Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

::bump::

got any good recipes that include potato chips? Pref. Vegetarian.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    Yes. Potato chips with Soft Batch cookies. Add vodka shot. MMMMM.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Do you have a more detailed recipe? I can't get these cookies to dissolve in vodka.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthortinyhonkshus
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2012 edited

I think I have a tortilla espanola recipe at home that uses potato chips, remind me if i don't get back to you

let's do this:
    (calls for ham, but obvi could be left out/replaced with something awesome)

4 oz. (~2.25 cups) crushed thick-cut potato chips, like Cape Cod brand
    2 oz thinly sliced serrano ham or prosciutto
    1/4 cup finely chopped canned pequillo peppers or pimentos
    1 tbsp thyme leaves (I assume fresh because that'd be a lot of dried thyme)
    8 eggs. lightly beaten
    2 tbsp olive oil
    salt y pepper to taste

Heat broiler to high. Combine potato chips, ham, peppers, thyme, eggs and S&P in a bowl and let sit to allow chips to soften in eggs, about 5 mins. Heat oil in a 10" nonstick skillet over medium high heat; add egg mixture and cook, without stirring, until bottom begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to broiler and broil until set and golden on top, about 3 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve. Serves 6-8.

disclaimer: have not tried, came in Saveur magazinei mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    oh man, so happy about this thread.
    I have an awesome recipe that gussies up instant Ramen. It can very easily be made vegan as well.

Chili Beef Ramen:

For Broth:
    1 Litre chicken stock (veggie stock for vegan)
    6T fish sauce (sub 1T soy sauce for vegan)
    2T white miso paste (about half a packet of instant miso powder works too)
    1T white sugar
    3T sweet chili sauce
    2T rice vinegar

The Rest:
    1 pack of instant ramen
    1/2 red onion, diced
    diced spring onion
    1/2 arbol chili (or a whole one if you're brave)
    large handful of bean sprouts
    1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
    diced cilantro
    1 lime, halved.
    1 strip top sirloin (sub portebello caps or omit for vegan)
    soy sauce to taste
    canola oil
    sesame seeds

1. Add all the broth ingredients togethers, stir and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
    2. While you're waiting for the broth to boil, cut the onion, spring onion, and chili, and place them into you're serving bowl. Add the bean spouts and water chestnuts to the bowl.
    3. Heat a small skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot, coat the sirloin (or whatever) in oil and a little soy sauce. Toss in the pan and cook until desired doneness.
    4. While the meat (or whatever) is resting, toss the noodles into the broth and simmer until tender. Slice your meat (or whatever.)
    5. Place your cut meat (or whatever) over your veggies in your bowl. Pour your broth and noodles over the veggies and stir really well. Garnish with cilantro, a few pinches of sesame seeds, and half a lime.

Enjoy!!'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    also- www.gojee.com is basically the best recipe site to ever exist.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    Prep time: 10 minutes.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2012

you must place each component in individually. thats where the tome sink is.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    paul, you have a wonderful sense of humor.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    paul jameson:Prep time: 10 minutes.

Candy Corn on the Cob.

Ingredients:
    1 bag candy corn
    1 stick raw ready to bake Toll House cookie dough
    1 shot scotch
    1 PBR

Prep:
    Take the shot.
    Unwrap cookie dough.
    Drink 1/2 PBR.
    Open bag of candy corn.
    Press corn into cookie dough so that it looks like real corn.
    Add Nutella, as if butter, to taste.
    Eat.
    Finish PBR.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    tinyhonkshus:paul, you have a wonderful sense of humor.

awww, fanx!You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    <strong><a href="http://www.tiffanyright.com/tiffany-necklaces-c-3.html">tiffany necklace online</a></strong><br> <strong><a href="http://www.tiffanyright.com/tiffany-pendants-c-19.html">tiffany pendants</a></strong><br> <strong><a href="http://www.tiffanyright.com/tiffany-pendants-c-19.html">cheap tiffany pendants</a></strong><br> <strong><a href="http://www.tiffanyright.com/tiffany-bangles-c-21.html">tiffany bangles</a></strong><br> <strong><a href="http://www.tiffanyright.com/tiffany-bangles-c-21.html">gold bangles</a></strong><br> .It's a terrific base to get started on from.<br /> <br /> Listed below are some more on-line discounters:<br /> <br /> Less expensive Tickets, Travelocity, Preferred Fares, Best value Fare<br /> <br /> Over the internet Consolidators/Auction<br /> <br /> http://www.Hotwire.com not to mention http://www.Priceline.com are generally great places to find reduced flight ticket prices, provided you happen to be flexible while using times and even days you must fly in order to Vegas.Do not get the complete details until you have paid back.And tend not to commit and soon you have found the lowest rates.<br /> <br /> Some flight companies advertise world-wide-web specials so look at airlines who fly to Las vegas what your address is just in the event that[b][url=http://www.tiffanyright.com/tiffany-necklaces-c-3.html]tiffany necklace online[/url]
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2012

I'm looking for a recipe that can serve a small portion to like 20 people that is cheap, nutritious, and vegan. Any recipe suggestions? I'm thinking rice and beans, but served how?"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Make a big pot of soup (which can have rice & beans or, better yet, barley & beans). Winter soups are rad, and you can make them as vegan as you want, especially if you make your own stock.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

soup is what's up^
    or quinoa salad - my favorite is quinoa, fresh green beans, craisins, chick peas. put OJ, salt, pepper, and olive oil on it for yummyness and you're good. vegan and nut/soy/gluten free

you can put whatever you want in there - veggies, beans, grains. it'll be cheap. you don't have to make your own stock (you can, it's a lot of work though so don't feel like you have to). shaw's sells a bunch of kinds of vegetarian bouillon that i use all the time and is tasty.

when i made food for occupy i made a huge thing of chili and it cost me like $15 - also nut/soy/gluten free and who doesn't like chili
    1 big can of black beans
    1 big can of chick peas
    1 big can of red beans
    1 big bag fresh spinach (wash that shit or you'll have sandy chilli!)
    1 big can chopped tomatoes
    1 thing tomato paste
    1 thing baby (or adult) carrots
    1 or 2 fresh bell peppers
    couplea bouillion cubes
    couplea onions or onion powder, whatever you have
    handful of garlic cloves or garlic powder, whatever you have
    chili powder - i kept it on the mild side

pretty much throw everything in a big ass pot and let it cook until it the carrots are done

and then you can make rice on the side or something if you want

or buy a bunch of random veggies, chop 'em up, throw them in a pot with a couplea cans of beans. and buy a few loaves of italian bread and you're good

IM HUNGRY and i want yummy sooouuuuup!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    I know I am the haterest, but people cannot be trusted to take small portions of soup, if this is a self-serve thing.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

yea that's a good call

tinyhonkshus:I am the haterest

love it! :D it was so good to see you last week!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

THANKS DORA!!"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    It was awesome to see you too, Dora! I'm sorry I probably yelled at you because alcohol.

Also, Ben: vegan latkes with applesauce. don't know how to make em mahself.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthortristan

^^you could make a huge dose of french onion soup, with veggie stock. It comes out real nice, but it takes a long-ass time. I can give you the recipe if you're up to an 8ish hour cook day.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    Malweather's Foul Bachelorette Chow v 3.0

Ingredients
    3 cloves of garlic
    glug (yes, this is a scientific measurement) of olive oil
    2 cups Various vegetables left over in crisper (carrot, celery that hasn't completely gone limp, broccoli, etc. or use frozen veg if nothing's left in the crisper)
    1 cup uncooked brown rice
    a good chunk (this is also a highly scientific measurement, don't believe me, contact the ISO) of protein (extra firm tofu, tempeh, seitan... chicken if you're into that sort of thing)

The most important thing: 2 tbsp gochujang paste (available at most Asian food stores and has successfully tricked me into thinking I know how to cook, version 2.0 I used a combination of miso paste and sriracha)

Procedure:
    - Cook rice (seriously, you should know how to do this by now, but if you don't...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfmMVrouQGY Personally, I prefer using the measure by the first finger knuckle method.)
    - While that's simmering, chop up whatever vegetables/garlic/protein need to be cut up, then stir fry everything else except the paste in a pan
    - Once rice is done cooking, add to pan
    - Add gochujang paste
    - Do not stick your face directly into the pan as it will be quite hot. I know you're tempted, but fuck, at least put that on a plate and eat with utensils like a human.
    - This makes maybe two servings at most, but actually more like one if you're really hungry.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2012

6kidz:THANKS DORA!!

totes!
    tinyhonkshus:It was awesome to see you too, Dora! I'm sorry I probably yelled at you because alcohol.

i loved it!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    Anyone make their own protein bars? I eat them shits for breakfast like errday which would probably be better for me if I made them from scratch.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    ^this is relevant to my interestsDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2013

paul jameson:Anyone make their own protein bars? I eat them shits for breakfast like errday which would probably be better for me if I made them from scratch.

I made some long ago, recipe was basically just peanut butter, oats, whey protein, and honey. Got the recipe from the somethingawful forums, so that should give some perspective to how long ago. They were inedible and cleaning the pan was a nightmare.

As a man living on a budget, I appreciate your attempts to internally source something you eat all the time. Let us know if you try something and it works?"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I'm a big fan of Larabars, so I'll be experimenting with making my own using these directions:

http://www.damyhealth.com/2011/03/how-to-make-homemade-lara-bars/

It is incredibly simple. No baking required.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

Haven't made these but heard good things.

Also, speaking of "scratch", check out the Scratch Labs rice cake recipes. I love the apple cinnamon rice cakes but there are some egg and bacon (or tempeh) ones that are very popular.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

Oh, and the Embro recipe Stephen wrote says to wrap them in foil but I prefer the Scratch Labs method of getting foil parchment paper, where the outside is foil so it folds up and stays folded nicely but the inside is very non-sticky parchment paper so it's easy to extract the food from it's packaging mid-ride.
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

Yes to both the egg and bacon rice cakes and the parchment/foil!That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

that's funny, on my ride this morning i was thinking about how i could make barz with roasted kale, cuz it's the best fuel, i think
    i was thinking like, roasted kale, dried apples, dates, salt, raw walnuts and quinoa crisps. and like some orange zest or something.

i was also thinking that i'll make them in my spare time, which will be never :/Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Someone on here has got to have the time and be interested in making a few bucks. What about you, a_lion?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

I plan to make the pear/ginger/date laxative bars this weekend."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    I put together an ingredients list for energy barz a few months ago, but never made them.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

Hah I did actually sell a ton of granola bars to a coworker at my last job... could do rice cakes n such. I... would have to think on it to figure out kale bars though (don't eat the stuff, myself). Also, people'd have to organize getting them at once, or something, as I'm probs not driving an hour each way for each batch of rice cakes. But yeah I usually have the time...That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

God I phone-type slowThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    IF YOU MAKE SAVORY ONES I'LL BUY SO GOD DAMN MANY

tired of this sweet bullshit.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

paul jameson:tired of this sweet bullshit.

DOES NOT COMPUTER

(But i mean, ok sure w/e could do)That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2013

How would y'all toast almonds for an asparagus dish without a regular toaster? On a cooking sheet 5 mins at 350? Or just in dat frying pan with a lil oil to get those flavors going?"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    • CommentAuthorspokenword

frying pan. low heat. no oil. pull at the first sign of smoke or at first smell of nutty toastiness
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

That reminds me of a joke I like.

How do you prevent your partner from smoking after sex?

Use more lube.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorspokenword

jeez, joe, here I was bracing for you making some comment about my hot nuts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2013 edited

I prefer these.

Sorry :(We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    cracker ass cracker nutsDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2014

Does anyone have a favorite yellow cake and frosting recipe? Makin a bday cake."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2014