Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormur
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2008

PanameM:im really sad that this is french...

http://www.errolmorris.com/commercials/miller/miller_mayo.html~(..,)~ (oYo) make whoopee not war (oYo) ~(..,)~
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn

^damn, i love mayo(moscow)
    •  
      CommentAuthorPanameM
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2008 edited

mur:
    PanameM:im really sad that this is french...

http://www.errolmorris.com/commercials/miller/miller_mayo.html

dont forget french kissing, thats always better than mayosnow
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn

Here's a little something that I wrote about my white friend a few years back,

10 things I love about you!!
    The following is a list of reasons why i love mayonnaise, in no order, but numbered.

1. Your second most prominent ingredient is water. My main ingredient is water.
    (sure i can look past the soybean oil and see what you are worth)

2. You are always in my fridge.

3. You have lots of fat and sodium.

4. You are smooth. You keep everything running smoothly. My mouth would surely dry out if it were not for you.

5. My obsession with you will go down in history as the single biggest turn-off ever recorded. That's right mayo, you keep me fat and available(to people. I am very much taken in the condiment market).

6. I love you.

7. You go with everything. There's no need to go rifling through the fridge to find something to put you on so you can go out, you are my brown shoes.

8. You have zero grams of carbs. So i can pretend that you don't make me fat.

9. You love to watch Bowflex infomercials with me, even though you are already in great shape.

10. You only get better with age. Sometimes i will let you watch TV all day and when i come back you say nothing, but i know what you mean. And then we go to the kitchen, just the two of us.
    (moscow)
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2008

i guess this is the new rage in retail coffee
    (moscow)
    athens in washington sq on beacon st is really goodride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNo. 11

Starbucks just bought Clover. They have one installed in Harvard Sq. Makes weak coffee, I think. I like High Rise on Concord Ave. Mostly for the tasty baked goods, though the coffee is good too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

^cheddar pepper bread on fridays and sundays!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn

it's totally against everything that i stand for...but i am also an engineer, and the thing is pretty sophisticated.(moscow)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNo. 11

I like the quiche, m'self. I think I go to school with you, pete! I recognize your face from the store and your paintings from the studio my ex-roommate Davy Fiveash was in last year. I'm over in the sculpture studio making big 3D things.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

No. 11:Starbucks just bought Clover. They have one installed in Harvard Sq. Makes weak coffee, I think. I like High Rise on Concord Ave. Mostly for the tasty baked goods, though the coffee is good too.

Of course Starbucks is going to have one of those cranking out weak coffee. They're clearly setting it up for a quick brew, so that they can sell more volume, and specifically to get lines out the door faster. I'm sure you know their standard is an 11-18 second shot? What the hell sort of range is that? And to top it all off, if you can trick the robot machine to pull a 30 second shot, it's too thin, and bitter to even consider drinking.
    Clearly if it's been done faster, it's better :/The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2008

^for a clean shot of espresso done right, try: second cup (allston), carlo's (allston), Café La Scala (coolidge) [thanks for the tip way back when, whoever that was](moscow)
    best espresso in town....
    clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    I'm a sucker for shitty diner coffee. Nothing is better than sitting down at a counter with a book and drinking the grimy stuff.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    ^ thats my man!there ain't no magic in the breakdown baby
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn

^^^not actually espresso...more like stovetop coffee. so not the best espresso in town.(moscow)
    ^fine..... but it's still damn good.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn

^agreed(moscow)
    • CommentAuthor_

We sell those Italian stovetop espresso makers where I work. One time this elderly man returned one, claiming it was defective. He left coffee in and all over it. I didn't give him a refund, but he refused to take it back with him. (But this is better than the time an elderly woman returned a three-year-old can opener that got stuck to a can of evaporated milk.) So I continue to use my Mr. Coffee espresso machine.

I do, however, recommend Italian cappuccino creamers, especially for soy milk enthusiasts, because you can put it in the microwave/dishwasher and coordinate your espresso-making/milk-heating (and frothing!). Thus, shortening the time between brewed espresso and espresso/milk fusion.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn

^dude, those mr. coffee espresso machines work better than some of the other, more expensive ones i have had...i wish i hadn't thrown it out. the other one sucks so bad that i don't even use it.(moscow)
    • CommentAuthor_

^I got mine as Christmas gift two years ago, and it's given me nothing but love.
    • CommentAuthormeatball

I think Peet's makes the best coffee.

ERC used to be the best espresso around IMO. Not so much now.

soy milk != for use in hot beverages.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNo. 11

At home I've got a french press, a stovetop espresso pot, an ibrik for turkish coffee, and a vacuum pot. The french press is my favorite, I think it makes a better cup than any brewer.

There's a new place opening in Brattle Square called Crema which promises to be a really good spot. They're gonna sport an FB80 and carry Terroir coffee. I'm doing all their training and I'm making sure they get it right. Check it out middle of next month.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn

^what kind of training?(moscow)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

Not trying to kiss ass, but most of you guys at Simon's make the best stuff I've had around here. The 1369 comes fairly close, and Peet's is very consistent.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPanameM
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2008 edited

btw, anyone been to diesel by davis?
    .. i think on elm st..

and is simons the one on mass ave by porter?snow
    • CommentAuthor_

No. 11:At home I've got a french press, a stovetop espresso pot, an ibrik for turkish coffee, and a vacuum pot. The french press is my favorite, I think it makes a better cup than any brewer.

I'm jealous of your ibrik. I'd buy one but I probably don't have the patience...and French presses work better anyway.
    I have a pink Starbucks Barista espresso machine in my kitchen, matches my Oury grips and my girl's vagina. I make it perfect and enjoy having French Roast ground for the espresso maker. Or a delicious Kuna, notable for the smaller bags it is sold in, gaurantees it will be used before it is blasé.

Also, Starbucks had undergone major changes that did ruin the espresso shot in store; many opinions united, this has been reversed. Last month the automatic baristas were retrofitted with a chip to simulate the former espresso timing. It took a week for me to learn to appreciate the old flavor again but it is totally renewed. (Btw, Seattle's Best is owned by Starbucks and their coffee products are the same. Starbucks did this to strike a deal with Border's books which hosts Seattle's Best, while B&N stores host Starbucks.)

Coffees are regionally variable agriculture, and no two chains or stores should make a like flavor or quality cup if they sell their own brand. Try respect them for what they are and never swill it down. Taste it like wine. Enjoy the diversities with your little fingers extended. But for me, I daunt the green straw!

Sorry if I repeated any information, I only skimmed through the posts.Jockin' Mike D. to my dismay!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHamburger
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2008

PanameM:btw, anyone been to diesel by davis?
    .. i think on elm st..

yes. get the vietnamese.

PanameM:and is simons the one on mass ave by porter?

yes. get anything because, apparently, Buckley feels strongly about their coffee
    buckley.:I'm so trying to kiss ass, because most of you guys at Simon's make the best stuff I've had around here...so good that each time I sip a Simon's I cry a little and ask it to hold me

weird, huh?People make decisions.
    iPhone Punk:(Btw, Seattle's Best is owned by Starbucks and their coffee products are the same. Starbucks did this to strike a deal with Border's books which hosts Seattle's Best, while B&N stores host Starbucks.)

Aw, really? As an former Seattlite, it was interesting to watch the two duke it out for control in the Seattle market. Clearly Starbucks won, and then conquered the world. I was actually surprised when I moved to Boston to see Seattle's Best still being served when I hadn't seen it in Seattle in such a long time.Word nerd
    do people really think 1369 is that great? I usually think their coffee is on the lower end of the quality scale, I'm kinda surprised to hear Buckley rank them so highly.

then again, due to my above-mentioned coffee tastes I don't claim to be any sort of connoisseur. I'll have to give them another try since they're so close.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    ^Their mochas are poor. I usually get tea there. I like the vibe of the place, though. If you can get a table.Word nerd
    ^^^ Yeah, notice their blue bagged "Holiday Blend" and red bagged "Christmas Blend" around the holidays. Starbucks was unbeatable in my opinion, older than its competition and with a higher end mission statement to be honest. They pioneered the corporate response to Fairtrade support. They blew minds with 20 hour work week full insurance benefits nearly decades ago, I could go on and on. I could tell you how common it is to know a supervisor working for the company over 7 years making an hourly $15+ plus tips; that's not average in the food industry, that's just amazing.

On the subject of "evil corporations" versus the little guy. Oh, I don't know... which little guy are we talking about? The small business owner who employess under a handful of people and can offer them no benefits, makes them buy their drinks, fires them when he can't afford their salary growth, that little guy? The only guy who benefits from a small business is the owner. Starbucks success gives over a 100,000 families health insurance for $180 a month. That's saintly. And the return they yield for their coffee sources is an industry lead.

Dunkins now, that's a sad "townie" favorite. Although, it doesn't surprise me that Boston, world reknowned for racism, would strongly support a franchise competitor to the fancy stuff. Dunkins' small business franchise owners get filthy rich off the $5 "coolatta" while their 40 portugese employees making minimum wage are kept from ever attaining more than 15 hours so they'll never be elligible for benefits, or are paid $10 under the table... same difference.

^^ 1369 is to real, good coffee, what Sassy has been referring to when he sees just about anybody on a bike feeling they need a messenger bag. It's coffee, or a fancy named espresso drink in a cup, it's even expensive... but break it down and it's supermarket coffee with hershey's syrup. Are you fucking kidding me? Chocolate milk syrup and they're calling it mocha? Do not patronize this tourist trap. Please do not.Jockin' Mike D. to my dismay!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRob Gigantic
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2008 edited

^Exactly, I was pretty pissed when I saw them squirting Hershey's syrup into my glass. But they're great for other things. I like the lights on the tables, and I like the staff. If you want a real mocha, go to Burdick's. Holy hell. I can only drink one per year, basically.Word nerd
    I'll do that, noting Burdick's.

I'm signing off for a bit, folks. Got me a doctor's appointment for my back. Don't let Richard sniff my underwear while I'm out. That boy loves anything espresso with a squirt of my swimmers in it. (Semen.)

Ha ha.Jockin' Mike D. to my dismay!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNo. 11
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2008

moscow:^what kind of training?

I'm helping to write their training manual, something I did for George Howell a few years ago when he opened his Lexington restaurant, and I'll be in house training staff for the first few weeks.

iPhone Punk:Coffees are regionally variable agriculture, and no two chains or stores should make a like flavor or quality cup if they sell their own brand. Try respect them for what they are and never swill it down. Taste it like wine. Enjoy the diversities with your little fingers extended. But for me, I daunt the green straw!

One problem is that larger chains like Starbucks have such high demand that they buy up entire regions and blend them into one profile, and so the Kenyan Farmer in Thiriku whose pouring heart and soul into his crop and deserves his coffee to be tasted like a wine gets the same price as someone growing lower quality because large companies pay by weight, and you the consumer will never get to taste that one farm's coffee, just the roast that Starbucks chose for it.
    clear conscience cafe in the harvest coop. i work weekends there and the coffee's good. be nice to me and i'll hook you up (as best as i can)/make you kick ass espresso because i take that shit seriously. also, im looking forward to having an awkward "hi, i know you from the internet" interaction with all of you.Keepin' it Posi
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008

^i was there the other day...looked really clean and new. had a nice dark roast. also, the staff was way too nice.(moscow)
    I walk through there about once a week to get my big container of soy-yogurt. its always crowded enough that I'm discouraged to get something on the way out.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    ^ You mean YOGHURT?

Does that shit make you farty? Tell the truth.Jockin' Mike D. to my dismay!
    no more farty than I normally am. ask around, I'm a gassy SOB.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    I really think a vegan diet makes for loose stools. But I don't want to hurt your feelings or start an inflamed debate.

My sensitivity training at the community center is really paying off. Once I would have insulted you until we fought, now I'll just warm your house with a fruit basket including double ply toilet paper and hug you warmly.Jockin' Mike D. to my dismay!
    actually my experience has been the complete opposite with a vegan diet, but thats just me.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    I wonder if you're telling the truth. You don't have to be embarrassed if you take loosey goosey shits. Part of life.Jockin' Mike D. to my dismay!
    Aaron Gigantic:I walk through there about once a week to get my big container of soy-yogurt. its always crowded enough that I'm discouraged to get something on the way out.

it is really crowded most of the time, those fucking yuppies eat that pretentious eco shit up... but if you come up to the side by where the milk and sugar is and talk to me, the crowd will distract "the man" and we can execute a drink heist. im generally the barista midday on the weekends. i wear big, clear glasses and am usually dancing.Keepin' it Posi
    •  
      CommentAuthorLexseif
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2008

NotAMasheen:clear conscience cafe in the harvest coop. i work weekends there and the coffee's good. be nice to me and i'll hook you up (as best as i can)/make you kick ass espresso because i take that shit seriously. also, im looking forward to having an awkward "hi, i know you from the internet" interaction with all of you.

I love that I met you through the awkward... I think you checked out my bike on comm ave rather than I think you are from the internet! And It's very true Masha makes great espresso!illiterate ramblings for cheap understanding