Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2016

photo madone_zpswix6u4mu.jpg
    Ok here's a a 48cm Madone. That was probably the smallest size, so say you wish it was a 46cm. Just lower the seatpost, get a shorter stem, and take out however many headset spacers you want. Well that stem already looks pretty short so you might need a 70mm but I don't think changing these parameters is going to hurt the performance of the bike.

I see the problem with the wheels. That toe overlap sicks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2016 edited

Yes Ryan, you can adjust bikes to suit your individual proportions, because bikes come in different geometries, but you can only do so much. They also call them whatever size they want, like many companies would call something a 46 even if the top tube is 53, so numbers aren't everything and people can make similar enough bikes work. We all know this. But you got it, that bike sucks for a lot of reasons."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    I personally like being able to stand over my top tube without wearing dress heelsi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorsmoothness
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2016

short people problems: people ask why i have so many women's/pink/girly/weird frames in general. I could tell people about frame geometry, the woes of toe overlap, or the truck like steering that short people experience on 700c wheels, but sure. i can just "stick a shorter stem and lower the seat" on a production bike, and it'll be fine.

i just wanna have a classic road frame that doesn't leave me feel like i'm gonna endo (guy problems on a girl frame), or ball myself with a "french fit."

then again...i do like obnoxious color patterns as a brag factor. so meh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2016 edited

What size do you usually ride? I have a problem where I keep looking for classy small bikes, but then I find them and can't buy any more and I'm running out of other short friends who ride bikes to forward them to (like, "darn, everyone's bought a bike recently. I can't bother them with another one). I post some here, sometimes on fb, sometimes just shed a tear and let them go. There were several 650c Rossins up recently.

Is your issue with "girl frames" that the tt's are short? Long torso? Every once in a while older customs for people with similar proportions show up on ebay."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2016 edited

Less arguing, more stupid bikes.

Charge Cooker Kids 20". Look at that q factor!

Don't get me wrong, a tiny fatbike looks like hella fun, but a derailleurless singlespeed design with track ends and a 135mm hub would have allowed the use of a normal 68mm bottom bracket, which would have made *much* more sense.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2016

This is interesting, the Cervelo RS came in a size with 650c wheels. So they had increased the rake drastically on the 54 and 51, and then I guess the 650c fork had a super tight rake because it brought it back to 40mm even with a 72deg headtube angle

photo cervelo.jpg_zpsdqd1lai2.gif
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2016

Fat Chance tandem

"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    @nandy: find me a 50-51 c-c top tube cheap 650b. or a 700c/24" in the same size...which apparently is the top of the height range.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2016

"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    I wanna see seatstays like that for cobblestone suspension.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2016 edited

That top tube looks like it should come with a "Danger: crotch destruction" warning label.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    or knee destruction via sikk skidzz

that is awesomeDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2016

Or knee destruction via normal pedaling.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2016

The pink bike is dead. Long live the pink bike.

•  
      CommentAuthorNandy

V nice."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

If you're ever around Buffalo you need to ride my Gitane, it'd probably be perfect for you with the 650c front!"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2016

you think it's just a regular townie...

but is it?
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2016

duuuude"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorpaul jameson
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2016 edited

I got the spox wrench for those things, if ya need it.

Also the crunch it makes when you cut those spox is top-notch.

Also unsung advantage, you can roll up extra spox and put them in the saddlebag for emergency repairs.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    aww yeahi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    smoothness:you think it's just a regular townie...

but is it?

y'all are just jelly of my commuter!
    RE: Fat Chance Tandem, I have a customer who is blind and owns a bright green Fat Chance Tandem. She's very nice and loves riding it with people. She's gone to Bike party a couple times, I think.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2016 edited

Observed this morning parked outside outside the coffee shop down the street from my friend's apartment in Sellwood where I'm staying in Portland.
     photo p_00313_zpsrl3yqj4j.jpg
    Unclear whether or not it was towing the baby trailer.
     photo p_00312_zpscgpvxhxl.jpg::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2016 edited

gone