Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Old Ten Speed Gallery

discuss!Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    Friction shiftahs fo' lyfe!

I think it's pretty neat, but won't be as popular as velospace/FGG because it doesn't allow us to indulge in our personalized vanity. It's just about useful old bikes.Think you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2008

i am happy this website exists.
    • CommentAuthorraff I el

i really want to like old ten speeds, but i hate the look of the chainring guards and the brake hoods/levers. everything else about them is so classy.Geryon was a monster everything about him was red.
    ^Also, stem shifters are gross. Downtubes yes. Stem no.

I actually think the "suicide brake levers" look kinda classy in their own way.Think you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

there is a bike co-op in cleveland that had a sign that said "no women's 10 speeds!" they already had a warehouse full of 'em. i always wonder why they don't sell it as scrap steel.
    •  
      CommentAuthor0x000000

robsolete:^Also, stem shifters are gross. Downtubes yes. Stem no.

I actually think the "suicide brake levers" look kinda classy in their own way.

i love sheldon brown's quote about stem shifters:
    "Stem shifters also present a danger in a collision. Depending on what gear you have selected, stem shifters can be like having a dull knife aimed at your groin!"what does he commute to clowntown on that thing
    • CommentAuthorshepherd
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2008

Old Ten Speeds now you're talkin my language, cuase I'm wicked old!!!

If anyone is interested they may want to check out one of my favorite Bike shops in the world (I can say that cause I've been in thousands of them)

http://www.bikeville.com/

Via Bicycles in Philly . . . amazing!!! really weird syuff like you've never seen anywhere else.