Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthortravisW
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2008 edited

i was riding to class full bag and frame strapped to me. crossing a cross walk. a guy stepped in front of me, so i turned to the right and last second he just jumped into me. i was going really slow so neither of us were hurt. I apologized snd kept going. sorta scared me.

anyone else hit a pedestrian? was it a result of a penguin dance?boooyah
    last friday on mass ave in front of berklee during rush hour i was going at a pretty moderate speed when a dude with a two wheeler full of soda walked out into traffic in front of me. shit went everywhere and i couldnt help but laugh. he was pissed but he knew it was his fault.ride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)
    •  
      CommentAuthorrobotbuilder

I was zooming down one of the residential streets of Beacon Hill and there was a small group of pedestrians ambling along in the street. I alerted them, but somehow got locked in to the left, right, left, right dance of DOOM with one of 'em. (I believe it is known as Parallel Synchronized Randomness) Anyway, I careened straight into him, but the laws of physics were such that he was able to deflect the impact, sending me ass over apple cart on the street. Some onlooker said that he pushed me. I'm just glad I didn't get particularly hurt and that I didn't get sued by some yuppie.
    -robot[all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthorkaryatid
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2008

^ Parallel Synchronized Randomness == classic exercise in metastability!

Oddly enough, I've managed to successfully dump my bike or veer wildly prior to running down any pedestrians.... But when I'm zero or 8 wheels, I hit them constantly.
    8 wheels? fruit boots?

hee hee! those things are silly. but who am i to judge, i own a unicycle.flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkaryatid

lollerskates!

•  
      CommentAuthorhowl

I've done that a couple of times.
    Went down on a steel plate in the rain one time, trying to avoid a ped, and managed to hit them anyway. I still feel bad about that one.
    Guy stepped off the sidewalk into the bike lane to pass a clot of people, just as i was passing. Shoulder/hip check, but we both stayed up. Mutual apologies.
    My proudest moment: guy walks out from between two parked cars, talking on the cell phone, holding his coffee out in front of him like a magic wand or something. Point of impact: the cup of coffee, which exploded like a tiny bomb.
    Miraculously, not a drop of coffee got on either party.

I am amazed that i haven't hit a bu student yet- i've come damned close dozens of times on the boston side of the bu bridge. Suckers will walk right out in front of you.Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    •  
      CommentAuthoradam

yeah those bu students, it's like frogger near the end of comm. i can't stand it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

I've hit a couple of people, but I think I've finally got it under control.

I also buzzed close enough to someone one time, that it felt like their leg and my rear wheel may have rubbed. That was weird.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    some dude hit a bu student a few days ago. student's friend bitched on bikeforums.

i've come close to hitting peds, never fast. apologized, and left amiably. but yesterday, some dude on a bike cut me off at a red light. don't know why he felt the need to move five or so feet over to get in front of me, but what can you do?You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch

i hit some one in the rain. i could see just fine and was going down comm ave and a bunch of people got of the T and proceeded to just run across the street 3 ft in front of me obviously i hit one of them pretty hard. I tried to dodge it and turned to hard and went over my handle bars he just fell over, but not hard enough to cause him not get right back up and keep running for shelter. Some one else helped me up and retrieved my hat and glasses...Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Hit someone back in.. november? I posted about it on here. Penguin dance all the way.dongpincher 1000
    • CommentAuthorraff I el

"like frogger" is fucking right. I always want to yell something about entitlement not extending to traffic, but i'm never fast enough and i don't think they'd hear me over their ipods, or understand if they did. Instead, i got an ipod to drown out their moues of alarmed irritation.Geryon was a monster everything about him was red.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

i got hit BY a pedestrian the other day...i was on a road ride with aaron, about ten ft behind on mass ave by porter. this dude on the sidewalk waited till aaron passed, apparently didn't even see me and wound up his arms to dash across.

ended up whacking me in the shoulder with his arms and then checking my shoulder as he poorly attempted to hurtle into traffic. i did a girly scream and kept on pedaling, reasonably freaked out and glad to still have the rubber side down.
    ^ and it was quite the girly-scream, I thought she got hit by a truck or something.

^^ if I'm coming off the Boston side of the BU bridge and students are looking like their gonna cross, I start yelling at them to "stay the fuck out of my way". I don't like having to do that, but it seems to be the only thing that works.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    I say we put soap bars in socks and settle it with these peds tonight. Punching my palm, I head to the soap dish.Jockin' Mike D. to my dismay!
    •  
      CommentAuthortone

Had a suit run into me on a rainy day with the umbrella down. He was half way across the intersection when he just started running. I yelled, braked but he caught my front wheel. Didn't even look up and kept on running...We are the small axe.
    iPhone Punk:I say we put soap bars in socks and settle it with these peds tonight. Punching my palm, I head to the soap dish.

I googled but couldn't find an image of cyclists riding around whipping socks with soap (or oranges) above their heads. its too bad, its pretty amazing in my head.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthoriPhone Punk

^^ Sounds like the Penguin, he's a master of the penguin dance. Here's a tip, beware of the umbrella tip!

^Teams of two abreast can share the opposite ends of a jump rope to clothesline peds. Fishing weight mace ended short lengths of a barbwire for shin snares would be inexpensive for one use disposable weapons.Jockin' Mike D. to my dismay!
    •  
      CommentAuthoriPhone Punk

.Jockin' Mike D. to my dismay!
    • CommentAuthorcindierock

i hit a BU ped on bay state infront of a BU admissions tour group. i had just swerved to not hit one girl that walked out in the road and as i was going back to the far right.. bam some bitch pops out from behind a parallel parked SUV. i hope it taught them to look both ways if they want to jay walk. the girl was fine, i smashed my face into her shoulder and bit my lip open. and i had just YIELDED to the crosswalk like i always do...(slow down to a pace where i could stop if need be.. and then speed up again)... i appoligized and she said it was ok and disappeared and left me bleeding and confused in the middle of the street

later she bitched about getting hit by a bike on livejournal and i told her i probably hit her and to not jaywalk and if she wants to jaywalk to look before she walks out...

later that day i almost hit another guy. i started yelling that i was keeping score and annoucing the point amount i would gain from hitting them as i passed peds.. something like "HIT A PED ALREADY, KEEPING SCORE... 100 POINTS LADY IN BLUE SHIRT"
    • CommentAuthorraff I el

^ point values ftw! there are probably a lot of good calls you could steal from pinball: OH NO! TILT!!!TIIIIIIIIILT!!!Geryon was a monster everything about him was red.

raff I el:^ point values ftw! there are probably a lot of good calls you could steal from pinball: OH NO! TILT!!!TIIIIIIIIILT!!!

bonus rounds! where you have to hit as many as possible in a time limit for extra points.
    • CommentAuthorraff I el

actually, 4:40 to 5:30pm in the financial district does look like that bonus where everything starts flashing and there are like 3 balls at once.Geryon was a monster everything about him was red.
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

I ride home from the financial district every day, 5:30 on state street is like a fucking zoo...I do my heroic best to miss everyone and everything so far so good. I really hate falling off my bike and I hate even more having to wrap tape and napkins over a wound.

I swear to jebus that all the peds in the Financial district need to go back to how to cross the street school. It would be fun to get some people together and and bullhorn and call out fouls like in a basketball game. FOUL!!! Didn't look both ways -10 walking points!this wont hurt a bit...
    •  
      CommentAuthorgregwhits

i hit a ped once, he turned, ran, got half a step while i was going down, i had time to say "watch o-", i hit him, fly off the bike into a roll, he was fucked and left in an ambulance. i felt really bad but it was totally his fault for starting to run across the street without looking.
    ^You win![all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthorPanameM

what about one of these but rebuilt for a BIKE!
    because This always blows.snow
    what boggles my mind is all the young mothers pushing their strollers out into the street without looking in one direction let alone two, because i have NO problem running over your over-grown fetus and letting the blood of the innocent cleanse the streets of boston.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

Um, they're testing traffic. If we're not going to stop for a stroller that just dropped off the curb, she's gonna be toast. It's simple mommy-logic. They're so careful when they're still preggers, but once the kid's out, it's anyone's call.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    ^I guess it's never too late for an abortion?[all your base are belong to us]
    • CommentAuthordeleteradio

you haven't lived until you've hit an elderly chinese lady who speaks no english.
    I hit a dude on Longwood a couple of years ago, I was trying to catch a commuter rail train and was sprinting to Ruggles. The guy walked into the street, looked at me and kept going. I hit him going about 20 mph I bailed off the front and kind of grabbed him so his head wouldn't hit the ground, we both hit the ground in an embrace and looked at each other for a minute while making ouch noises. We both got up and called it even, I missed my train though.
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008

dingleberry:I hit a dude on Longwood a couple of years ago, I was trying to catch a commuter rail train and was sprinting to Ruggles. The guy walked into the street, looked at me and kept going. I hit him going about 20 mph I bailed off the front and kind of grabbed him so his head wouldn't hit the ground, we both hit the ground in an embrace and looked at each other for a minute while making ouch noises. We both got up and called it even, I missed my train though.

that reminds me of the time i bumped hands with a lady at the pru and for a moment we held hands, looked at each other, and let go and went different directions in the crowded mall.... very strange. i have no idea why my imediate response to a hand that bumped mine was to grasp it.
    cindierock.ac.nz:that reminds me of the time i bumped hands with a lady at the pru and for a moment we held hands, looked at each other, and let go and went different directions in the crowded mall.... very strange. i have no idea why my imediate response to a hand that bumped mine was to grasp it.

this was actually the original plot of "sliding doors"
    this fat, elderly black lady walked into the bike lane looking the wrong way in somerville on beacon while traffic was blazin' and no room to maneuver, and i ended up decking her right in the face with an iro frame I was carrying. i stopped and called first responder. tried to talk to her but all that came out of her mouth was, "UUNNNNGH WYEAAAAHHHH!" and other incomprehensible whiney "I'm in pain" gibberish. Cop got my info but the woman didn't seem to care enough to do anything.
    iPhone Punk:Ha ha ha I just noticed that one of you assholes at headquarters changed my profile name to "ass clown." Very clever, very clever indeed. I didn't see that one coming.

smarten upthere ain't no magic in the breakdown baby
    I couldn't have prepared for it.Jockin' Mike D. to my dismay!
    You got me!Jockin' Mike D. to my dismay!
    ^ i wish i did it!there ain't no magic in the breakdown baby
    i think you 2 should kiss and make up. for reals. hutHUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!
    i would not want aaron to get jealous!there ain't no magic in the breakdown baby
    •  
      CommentAuthoriPhone Punk
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008 edited

I don't dislike Richard. I just like to struggle up. I'm an underprivileged man raised by a single mother. My boy is Obama and his cousin is Raila Odinga.

^ You didn't hear? I'm staying in Aaron's bed when I move in with you guys.Jockin' Mike D. to my dismay!
    Rich: iPhone already agreed to being my bitch, so you can have him for a pack of cigs.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    Yeah, Richard, you can wrap your lips around me.Jockin' Mike D. to my dismay!
    thats not how the bitch gets played, you'll be wrapping your lips around Rich. get used to it, Bitch.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    iPhone Punk:Yeah, Richard, I CANT NOT WAIT TO wrap MY lips around YOU

FIXEDthere ain't no magic in the breakdown baby
    •  
      CommentAuthoriPhone Punk
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008 edited

So that means I can wait. Yeah, it does. You're right, I certainly can wait for that. Gross!

^ And I still say your avatar is the eye of the jason vorhees mask.Jockin' Mike D. to my dismay!
    i heard you love to swallow babies?there ain't no magic in the breakdown baby
    This is true. I am not vegan, or vegetarian, and infants fit right in the mircowave. But I only eat the ones I find on train tracks.Jockin' Mike D. to my dismay!