Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorbrandonc
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2008

much love!
    attn other people: let me know if the positioning is weird. i can only test windows browsers until later..
    Awesome... thanks.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    looks pretty sweet!HUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!
    yay!guess what
    i really like it the only thing i dont like is it is kind of grainy

but i like the colorsride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)
    you should make one, you know you've got the skills.
    ps grainy? whatever. that's style.guess what
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrandonc

someone could make a favicon. 16x16. we're using the default vanilla thing right now and it looks dumb
    Somebody should now tweak the default colors to match our sweet new header. And, eventually, we should have a couple headers that rotate out. And a footer!Word nerd
    how do we post a new header?there ain't no magic in the breakdown baby
    ^ with magic?HUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!
    ^ damn it, i have no reached that level of spell castingthere ain't no magic in the breakdown baby
    Rich, I think you design one with the specifications that Brandon can give you, and then you give it to Brandon. But I don't even know if it is possible to have rotating headers, or even desirable. It was just a fanciful idea. Tra la la.Word nerd
    well mine would have a laser light show (as expected)there ain't no magic in the breakdown baby
    Oh shit!Word nerd
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2008 edited

my photoblog has rotating headers, but it uses necromancy, not magic, so I do be thinking it would not work here.this wont hurt a bit...
    •  
      CommentAuthormur

ilikeitfixed:i really like it the only thing i dont like is it is kind of grainy

i'm no artist, but i'd have to agree. i think the concept is great, however, just some tweaking needed. my brain keeps wanting to tune out the "static".

it's also possible that my brain is fundamentally flawed. in fact, i'd say it's probable.

along the same lines, kiddo katsu's logo always puts me about half a step away from experiencing full epileptic seizures.~(..,)~ (oYo) make whoopee not war (oYo) ~(..,)~
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn

i love the 80s miami colors...sweet logo...i agree that the rest of the site should be in the same, neons and shit!!(moscow)
    I'd say that Kat's avatar is probably a good example of how a Bostonfixed lasershow could be accomplished.Word nerd
    moscow:i love the 80s miami colors...sweet logo...i agree that the rest of the site should be in the same, neons and shit!!

We could have rotating stylesheets too, that correspond to each logo design. Crazy neons for this header, shades of gray for a BW-photo header, etc. Or whatever.Word nerd
    i appreciate your feedback...but i'm not going to change it because i like it how it is. some people like things crisp and clean, and that's cool but that's not this header. i fully agree with rob - rotating headers would be the bomb. if that's not possible, we should just change it up every now and then. so basically what i'm saying is: feel free to make a less grainy header, and then I'LL criticize it! JKJK
    but really everyone, design one yourself! brandon, you should post the parameters again here.
    i REALLY wanted to make an animated gif like the north end knockout flyer for the header, but that wouldn't be too swell when i'm cruising this site at work. so no more epileptic seizures for now...guess what
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrandonc

i can make them rotate.

banners should be 130px tall and pretty wide (2000px should cover it; since most people won't see the stuff on the far right, you can repeat). i can work other things out too, but i'd like to keep the height stable..
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl

someone on the old site made a nice sepia-toned header with an old map of boston and a bike on it. Anyone still have a copy of that one.Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    •  
      CommentAuthorkaryatid

^ i re-posted it back in one of the earlier threads. it was the wrong aspect ratio, though.

what's a favicon?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrandonc

it's the little image that gets displayed to the left of the URL in most browsers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

brandonc:someone could make a favicon. 16x16. we're using the default vanilla thing right now and it looks dumb

I just did this in a few minutes.

And the inverse, which might go along well with the new header.
    The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    •  
      CommentAuthormur

just shrink kiddo katsu's initial bike polo logo down to 16x16. there's nothing polo-specific about it, and it looks fine at that resolution.
    ~(..,)~ (oYo) make whoopee not war (oYo) ~(..,)~
    •  
      CommentAuthorpapi

or we could "adapt" nyfixed's.

and uhm don't be jackin BBP's logos;)I'm going to eat your brain and gain your knowledge
    ^yeah, go jack nyfixed's isntead!You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpapi

zzzz...I'm going to eat your brain and gain your knowledge
    (i was just makin' a joke!)You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpapi

dude if you're gonna make a joke it must be followed by ;)
    that is the #1 rule of the internets.
    (noob)

I like the second one by buckley.I'm going to eat your brain and gain your knowledge
    ^2nded on the Buckleyclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

You'd be surprised what reversing colors can do for ~5 minutes of work.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.