Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

What is your Bikes rad name?

mine is Gloria, which was originally the name i liked best when i came to older women. But it now has two meanings, as it is the name of one of my favorite characters from a Douglas Coupland Novel "The Gum Theif"

Ya shes an elegant and regal lady who enjoys the finer things in life and yes, i enjoy being creative with my bikes nameThis is Television; Late Night Television; Scripted with Percision; a Corner Store Pulp Fiction
    •  
      CommentAuthorPanameM
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2008

mines elizabeth, a real classy gal.
    then there girl in my class named elizabeth and i thought it would be funny if the first hing i said is hey i ride the elizabeth everyday and sometimes it makes me really sore.
    .. thats the only time we talked

didnt someone on here have an "oldboy" bike or something in the like
    oh and hi gloriasnow
    • CommentAuthorgone
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2008

My Grey Mist-colored Cross-Check is named "Zisek."

And then there's "My Pista (der Zorn Gottes)."
    Sexual Intercourse: The Bike.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    ^
    clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthor0x000000

i have been naming my bikes since i got my first road bike.

- blue lagoon
    - death weave (this one had a nasty habit of shaking violently when the rear rack was loaded)
    - red scare
    - white out (my current whip, the shogun)what does he commute to clowntown on that thing
    I like to name my bikes according to their ethnicity:

'74 Raleigh: Sir Reginald Wordsworth of Nottingham
    '76 Fuji: Fumio-san
    '78 Guerciotti: Guiseppe Veloce d'MilanoThink you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home.
    I've actually never named a bike, don't see the point. to me, its just a bike.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

^ agreed
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2008 edited

hector
    steegmar
    sigi
    max
    li'l jimmy

i love each like a son. more even.
    I've never named my bikes, but once I owned a car that I bought for $400 that I called "The Red Menace." It looked exactly like this, only more dented:

Word nerd
    all of my silver cars (3 of 4) have been "the silver bullet"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

Aaron Gigantic:I've actually never named a bike, don't see the point. to me, its just a bike.

a-man! surely yer april foolin'! "just a bike"? dude, bikes are my whole fuckin' life near 'bout. sad but true.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

Rob Gigantic:I've never named my bikes, but once I owned a car that I bought for $400 that I called "The Red Menace."

the most awesomest car ever
    so far this is what ive gathered from this thread: team gigantic doesnt name their bikes.... only their cars. (hut)HUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

there is only one car amongst team gigantic, unless you count mary's car, but alexi has never had a driver's license so he only gets rides in it.

erik maybe hiding on though, who knows what/who he actually has/does.
    I do miss the Red Menace occasionally. Eventually I sold it to a scrapyard for $50 after a friend drove it into a parked car. Damage to my car in that accident: $800. Damage to parked car: $80. Damn that thing was a death trap!Word nerd
    erik uses my car or borrows one from his workPh'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    Every team needs a support vehicle!Word nerd
    the focus looks the part too - I just need some giant sponsor decals!Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

i no longer have a driver's license.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRob Gigantic
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2008 edited

^^Aaron, my friend Scott OG (original gigantic) in Providence works for a print shop that does vehicle wraps for Mavic. Maybe we can hook the Silver Bullet up with some sweet yellow and black!Word nerd
    my bike's name is japhy.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

^^ remember the elephant with the viking helmet logo, that would be dope on the hood
    I've never named my bikes, but might start....clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

conor:my bike's name is japhy.

like ryder? i get it.
    y'all can call me ray smith.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorkanst

We named my bike Trial and Error, since that is pretty much how we built it
    ^Hahaha, at first I thought you were going to say because that's how you ride it.Word nerd
    Rob Gigantic:^^Aaron, my friend Scott OG (original gigantic) in Providence works for a print shop that does vehicle wraps for Mavic. Maybe we can hook the Silver Bullet up with some sweet yellow and black!

that would be amazing. make it happen, maybe change the text to say "gigantic" in the Mavic font?Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

dexter..
    • CommentAuthorPugatch

my bike is Svletvana cause she's a Jamis Sputnik which was mail ordered aka my mail ordered russian brideThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    hahahahahaha! ATHF for the win!Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    • CommentAuthorsaucy

mine was recently deemed chololodon. (fictional dinosaur)

the mighty beast treats me with love.
    Sunday Morning

Mosher

Squishy bike

Fast Bike

ect. . .[all your base are belong to us]
    dear fucking christ.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2008

ya gots to name yer whips. how do ya know which one yer ridin'? huh?
    this thread is hilarious. why spend time naming your rides instead of riding them.ride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

ilikeitfixed:why spend time naming your rides instead of riding them.

Hellz yess. I call mine the Langster. Because it's a Langster, and I don't give a damn. It'll be called the Geekhouse when I switch it over to the Geekhouse frame.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

you cats have no soul.
    What if you think of a name for a bike WHILE you're riding it?Think you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home.
    ^If I did that, all my bikes would be named "Oh shit!"Word nerd
    mine would be called, "why do you make me so tired every figgin day"ride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)
    Or "Where the fuck is that noise coming from?"Think you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

^haha that would be me.. i hate noises!
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl

robsolete:Or "Where the fuck is that noise coming from?"

my road bike is named "mr. creaky" after the irritating intermittent noise from the rear wheel.
    (the infamous ultegra-open pro problem)Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    •  
      CommentAuthorlingyyy

My bike is named "The Challenger." Like after the space shuttle disaster.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

rich!!! remember the challenger? have you been practicing?
    oh, he's been practicing!Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    • CommentAuthorgeekhouse

I have a bridgeport named steve.