Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

i seriously love this album so muchYou're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    Get Em Up | Ice Cube with Paul OakenfoldAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    This is one of my fav rock dittys of all time.

Party Crasher | Bottles and SkullsAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Whoa. I've never seen a *live* video of this classic by Ebba Gron (late 1970's Swedish). So. Fucking. Good.

EBBA GRĂ–N | MED 800 GRADER!!!! All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2013 edited

You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2013

•  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2013 edited

^bwhahahahaha what the fuck is this I'm into itDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    oh shit i am laughing hardDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    It took awhile to get my wife to come over to the "I LOVE CVS BANGERS, VOL 2" side, but it finally worked.

MY NEIGHBORS LOVE IT TOO.

Or, one would hope anyway.

OBAMA!
    conor! for mod:

uh, so i came to this thread to repost mi ami and ask if you guys are familiar with chance the rapper who's from chicago.

but now i'ma listen to this abba song a few more times.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    Hadn't heard of him, no, but I can't say I've done a good job of keeping up on new music. Sounds pretty good from what I listened to, could see he'd be really good live.
    •  
      CommentAuthortone
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2013 edited

Cheez:CVS BANGERS VOLUME 2
    Thanks for that! On FB, one of my peeps asked:

"I want to start playing the squeaks [6 month old twins] some soulful, lyrical hip-hop. Other than De La Soul, Blackalicious, and Guru, any suggestions?
    (No NWA Dad)"

So glad I was able to direct her to CVS Bangers 2. I'm a firm believer that DQ deserve DA Awesome Answers.

Aww, sad white guy!We are the small axe.
    What about... Common, Aceyalone, Mike Ladd? Also, not strictly speaking "hiphop" but babies love Gil Scott-Heron (or, my kid does anyway).

And then people on FB have been sharing Cody ChestnuTT, see below:

•  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2013

Fitty.
    Say what you want about how terrible 50 Cent is as a rapper from a technical POV, there is something raw and evil about "Get Rich or Die Trying" that still holds up incredibly well today.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2013 edited

I believe I may have found the sweet spot in terms of "music that will make my neighbors insane"...

Got this on disc at the "Scratch" documentary related show in Boston a long while back:

DJ Ztrip and DJ P: Uneasy Listening, Vol. 1

ETA: I got the sense in the years that followed that Ztrip is probably a bit of an ass, but what can you do (he did put on a good show, the same could not be said of Qbert).
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2013

leonard cohen. and my wife cookin' in the kitchen.
    Revisiting so many old discs I haven't listened to in forever... right now it's Coolio's "It takes a thief" (I was listening to a cassette of that album while working the day some girl OD'd/died in the house I was living in... new roommate who had just moved in brought her home from Man Ray or something like that and she shot-up after he left for work... I think her name might've been Monica, there were 13 people living in that house at one point, so there were always a million people around, can't say for sure whether I ever met her, I remember Wil from Quicksilver (RIP) paging me and then relaying that some roommate of mine had died, and then I had to have an operator break into a call on my roommate's line so I could find out what the hell was going on - I always think about that day when I hear this album).
    •  
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2013 edited

I was watching Sarah Jones' "Your Revolution" on youtube and noticed a video with a lady who looked familiar. Then I remembered, it was the wicked rad lady @ a benefit show I went to in New Orleans for the Jena 6.

Anyway, this video is pretty rad.

ETA: but totally NSFW, strong language.

• CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2013

Leningrad
    The woman is annoying as fuck, but the song is excellent.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    ^radDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz

ben:The woman is attractive and talented as fuck, which makes the song excellent.
    • CommentAuthorben

She can sing, you just need to not watch her clown dancing in the video.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    haha
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2013

I wonder which Hot Topic they manage now?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Apparently they're still playing.

I never realized they were like 15 years old when this album came out. There are some pretty good riffs in there.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2013

I owned that CD. This was around the same time I listened to Slipknot.

HOLY SHIT THAT WAS HALF MY LIFE AGO. That's weird to think about.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    Haha. I still own the CD, just found it in my huge binder that I don't look through much, hence listening to it.

I also have the first two Slipknot albums, and though it's been awhile since I listened, I still think they are good. Particularly Iowa. I even still like the first Godsmack album. JUDGE ME.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    New Sabbath...Ozzy got wasted again and it rocks my fuckin sox!!

GO B's!!!
    ^Still have to listen to that, heard mixed reviews.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2013

• CommentAuthormanny
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2013

THIS IS ON REPEAT IN MY BRAINDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorspokenword
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2013 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2013

cassandra wilson
    michael hutchence:
    Take-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2013

•  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2013

fun dot.
    Holy shit how am I just now listening to this?
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    ^yep. good as hell.

woke up with this in my head.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    oh DAMN.

They're playing Paradise 8/13, who wants to take me for my birthday?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    paul jameson:^yep. good as hell.

woke up with this in my head.

my summer song
    Take-off everything but your rainboots
    Pandora is killing it for me today, in the last hour:
    Siouxie Sue -Kiss Them For Me
    Love and Rockets - Holiday on The Moon
    Concrete Blonde -The Bloodletting
    Sisters of Mercy -Lucretta My Reflection
    The Stranglers -Golden Brown
    Peter Murphy - Cuts you Up

it's like a mixtape from 1994Take-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2013

• CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2013

songs of shamegone
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2013

surprisefries:oh DAMN.

They're playing Paradise 8/13, who wants to take me for my birthday?
    I've got tickets. Get some and come.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    I think I will. Black Sabbath are playing on the 12th, which is my actual birthday, and they are my all-time favorite band, but I have almost no desire to see them again. Haven't even listened to the new album yet, which is dumb but I keep forgetting.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2013

You purchase your ticket and I will buy you a piece of merch at the show for your bday.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks