Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthor0x000000
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2008

^^^ that's brutal.what does he commute to clowntown on that thing
    • CommentAuthorjohnderson

How does that even happen!

At first, i didn't even notice the squirrel, and thought the broken fork was due to the car in the background. I bet you (or whoever did that) felt baaaaad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

that was a pretty decent wheelset too..
    • CommentAuthorHowardR
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2008

On the topic of hitting non-peds, A few years ago I was flying down Moody st in Waltham on my roadie bike and I saw a really fat black cat ready to pounce on the other side of the street. As I tried to slow down he pounced in between my wheels and sent me flying. Luckily my clip-less pedals worked like a charm and I was wearing a helmet and backpack, so I went flying into a roll. I only scraped up my elbow, and thank god there was no car behind me. As I was laying on the ground, no fucking person came up to help me, except one guy yelled from his car "you saw that was a black cat right?"
    Uh oh, Howie... Bad luck, bro.Jockin' Mike D. to my dismay!
    •  
      CommentAuthorrobotosan
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2009

next time i run someone over... I think im going to get off my bike and do that hammer dance.
    • CommentAuthorRMM
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2009 edited

I have found that the solution to stupid pedestrians is a bell. For some reason, if you have a cute sounding bell and you ring it preemptively, people smile as they don't step in front of you.
    Lacking a bell, pretending that you are on the track and firmly and crisply barking "Stick" or "Stay", with or without pointing directly at the sheep will usually startle the ped into freezing. I seriously pretend that I am addressing a dog. This usually doesn't endear the pedestrians to me as a cyclist, but it prevents accidents.
    If you absolutely have to hit the person, a direct hit will usually injure you less than a glancing blow. Though you are saving injury to yourself by hitting the ped harder, which has its own ethical dilemmas that I will allow you to work out on your own.http://euphoriabeforetotalimplosion.blogspot.com/
    When I got doored, the woman looked at me, and the first thing she said was "don't you have a bell?"

I would rather the peds keep moving than stand still. I plan on them being in a certain place when I ride by, and when they stop, it throws a wrench into the whole process.Girls on bikes really turn my crank
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2009

good thing this got bumped with all that useful information!
    i try to ride shirtless and screaming as much as possible. that usually keeps peds and cars away.dongpincher 1000
    • CommentAuthorunit
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009

I was thinking of rigging up an air horn to my bike, one of thoes tiny hand held ones
    • CommentAuthorPugatch

theres an angry lady on a hybrid who rides through harvard sq alot and she uses a gym teacher style whistle, it got my attention when i was walking in an intersectionThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    • CommentAuthorben

Unit:I was thinking of rigging up an air horn to my bike, one of thoes tiny hand held ones

Pre-rigged, though not so tinyI have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    Pugatch:theres an angry lady on a hybrid who rides through harvard sq alot and she uses a gym teacher style whistle, it got my attention when i was walking in an intersection

bahhahahhahah
    i just pictured a stereotypical gym teacher lady doing that :)YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    i t-boned a kid on a bike.

i jumped a box jump at the skatepark and as i landed a kid rushed in front of me and boooooom!
    bent his bike in half and knocked myself out for a sec...

all he got was a little road rash... he left his bike and rollerbladed home... kids are weird.

i felt bad but then i realized he wasnt hurt and got pissed cause i was all jacked up.

close enough.