Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

so it's become clear that food and drink is an important subject on this board. that's why i've decided to make a thread to share recipes--like the sauce thread, but more diverse. these recipes aren't limited to vegan/vegetarian, we don't want anyone excluded. at the same time, let's try to be respectful to each other.

this thread may fail miserably, but we'll see what happens.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2008 edited

here's some of the foods and stuff i have made since getting a digital camera...i am pretty good about giving ingredients lists in the comments on the pics.

[edit] looking at it, it's really only a tiny fraction of the stuff i have made...dang.(moscow)
    Mango Chutney Chicken

Ingredients:
    4 chicken breasts, 1 Jar of Mango Chutney from Trader Joes, Soy Sauce, Vegetable Broth, Garlic Powder, Ginger, Pepper, Flour

These are the directions for a slow cooker, but you can make this pretty well in the oven too.

Cut chicken into cubes. Coat lightly in flour. In slow cooker, add mango chutney, garlic powder, a dash of ginger, pepper. Add chicken. Pour in some soy sauce and vegetable broth so that the chicken is going to stay moist when cooked. Cook for 2-4 hours.

This is pretty good with jasmine rice, as well as broccoli or sautéed bell peppers.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow since I'm cooking it then.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorOhHeather
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2008

i'm too lazy to post things now, but later i'll be all over it
    •  
      CommentAuthorPanameM
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2008 edited

if you like waffles/pancakes, MAKE CREPES!
    theyre real easy to make.
    1~2 cups flour, 4~6 eggs, some sugar (personal pref), vanilla, butter 250~400g. oh and 250cl of milk (1 1/2 cups i think??)
    you can even turn them into pancakes or waffles if youre not happy, or add salt in the batter and theyre lunch crepes.
    then add butter and nutella or jam or chocolate or sugar or bananas or liquor.
    splash grand marnier on it when its in the pan, light it.. FLAMBéE !! yumyum and you can drink whatever you didnt use for the flambée
    !
    make it now and its ready for breakfast!snow
    ^crepes rock.....clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkaryatid
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2008

candied pears:

take 1/2 bottle of cheap white wine; put in a sauce-pot with about 1/2 cup of raw sugar, ginger, and apple cider (or orange zest).
    (the raw sugar is key, refined sugar gets waaaaaaay to saccharine-sweet).
    add peeled, halved, cored pears. the wine should cover the pears just barely. (scale the amount of wine + additives for more pears. feel free to be non-precise).
    simmer the pears in the wine until they are fork-tender. it'll take about 45 minutes for un-ripe anjou pears, and less the more ripe they are. don't do this with dripping ripe pears.
    then remove the pears (cool them).
    add another cup of raw sugar to the wine and reduce (simmer/boil off the liquid while stirring constantly to get a nice sauce).
    spoon warm reduction over pears and serve.

you can add berries to the wine also, or use a red wine with a different set of additives (like molasses and cinnamon).
    I made these the other day and they came out pretty good:

http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=6543.0

I know there's a lot of talk about vegan cupcakes around here. I'd love to try some other recipies that might be better.

Does Kick Ass Cupcakes sell vegan cupcakes?
    i made vegan pancakes today. i normally eyeball it, but i measured out things for you kids. they came out denser than usual. definitely missing something. i'll figure it out later and post it. i made some peanut butter syrup to go with them, and dear god it was delicious. recipe:

1/2 c maple syrup
    1/4 c peanut butter

combine in a sauce pan over low heat and stir until combined.

i'd never had/heard of it before, but it is so fucking good.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthor.

^^ supposedly they have a few flavours that are vegan
    ^^ the peanut butter/syrup combo is great on vanilla ice cream, but I've always combined them coldPh'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

OhHeather:i'm too lazy to post things now, but later i'll be all over it

aren't you vegan? we want vegan recipes (and by we i mean me, and i am not vegan [though i should be], i just cook that way)
    • CommentAuthorkanst
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2008

moscow:here's some of the foods and stuff i have made since getting a digital camera...i am pretty good about giving ingredients lists in the comments on the pics.

[edit] looking at it, it's really only a tiny fraction of the stuff i have made...dang.

I am so jealous that you have a way to make your own sausage
    •  
      CommentAuthorkaryatid
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2008

for tons of awesome recipes, you can also check Epicurious.

Their recipe for roasted pumpkin stuffed with vegetables and mushrooms comes out delicious (and it's vegan).
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2008

chow is pretty awesome as well(moscow)
    •  
      CommentAuthorOhHeather

yeah, I'm vegan. I'm just so out of the whole cooking thing from living in a kitchen-less dorm all year. But here's my favorite cookie recipe (from The Garden of Vegan):

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!
    3/4 cup flour
    1/2 cup sugar
    2 cups rolled oat flakes
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 banana
    1/3 cup olive oil
    1/2 cup maple syrup
    1 tbsp vanilla extract
    a shit ton of chocolate chips (or 1- 1.5 cups if you follow the recipe)

preheat oven to 350. Stir together the dry ingredients. Blend the banana, oil, syrup, and vanilla in a blender or food processor. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir. Add chocolate chips and mix 'em up. Spoon big ol' tablespoons of dough onto a cookie sheet, and bake for 12-15 minutes. The book says it makes 10-14 cookies, but I must make them way too small because I usually get around 25-30.

Megan the Vegan always has great recipes, and links to like 50 other vegan blogs on the right side of the page.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch

oatmeal cookies are the bestEverybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    i would like to put in a request for lauren's vegan carrot cake with vegan cream cheese frosting.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    One of my favorite recipes is Shakshouka:
    Some chopped up tomatoes, bell peppers, onions
    A bit of olive oil
    One can tomato paste
    Eggs

Basically you mix up and simmer everything but the eggs so that it forms a yummy tomato stew. Season to taste. Then when the stew is good and stewy, make little holes in it, crack the eggs into the holes and cover. Let the eggs cook in the stew. I like them runny but you can do whatever.

If you want to be authentic serve with pita bread. You can make it a little more Italian by putting some garlic in the stew and serving with rolls and ricotta cheese. Sometimes I'll put some sour cream on the side. Lots of options.
    i made colcannon last night:

2 lbs potatoes (i used red potatoes, kept the skins on)
    1 lb curly kale
    1 large onion (i used a white onion)
    4 cloves garlic
    3 tbsp butter
    milk or cream to consistency
    1/2 tsp of nutmeg
    salt and pepper to taste

boil lightly salted water in a large pot. dice garlic cloves and onions, and put in a pan with the butter. roughly chop kale, removing the stems. saute with garlic and onions. it'll seem like a lot at first, but it's not. keep an eye on it, and turn it so nothing gets burned. set aside when sufficiently cooked, keep warm. quarter the potatoes and add them to the boiling water. when soft enough, kill the heat and drain the potatoes. return them to the pot and mash 'em like they're 'frisco hills. add milk or cream, make sure the potatoes aren't lumpy. add kale, onions, and garlic to potatoes, mix well. add nutmeg, salt, and pepper. enjoy.

this could easily be made vegan:

replace butter with maybe 1-2 tbsp olive oil. replace milk with soymilk; i hear vegetable broth could work, as well.

this recipe makes a lot, but it's delicious. in ireland they make it on halloween and hide little prizes in it. i also read that you can make it into patties and fry 'em up the next day, but i haven't tried it yet.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2008

(moscow)
    • CommentAuthorgone
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2008

I'm going to be hosting a cooking show on CCTV in Cambridge this summer.

Thunderhole is going to be my in-house band.

You'll learn things, oh yes.
    vegan pancakes:

2 c flour
    3 tbsp sugar
    2 tbsp baking powder
    pinch of salt
    water
    vegetable oil

mix dry ingredients well to spread baking powder throughout. add water to desired consistency. let sit 10 minutes. use minimal vegetable oil in pan, cook on low until pancakes start to bubble and cook through. flip.

the important part is mixing the dry ingredients before adding water and letting the batter sit for 10 minutes.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKitty
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2008

i fucking swear that all i ever hear about is vegan pancakes and vegan cookies.
    Who the fuck lives off this shit. Where the fuck is the fruit salad?
    \\bake em' away, toys
    ^...and vegan vegetables!
    http://www.petv.org/
    Kitty:i fucking swear that all i ever hear about is vegan pancakes and vegan cookies.
    Who the fuck lives off this shit.

the same people that lived off of pancakes and cookies before they went veganPh'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKitty
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2008

Aaron Gigantic:
    Kitty:i fucking swear that all i ever hear about is vegan pancakes and vegan cookies.
    Who the fuck lives off this shit.

the same people that lived off of pancakes and cookies before they went vegan

sorry, i was unclear, i was drinking this morning.

I hear alot of people talking about how they go vegetarian or vegan, and how they now cook for themselves alot more often. But a really common thing that i hear about from many of those same people is primarily about cooking sweets. I'm sure the diet consists of more. But really, pancakes and cookies aren't great food, and they aren't good for you,either.bake em' away, toys
    It's because any non-vegan can walk into any store and have their sweets craving taken care of. But nearly all baked goods are non-vegan. Also, vegan baking is an art that's far from perfected, so people tend to trade and talk about those recipes the most. Steamed broccoli is pretty much steamed broccoli. Not too difficult. Candied ginger and macadamia nut carrot cake, on the other had, a little trickier.Word nerd
    Rob, you need to bake the above-mentioned cake and give it me.
    I'm a fat kid and I love cake.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    I found it on the internet. It's pretty amazing!Word nerd
    my vegan pancake recipe came out of a lack of dairy products in my refrigerator...You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    My favorite Baked Tofu Recipe:
    1 pound firm tofu, rinsed, patted dry, and cut into 1/2 inch slices
    3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
    1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
    2 tablespoons tamari
    1/2 teaspoon minced rosemary
    Pepper
    1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil

1. Mix all that shit together
    2. Pour over cut up pieces of tofu
    3. Bake for 30-40 minutes on 350 degrees
    4. Enjoy
    •  
      CommentAuthorkaryatid
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2008

non-vegan meat:

Korean Beef/Thai Stir-fry Combo (tko)

1. Take thinly-sliced sirloin (or tofu and dried mushrooms, if it does it for you) and make a spicy Korean beef marinade: sesame oil, soy sauce, chili peppers (jalapeno or habanero + some seeds), sugar

2. Lightly fry generous amounts of minced garlic and ginger in sesame oil: add beef/tofu/mushrooms.

3. While the protein is browning, make up your sauce: sesame oil, peanut butter, tamarind paste, soy sauce, lime juice, siracha or red pepper to taste

4. Add chopped onions to the browned protein; saute; add your sauce.

5. Add green onions or sundry other vegetables.

6. Serve over a bed of rice noodles or vermicelli with spinach, cilantro, mint, lime and peanuts (or any combination thereof; including other raw vegetables). Goes well with beer.
    Veganism is unhealthy.

Non-Vegan Gin Fizz:
    2 Parts Gin
    1 Part lemon juice
    Some sugar
    One egg white per drink
    A little seltzer (optional)

Shake until your arms feel like they're going to fall off. The more you shake the better the awesome foam on top. Remember that there was a time in America where people were hired at bars just to shake these drinks. They would come to work and just shake gin fizz after gin fizz.
    Anyone have a recipe for vegan frosting?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorraff I el
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2008

onedimensional:Veganism is unhealthy.

Non-Vegan Gin Fizz:
    2 Parts Gin
    1 Part lemon juice
    Some sugar
    One egg white per drink
    A little seltzer (optional)

Shake until your arms feel like they're going to fall off. The more you shake the better the awesome foam on top. Remember that there was a time in America where people were hired at bars just to shake these drinks. They would come to work and just shake gin fizz after gin fizz.

if that is true, its the second-coolest thing I can think of. the first coolest is if they rode to work on sweet brakeless fixies and shook the drinks by riding up and down the bottom of comm ave.Geryon was a monster everything about him was red.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRob Gigantic
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2008 edited

^^Sure, you make a simple frosting using confectioner's sugar, some vanilla, and butter. So, just swap the butter for Earth Balance. Easy!Word nerd
    i never really measure this out, but hopefully it'll be easy for y'all to make.

peanut butter rice:

brown rice
    peanut butter
    soy sauce
    soy milk
    carrots
    onion
    peas
    red pepper flakes
    various other seasonings (whatever you think'll be good)

cook brown rice. finely chop carrots and onions and add to rice with peas. mix in peanut butter, soy sauce, and soy milk to make a sort of sauce. stir over low heat. add everything else. it's fast and cheap and good.

i wanna try to make a legitimate recipe that takes actual cooking. we'll see.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    currently making:

roasted butternut squash soup

Ingredients

* 1 (1 1/2 pound) butternut squash, peeled seeded and rough chopped
    * 3 tablespoons olive oil
    * 3/4 teaspoon salt
    * 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    * 1/4 cup Italian sausage, removed from the casing
    * 1 cup small dice onion
    * 1/2 cup small dice carrot
    * 1/2 cup small dice celery
    * 1/2 cup small dice leeks
    * 2 tablespoons minced shallots
    * 1 tablespoon minced garlic
    * 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
    * 11/2 quarts chicken stock
    * 2 teaspoons maple syrup
    * 1 teaspoon fresh chopped sage leaves

Directions

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.

Place the chopped squash in a medium-size mixing bowl. Drizzle the squash with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and place the squash on top of the sheet pan. Set the sheet pan into the oven and roast for 30 minutes, or until the squash is lightly caramelized and tender.

Remove the squash from the oven and set aside. Place a 1-gallon saucepan over medium high heat and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and render the Italian sausage. Cook, stirring often until the meat is caramelized and has released most of its fat, about 3 minutes. Add the onions, carrots, celery and leeks in the pan and sweat, stirring often for 5 to 7 minutes. Add the shallots and garlic to the pan and sweat for 1 minute stirring continuously. Deglaze the pan with the vinegar and add the chicken stock to the pan. Place the squash in the pan with the maple syrup and sage.

Bring the pan to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Continue to cook the soup for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are all tender. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup to a smooth consistency and velvety texture. Alternately, you can puree the soup in batches using a blender. Taste the soup and re-season if necessary with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.

(i've made it vegan/vegetarian friendly.)

i'm also roasting the seeds with some olive oil, salt, pepper, and hot sauce.

to make:

apple sauce.
    salsa and tortilla chips.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    The Carrot Cake

ratattack:haha. i suppose i could.

* 3/4 cup sugar
    * 1/2 cup brown sugar
    * 2 cups flour
    * 1 teaspoon salt
    * 1 teaspoon cinnamon
    * 1 teaspoon baking powder
    * 1 teaspoon baking soda
    * 3 cups finely-shredded carrots
    * 3/4 cup vegetable oil
    * 3/4 cup applesauce
    * 2 teaspoons vanilla
    * 4 egg substitute (Ener-G)
    * 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Cream Cheese Frosting

* 3 ounces Better Than Cream Cheese cream cheese substitute
    * 1/4 cup margarine
    * 1 teaspoon vanilla
    * 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Directions
    *Grease and flour a 10" X 9" or square cake pan.
    *Stir together dry ingredients.
    *Mix in the carrots, egg subs, oil, apple sauce, and vanilla.
    *Beat about 2-3 minutes , until well mixed.
    *Stir in the nuts, if used.
    *Bake at 325 F for about 40-50 minutes , or until a toothpick comes out clean.
    *Cool on a wire rack.
    *Once the BTCC is at room temperature, mix all icing ingredients together. Frost cake.
    All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorcindierock
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2008 edited

conor!:currently making:

roasted butternut squash soup

Ingredients

* 1 (1 1/2 pound) butternut squash, peeled seeded and rough chopped
    * 3 tablespoons olive oil
    * 3/4 teaspoon salt
    * 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    * 1/4 cup Italian sausage, removed from the casing
    * 1 cup small dice onion
    * 1/2 cup small dice carrot
    * 1/2 cup small dice celery
    * 1/2 cup small dice leeks
    * 2 tablespoons minced shallots
    * 1 tablespoon minced garlic
    * 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
    * 11/2 quarts chicken stock
    * 2 teaspoons maple syrup
    * 1 teaspoon fresh chopped sage leaves

Directions

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.

Place the chopped squash in a medium-size mixing bowl. Drizzle the squash with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and place the squash on top of the sheet pan. Set the sheet pan into the oven and roast for 30 minutes, or until the squash is lightly caramelized and tender.

Remove the squash from the oven and set aside. Place a 1-gallon saucepan over medium high heat and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and render the Italian sausage. Cook, stirring often until the meat is caramelized and has released most of its fat, about 3 minutes. Add the onions, carrots, celery and leeks in the pan and sweat, stirring often for 5 to 7 minutes. Add the shallots and garlic to the pan and sweat for 1 minute stirring continuously. Deglaze the pan with the vinegar and add the chicken stock to the pan. Place the squash in the pan with the maple syrup and sage.

Bring the pan to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Continue to cook the soup for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are all tender. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup to a smooth consistency and velvety texture. Alternately, you can puree the soup in batches using a blender. Taste the soup and re-season if necessary with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.

(i've made it vegan/vegetarian friendly.)

i'm also roasting the seeds with some olive oil, salt, pepper, and hot sauce.

to make:

apple sauce.
    salsa and tortilla chips.

I'll post my receipe for "vegan" butternut squash & apple soup when I get home....

*"vegan" as in it is only veggies..... in quotes because i am not vegan
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2008

From the peta cookbook:

1 cup soymilk
    1 frozen banana peeled and chopped into chunks
    1/2 cup frozen fruit

put in blender

drink

This is superior to ice cream in my book.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthorpuppy

Veganism is healthy. I would love to have an intelligent conversation with anyone that thinks otherwise.

I made this the other night.

2 cups of cooked quinoa
    two heaping scoops of cashew butter
    tamari to taste
    1 tablespoon of honey (can also substitute agave but i would be careful cause that stuff is SWEET)

I use quinoa because it is a complete protein (it has a balanced set of essential amino acids)
    I make steamed kale and fried carrots to go on top. The kale looses its bitter taste after a couple minutes of being cooked but it retains most of its nutrients. The carrots work great when i burn them a bit in a cast iron pan. I cook em for about 20 minutes on low to med heat then turn it up at the end and watch em so they don't burn too much. Add a little salt and you're good to go.
    • CommentAuthorMcDonald

puppy:Veganism is healthy. I would love to have an intelligent conversation with anyone that thinks otherwise.

Ditto

McDonald:
    puppy:Veganism is healthy. I would love to have an intelligent conversation with anyone that thinks otherwise.

Ditto

It is healthy if done correctly.

SQUASH AND APPLE SOUP
    (VEGAN)

by Dr. Weil

1 squash (Butternut, Buttercup, or Kabocha) peeled, seeded and cubed
    2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
    3 cloves of garlic
    2 tart, firm apples, peeled, coored, and quartered (I kept the skins on though...)
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    salt and red chili powder
    4-5 cups vegetable stock

preheat oven to 400 degrees
    put the squash, onion, garlic, and apples in a baking dish. toss with oil to coat. season with salt and chili powder.
    roast in the oven, stirring every 10 minutes, for about 40 minutes, or until tender

put half of the vegetables and 2 cups of stock in a food processor and puree.
    repeat with the rest.
    if the soup is too thick, add more broth.
    correct seasoning.
    heat to a simmer in a pot.
    serve with cilantro walnut pesto dolloped in the center.

CILANTRO WALNUT PESTO
    by Dr. Weil

1 cup walnut pieces
    2 cups cilantro
    1 jalapheno pepper, seeded and chopped
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 tablespoon cider vinegar
    1/4 cup water

put walnuts in food processor and grind until fine. add cilantro, jalapheno, salt, vinegar, and 2-3 tablespoons of water and blend. blend in more water if needed to make a thick sauce. test and correct seasoning.

I made this and one 2.12 lb butternut squash made A GALLON of soup.

YUM....

it is also stress relieving hacking at a squash with ak nife to cube and peel it
    • CommentAuthoralpine
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2008

I've been making vegan sloppy joes with tempeh. Tasty apple cabbage slaw too.

• CommentAuthorrigby
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2008

to keep with the vegan theme:

the BEST BANANA BREAD ever, thanks to the Post Punk Kitchen, http://www.theppk.com/recipes/dbrecipes/index.php?RecipeID=121

1/2 cup brown sugar
    1/2 cups white sugar
    1/2 cup margarine, at room temp (or, for extra yums, go half margarine, half apple sauce)
    3 very ripe bananas, mashed well
    2 cups flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 cup vanilla soy milk, mixed with 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon allspice
    1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 8x4 bread pan with non stick cooking spray, or lightly coat with margarine.

Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and spices.

Cream together the margarine and sugars. Add bananas, soy milk and vanilla.

Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Mix well. Pour batter into pan. Bake for an hour to an hour 10 minutes.

I also like to add blue agave nectar or honey , and dark chocolate chips or whatever else happens to be in my pantry.
    the jewish mother in me feels the need to make this weekly to feed my starving friends. enjoy!