Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Who wants to go?
    Flyer makes entry $4 instead of $5

More info here.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    i would go, but i'm going to be too busy smoking weed.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    ^boooooclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    that was just a joke. sxe!!!!!!!!!!!!

but seriously, what do they have there? is it all mit-y things? do i spy books for sale?You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    Books, computer randomness, records sometimes, random science equipment, tools, i've rarely seen bike stuff, but they have lots of neat things imho. I'm going to be picking up some digital calipers for sure.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorpapi
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2008

i think they sell theseI'm going to eat your brain and gain your knowledge
    •  
      CommentAuthorkaryatid
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2008 edited

the MIT Flea/Swapfest isn't MIT-specific, it's just held on their property. basically, everyone (like my landlord) brings their stuff from things like AV equipment, industrial stuff, tools, bike stuff, old electronics (things with vacuum tubes), more modern computers, high voltage, mechanical bits and pieces, books, vinyl.... and tries to swap/sell them.

EDIT: wait. estratton just said most of this. whups.
    Just a note - people do pay to sell/vend there, so if you wanna try selling your stuff, you have to pay for a spot.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbshea81
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2008 edited

i love flea markets and yardsales. at the very least they always brings together interesting people. there's a huge fleato on the cape in wellfleet that's served as a meeting place for some the most bizzare and fun interactions i've had with strangers. i'm in.fool me once, shame on me. fool me twice, i guess im into trannies
    •  
      CommentAuthorSoft T-Rex

i always miss this and i'll be damned if i miss it again

of course its right around finals...Hey, aren't you a dinosaur?
    • CommentAuthorjohnderson

I'm down to go.
    I'm stopping by. It's just down the street from my house. Holla!With relish!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbshea81

conor. i just the joke.fool me once, shame on me. fool me twice, i guess im into trannies
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiiike

bshea81:i love flea markets and yardsales. at the very least they always brings together interesting people. there's a huge fleato on the cape in wellfleet that's served as a meeting place for some the most bizzare and fun interactions i've had with strangers. i'm in.

i've been, and it's ALWAYS a good timesports!
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn

it's so great...i can spend hours with all the nerdy shit!!(moscow)
    i got so much random shit last year.polo
    People interested in going and then grabbing some brunch/lunch?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    i'd be downpolo
    Bump

This is happening this SUNDAY. I'm planning on going, wanted to see if anyone else is.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthor.
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2008

I think i might go....
    maybe
    hoping to find camera stuff, that be great.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrandonc

if you're going to be in that area & in the mood to buy stuff anyway, the mit press bookstore is having a loading dock sale: http://web.mit.edu/bookstore/www/events/index.html#docksale

it's on the 19th and 20th, 10am-7pm. 292 main st.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKitty

oh man, i love flea markets!bake em' away, toys
    kirstencupcake:I think i might go....
    maybe

You prob would see some there. No clue about the quality. I'm going to get a digital caliper (wow... i sound like a huge dork...)clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthor.
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2008 edited

estratton:
    kirstencupcake:I think i might go....
    maybe

You prob would see some there.

I was thinking that. Just because H.E. Edgerton was the pioneer of strobe photography and was a professor at MIT. Which might mean it would be a great place to find some photography equipment (old pref.)

so I don't sound too much of a nerd and confuse everyone. "Doc" Edgerton's work:
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

^have you seen that tv show about the guys at MIT who use the crazy ass camera that takes 9321409384092134098234 billion frames a second?
    • CommentAuthor.

^ nope, but I wish i did. What was it on? (station/channel)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

it's a show on the discovery channel or something.. each week they photograph something new, i saw an episode where they examined "impact" on the human body by watching some get shot with a bean bag, punched by a boxer, kicked, etc.. it was/is awesome.. wish i could remember the name..
    • CommentAuthor.

^it's ok. I don't have cable. Sounds interesting though!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKitty

^^fight science?

thats on national geographic and is awesome! But i havent seen that in a year...bake em' away, toys
    Bump

I'm going, and trying to pickup some misc tools/digital calipers.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorCole
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2008

will they have bunsen burners? and lab shit.
    •  
      CommentAuthormur

~(..,)~ (oYo) make whoopee not war (oYo) ~(..,)~
    ^hah. Beaker.
    ^^sometimes, ya. I'd be cautions about buying lab equipment as you never know if it's contaminated or not.

Lots of computer stuff last time, records, and tools. Also TONS of electronics stuffs - wires, circuit boards, shrink wrap.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorCole

damn i want a methlab from all mit components.

but on the serious note i do have to get some tools to keep in the city.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

shrink wrap! holy crap
    Bumpclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbshea81
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2008

sickfool me once, shame on me. fool me twice, i guess im into trannies
    • CommentAuthorOld Guy
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2008

Did anybody buy the 100 amp welder for $50?