Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2007

I woulda been really happy to come out, stupid fucking finals.
    Hold another one when it's not finals week!dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthortrisher

i was terribly hung over and freezing this whole day, thus my photo project came out pretty eh. i think this is the only photo i liked.

•  
      CommentAuthorpapi
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2007 edited

^pics taken by Tori(click for more)

Trishabee, post more please!!

DannyRocks:Hold another one when it's not finals week!

Well, we'll def. put on the big summer tourney again, but maybe a small dealie in the spring would be in order as well.

I really liked the 2v.2 format, and it'd be fun to do a tourney were we drew teammates randomly..Moral of the story is get your polo bikes together and get your practice on, Sundays at noon.I'm going to eat your brain and gain your knowledge
    Its hard to play polo when your opponents are fleeting spirits, caught between reality and insufficient lighting/insufficiently big aperatures
    P1050641legit bike polo... a gusly entity of delicious. Mallets'n wheelcovers.
    • CommentAuthorHowardR
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2007 edited

Jav, thanks again for putting this together, next time Boston will take the trophy.

Here is a cool picture with our own marching band for bike polo:

Bike Polo
    •  
      CommentAuthortrisher

We REALLY need to find a place with a roof...WWJD
    ^I was actually joking about this with my brother last night when we passed some new 300,000 sq ft building in E. Cambridge by the movie theatre @ One Kendal Sq.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorpapi
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2008

Sassaroo:We REALLY need to find a place with a roof...
    yup.I'm going to eat your brain and gain your knowledge
    Only if we can build a velodrome on the outside of the polo court.Word nerd
    • CommentAuthorsarah beth
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2008 edited

Hey guys! I'm Sarah Beth, one of the other BU journalism folks who came out to cover the tournament for class. Here are some of my photos. Sorry it took a while to get these up here--I disappeared sans computer for winter break. Maybe they've got nostalgia value this way. Anyway, thanks so much again for letting us hang out and answering all our questions. Feel free to send an email if you need a higher-res version of any of these for anything.
    - Sarah Beth

edit: sarahbethglicksteen@gmail.com

•  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2008

Nice shots....
    I look fairly amused in this photo

or just pissed could go either way

Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    • CommentAuthor*tink
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2008

shit

i know this is like a million years late, but does anyone have a photo of the "custom prize mallets"?

interested in their construction/quality as i'm considering something similar for the ESPI3

cheers
    •  
      CommentAuthorpapi

hi tink!

basically like this. except not broken. (your basic ski polo/abs deal spraypainted legit bike polo celeste.)

what's funny is i was just lurking over on dcfixed for the first time a few minutes ago...ah interwebs...I'm going to eat your brain and gain your knowledge
    • CommentAuthor*tink

ok. so it wasn't anything redonkulous like the BMW mallets at Los Marcos then... Got it.

Yeah i make "custom" mallets in my spare time for the whole DC crew, and have been stepping my game up recently.

Looking to sell them nationally, but trying to gauge the market waters first dig?
    ohhh national distribution. I've pondered it too... Thats me up there, reppin' Legit Bike Polo. I'd be game for offering up a couple mallets'n maybe wheelcovers too for prizes at the ESPI's, but you may have that covered already with your operation.

Cheerslegit bike polo... a gusly entity of delicious. Mallets'n wheelcovers.
    I left the last comment in all threads!!!!!!!!! yey