Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2013

How did I never hear this album until today? Holy shit.
    Next up: Kreator "Pleasure to Kill" and Exodus "Bonded by Blood".
    I'm on a thrash metal education binge. If you have suggestions, shoot.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    ^umm really? WTF Joey, it's like you're not even from floridaTake-off everything but your rainboots
    ^haha. truth.

If you feel like extending it to grindcore,
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2013 edited

I know, I know. By the time I started buying records on my own ('90 or '91), hair metal was king and it was mostly just cocks screaming out of tights, boring and misogynistic. Once I got a job (and, therefore, a steady supply of record money) in 1994, I spent it all on hip hop, 70s UK punk, and 60s rock. The death and thrash metal scene back home was huge, but the shows were terrifying and the music was too aggressive and brutally nihilistic for me at the time. I think the music also got way darker between '86 and the mid-90s, right? Anyway, show-wise, the closest I got to thrash or death back then was Metallica and Ministry. I didn't even really like Geto Boys until a few years ago. My tastes have gotten wider and more inclusive of noisy brutality over the past decade.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    joeyfresh:...My tastes have gotten wider and more inclusive of noisy brutality over the past decade.

hell yeah

ETA: We all get there in our own ways. I got into metal in 7th grade, via a Black Sabbath tribute album, then post-Ozzy Sabbath, then original Sabbath- then a lot of nu-metal, both good and bad. So long as we get there in the end.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    ^that NIB album had awesome artTake-off everything but your rainboots
    joeyfresh:I wonder which Hot Topic they manage now?

I am not quite sure how I missed this post, but I'm glad I've now seen it.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    joeyfresh:I know, I know. By the time I started buying records on my own ('90 or '91), hair metal was king and it was mostly just cocks screaming out of tights, boring and misogynistic. Once I got a job (and, therefore, a steady supply of record money) in 1994, I spent it all on hip hop, 70s UK punk, and 60s rock. The death and thrash metal scene back home was huge, but the shows were terrifying and the music was too aggressive and brutally nihilistic for me at the time. I think the music also got way darker between '86 and the mid-90s, right? Anyway, show-wise, the closest I got to thrash or death back then was Metallica and Ministry. I didn't even really like Geto Boys until a few years ago. My tastes have gotten wider and more inclusive of noisy brutality over the past decade.

I think I saw Godflesh and Black Sheep in the same week once. Or maybe it was Paris (Eric B???) and Sepultura. I can't remember. But, yeah.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    joeyfresh:
    ...until today? Holy shit

*smacks head*

Exodus "Bonded by Blood".

Exodus: Fabulous Disaster and Toxic Waltz.
    And I hope to God you know Stormtroopers of Death.

Inner Self (OLD Sepultura)

March of the SOD (Stormtroopers of Death)

Fabulous Disaster (Exodus)

Brainswashed (Nuclear Assault)
    All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    speak english or DIEEEEEEDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    hahaDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2013 edited

dat jack johnson miles davis joint.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2013

joeyfresh:
    surprisefries:oh DAMN.

They're playing Paradise 8/13, who wants to take me for my birthday?
    I've got tickets. Get some and come.

Ugh Ticketbastard wants me to pay a $6.50 fee for a $20 ticket. Seems shitty even for them. I'll have to find time to get over to the box office.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    brunop:dat jack johnson miles davis joint.

Bruno have you ever taken a deep hard soul searching look at why you listen to shit music?Take-off everything but your rainboots
    ^ HA!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    because he "hahahahahahaha"s his way through the best self-loathing tunage.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

it's miles fuckin' davis. NOT jack johnson the surfer you jackasses. it's miles' take on jack johnson the fuckin' boxer.

you douches.

what a buncha dumbasses you are.

wiki it if ya need to.

gawd.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

Stormy Arthur:
    brunop:dat jack johnson miles davis joint.

Bruno have you ever taken a deep hard soul searching look at why you listen to shit music?

ya know i love ya, stormy. but yer a turnipseed. ya truly are.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

you fuckers really think ol' 'nop listens to POP? really?
    hahahahahahaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa!!
    i'll give ya hahaha!

yer so hip.
    brunop:you fuckers really think ol' 'nop listens to POP? really?
    hahahahahahaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa!!
    i'll give ya hahaha!

yer so hip.

Banana babahahb blub Blub blub Nora jones ahhhh hub hub subTake-off everything but your rainboots
    HUG IT OUT YOU TWODFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2013 edited

^hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! stormy knows i love him!!
    jack johnson THE BOXER! the first black heavyweight champ!
    and miles davis. you guys heard of him, right?

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
    Yeah wasn't he in that Adam Sandler movie?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2013

YO SEDITION

Thanks for the links. I'm heading down the Sepultura hole right now. Roots is so fucking good, but it unfortunately reminds me of nu metal and I'm trying to get over that. I wish I'd heard it when it came out instead of after the taste holocaust of the late-1990s.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    ROOOOOTS! BLOODY ROOOOOOOTS!

THERE IS SOME GOOD NU METAL GODDAMNIT.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Dancehall mix "Gyal Power" ft all de ladiez! so good, cant stop listening to it.
    https://soundcloud.com/theheatwave/gyal-powerYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    Joe,
    Not thrashy but pretty dark
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n1NLPxmfUBITake-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2013

^so much yes.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2013

Stormy Arthur:Joe,
    Not thrashy but pretty dark
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n1NLPxmfUBI
    Good stuff. I like it. Thank you.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2013 edited

nick cave. go ahead and give me some shit fer what i enjoy. i don't care. i got a free cd and i kinda dig it. dude seems right up yall's alley. hipsterwise. come on. give me some shit again. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2013 edited

oh yeah. make sure ya know what yer talkin' about this time. and all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2013

nick cave sounds like a mash-up 'twixt that crash test dummies guy and leonard cohen. i hope that's cool! is it? hahahahahahaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but for real? is it okay that i like nick cave? or is he over? i can take it. tell me straight up. i know he's OLD. but still. you guys say. . .
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2013

nick cave ain't no problem in my book.
    fucking legend.
    • CommentAuthorspokenword

and fwiw, 'nop, I thought Nick Cave sort of lost the plot over this last decade between Nocturama and all of his Grinderman side projects, but the new album Push The Sky Away is fucking gold.

also, currently listening to: Daughter

a better cover of "Get Lucky" than the original

found them while trawling through the BBC's Glastonbury 2013 archive, and they're fantastic. The xx + Sigur Ros + a bit Kristin Hersh all wrapped up in a beautiful 4AD production package.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

spokenword:and fwiw, 'nop, I thought Nick Cave sort of lost the plot over this last decade between Nocturama and all of his Grinderman side projects, but the new album Push The Sky Away is fucking gold.

that's the record i'm talkin' about. i like it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

but you see that leonard cohen/crash test dummies thing, right?
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2013

I can see it ... though, I'm not particularly familiar with the Crash Test Dummies stuff. My usual metaphor is Australian leonard cohen/johnny cash -- lyrical, biblical, criminal, homicidal
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I started listening to Mayhem last night. De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas, holy fuck. Murders, suicides, church arsons avenging shit from the 700s, brutal creeptastic music... I'm honestly really impressed.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    People dying at their shows.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Nobody black metals like the Norwegians.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    brunop:you fuckers really think ol' 'nop listens to POP? really?
    '
    'Nop Pop is totally trending right now.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    brunop:Nick Cave nub blub sham lup pup Nick Drake hubble bubble plop nip Velvet Underground poster on my wall plu plup nup nup John Cale vs. Brian Eno flu flub flubber pop ipi pop Bryan Ferry shibble shabble no kibble nup nup Syd Barrett hooble hobble bobble goble nup nup hip pity hop pity nup nup art school fags
    Take-off everything but your rainboots
    nerdo:Nobody black metals like the Norwegians.

Boston needs more Viking Metal, like Sweden.

Twlight of the Thunder God | Amon AmarthAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    ^FUCK YES

Also that show was awesome last night, Slow Mover, Hulk Smash, and Rozamov were all real good, worthy of a check-out.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Stormy Arthur:
    brunop:Nick Cave nub blub sham lup pup Nick Drake hubble bubble plop nip Velvet Underground poster on my wall plu plup nup nup John Cale vs. Brian Eno flu flub flubber pop ipi pop Bryan Ferry shibble shabble no kibble nup nup Syd Barrett hooble hobble bobble goble nup nup hip pity hop pity nup nup art school fags

post of the year nominee