Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Critical Mass - sounds like a bunch of fuckin' jerks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIV
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009

^Pot - calling the kettle black
    I'm not the asshole disobeying the cops and bragging about it online. Critical Mass is for boring, semi-mongoloids with a warped sense of reality. Way to protest, guys, way to protest.
    Wait... that they disobey the police is your issue?

Here I thought we might be on the same page for once...

Not to rain on anyone's parade but I've long held a grudge against CM in Boston, from my messenger days. At the time it seemed like a bunch of (largely yuppie) hooligans making trouble when all I wanted to do was to survive to ride another day. I'm not saying that's an accurate reading of the situation, simply my own (admittedly uninformed) opinion.

I'm not sure I understand the point of riding on Storrow?
    tiny:Wait... that they disobey the police is your issue?

It doesn't make IV any less of an asshole that he's proud of his dissidence and bragging about his and others behavior during CM. Hooligans is not the word. Braindead 20-somethings with just as much personal entitlement as those they claim to be subverting is why they ride on Storrow.

Additionally, CM is for boring people.
    i agree that bike people on cm do irritate car and leg people on that day. and for that reason i do not like it. im not sure its bringing awareness to the existence of bikers so much as pissing people off. shrug.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN

banana truffles:im not sure its bringing awareness to the existence of bikers so much as pissing people off. shrug.

i think its kinda ridiculous that its that easy to piss people off...what, you have to sit at an intersection for an extra 30 seconds?RIDE METAL
    •  
      CommentAuthorIV

I just think it's really fun to ride with a big group of cyclists. The "awareness" tag people put on it might be a bit lofty and the practice of riding in the middle of the road and blocking traffic might be anti-productive but it's super fun to ride with 200+ goofy rowdy bike riders and that's why I liked it.
    eBAUMANN:
    banana truffles:im not sure its bringing awareness to the existence of bikers so much as pissing people off. shrug.

i think its kinda ridiculous that its that easy to piss people off...what, you have to sit at an intersection for an extra 30 seconds?

yup. people are assholes.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN

banana truffles:
    eBAUMANN:

i think its kinda ridiculous that its that easy to piss people off...what, you have to sit at an intersection for an extra 30 seconds?

yup. people are assholes.

well, maybe one day while sitting there watching a bunch of smiling bikers ride by, they will realize that their anger is pointless, that its easier to just calm down and smile back...i guess thats just another "perfect world" situation though, boston IS filled with a good amount of assholes in cars.RIDE METAL
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I have a long-standing beef with CM because of the few that talked mad shit and, by all appearances, were just using the crowd as an excuse to get away with pompous assholery. I do realize that applying that logic could condemn any group, but still- they were dicks to my valets, so fuck 'em.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorowen

Yeah even though I love CM, it really bugs me when ordinary douchebags just use it as an outlet for their douchebaggery. It's supposed to be an expression of civil disobedience. Extra emphasis on the "civil" part.
    As not just the President of, but an official member of Douches for America, I understand that only special Douche Bags are permitted to exhibit levels of douche-baggery that exemplify the nature of the mass that we, as bikers, are trying to achieve. Those "ordinary" douches should stick to quasi-douche level chicanery until they are ready to advance via official state-regulated testing. I hope this clarifies things.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

anyone else kinda annoyed that bu biolab protesters were hijacking critical mass? kinda annoying. dude at the start made a speech about the bu biolab...isn't critical mass just supposed to be a bike ride? sure, it can have indirect political/social implications, but it's just people riding bikes. we're not protesting the bu biolab because we're riding bikes.
    i wish they had critical mass every friday and every hour because i love bicycles and everyone should ride a bicycles and there should be no cars ever because they cause all the pollution in the world and i'm a big gay baby and i need my diaper changedBut the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthorpolkaishot

^ LOLinsert lulzy signature here
    • CommentAuthorunit

has anyone seen an instance where an ambulance or other vehicle in emergency response and the mass had some sort of altercation? How did it pan out?
    • CommentAuthorowen
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009 edited

Usually I've seen them be pretty good about pulling over for emergency vehicles. On friday an ambulance came thru central sq. as the mass was going through there and everyone pulled over. I'm relatively new to it though so I bet other shit has happened in the past.
    • CommentAuthorKid

As I'm reading through all this I'm thinking that 1/4 of you are just computer geeks that love causing internet controversy, never actually going out and riding for fun. Stop complaining about how you feel and ride critical mass, block traffic, be an asshole and have fun. Or just delete your BostonFixed account and be happy on your multi speed bike.

ps- Mephlehet although I have never met you and know nothing about you, I hate your attitude.
    Jealous?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Kid, I love my multispeed. Plus, my mom says I look handsome on it. Don't hate.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Kid:Or just delete your BostonFixed account and be happy on your multi speed bike.

lol.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    joeyfresh:Kid, I love my multispeed. Plus, my mom says I look handsome on it. Don't hate.

Win.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Kid:As I'm reading through all this I'm thinking that 1/4 of you are just computer geeks that love causing internet controversy, never actually going out and riding for fun. Stop complaining about how you feel and ride critical mass, block traffic, be an asshole and have fun. Or just delete your BostonFixed account and be happy on your multi speed bike.

ps- Mephlehet although I have never met you and know nothing about you, I hate your attitude.

lllloooooooooooollllllll

you are a childBut the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2009

Kid: block traffic, be an asshole and have fun

Fuck yeah.
    +1 jeffYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    This pic made me think of CM. I think we need guns, too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2010

Is that what your icon is from?

Also, Kid stopped logging on the day I told him to gtfo. I'm glad he followed the advice.Fuck yeah.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2010

^^And cooler helmets!!!We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    joeyfresh:^^And cooler helmets!!!

The old German/quasi-Darth Vadar helmets are really cool. If Bell, Bern Pro-tec, Triple 8, Giro, etc. made a bike helmet in that style I'd rock one in a second.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthornil
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2010

Is anyone going this Friday? Does it really start at 5:30?broken hearts & bicycle parts
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

i'm down.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar

I might go.

If anyone wants free food beforehand, I'll be helping with Food Not Bombs by the Park St T-Station from 3-5pm on Friday.
    Working sadly...clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorthehum

there's a good chance i'll go. Turnout for the last two were <10, the smallest I've ever seen compared to last year's winter months.theHum
    • CommentAuthorPLyTheMan
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2010 edited

End of the month came up fast! Don't think I'll be able to make it this month, too broke for train fare as usual. Gunning for having a job AND a chopper built by the end of April though, so we'll see...
    •  
      CommentAuthornil
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2010

Anyone of you guys going uses google latitude? Or could you text me where you are around 6:15? Regrettably I won't get out of work until about 6, but I'd like to catch up.broken hearts & bicycle parts
    I wanna go to CM today but I don't have a bike. Can someone lend me a bike meant for someone 6'4"?
    I have a really nice black IRO fixed speed that is meant for someone 6'4". It's too big for me, so I'd sell it really cheap. Here it is:

•  
      CommentAuthor49teeth
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2010

I'll probably go. Might not do the whole ride if my chain keeps derailing, but I'll be sitting near the Copley fountain if you want to say hai.I am Humbert outside the internet, actually.
    • CommentAuthorPLyTheMan
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2010

End of the month bump! Unless some sort of utter disaster strikes, or they don't let me on the train with it, I should be there on my newly built chopper. Be sure to show up so you can watch as my seat comes loose and I eat shit or hit a pot-hole and wreck my fork!
    i can't wait.

zomar or anyone else who knows, can you whisper me the address to the h.e.l.l. show?
    • CommentAuthormauspad
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2010

friday's going to be beautiful
    gonna go grab some pretty drop bars off of Nao and then bust em out for this =DNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    I might go.
    Might do it on my BMX so I can do bunnyhop tailwhips and impress girls.I am Humbert outside the internet, actually.
    I'll wear my tt helmet and steal the girls from Humbert.

that's how that works, right?Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2010

I'm really looking forward to this!

Afterwards in Allston is going to be a H.E.L.L. Hellmets benefit acoustic show (pay what you can all money raized goes to protecting peoples noggins), find details in the Music/Events/calander/etc thread. I'll have fliers at the critical mass too.
    • CommentAuthormauspad
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2010

critical mass should stop at an atm so i can get $$ for the show.

chris do you know if they're gonna be selling t-shirts? i want me a flaming skull h.e.l.l. shirt.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2010 edited

^ edit: Shirts will be there. pics are on their facebook.