Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Not asking what bag, but rather what container you use to carry food and drink when you ride? I have a Nalgene for h2o and sports drinks in the summer, and a Thermos for hot drinks in the winter.

Right now I am looking at getting one of these - Zojirushi Mr. Bento Stainless-Steel Lined Lunch Jar to carry my lunches in. The reviews look awesome and I have seen some asian students in my program using them.

Thoughts?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    I'm being an ass today. Sorry had to delete this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2007

tupperware.
    I have a Badtz-Maru lunchbox, but I needed to stick stuff in tupperware inside it, anyway, so niow I just use the tupperware.dongpincher 1000
    • CommentAuthorgc

water bottles in 2 bottle cages on frame- pretzals, apple, and bananna in bag
    cold pizza in tupperwaregone
    • CommentAuthorgone

Water goes in a standard sports-type bottle.

As for meals, 1 (one) Peanut Butter 'n' Banana Sandwich. Saran wrap.

Although I haven't had to do that much recently, what with the Qdoba coupons and all.
    But For How Much Longer?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2007 edited

I usually have 2 or 3 granola/trail mix type bars on me. The Odwalla ones are yummy. I carry them in one of the outside-ish pockets on my Bailey bag. This winter I'll be getting some sort of container, too. That Zojirushi thing looks awesome, but I wonder how much space it takes up.

Edit:
    10"x6"x6", 3 pounds. I think I need something a little bit smaller. I'll probably settle for one of those wonder bread sandwich shaped containers.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    alright, hoping you savvy folk can help me with something...

I'm trying to find a container/solution to buy/make that would be ideal for transporting cupcakes in a bike basket.
    I've heard that such a think exists but I can't find one anywhere.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    • CommentAuthorboundgear
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2007

For cupcake.
    i thought you were letting us know that you eat kittensthere ain't no magic in the breakdown baby
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl

Aaron Gigantic:
    I'm trying to find a container/solution to buy/make that would be ideal for transporting cupcakes in a bike basket.
    I've heard that such a think exists but I can't find one anywhere.

Why not put the cupcakes in a cupcake pan, and then put that in a box/tupperware?
    The pan should keep them from sliding around or loosing all their icing.Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    they make a cupcake travel box, i think crate and barrel?there ain't no magic in the breakdown baby

http://www.kitchenkapers.com/oneida-bake-and-take-cupcake-holder.htmlthere ain't no magic in the breakdown baby
    am i the only one with google?
    it is the new search engine i just found out about. i think it might get pretty big somedaythere ain't no magic in the breakdown baby
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

my girlfriend uses the bento box EVERYDAY. she loves it. it's kinda a cult though. they're cool and well-made.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

check this:
    http://flickr.com/groups/mrbento/
    • CommentAuthorPugatch

alexi you are a huge aluminium fan, still rock those swedish aluminum water bottles? the siggs?

i use this for tea or coffee keep its steaming hot for 6 hours
    Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    Y'all are some serious consumers. Agonizing over a stem or wheel nipples is one thing, but lunch boxes and water bottles?
    •  
      CommentAuthorgregwhits

endurancenirvana:Y'all are some serious consumers. Agonizing over a stem or wheel nipples is one thing, but lunch boxes and water bottles?

good thermoses are difficult to find, and necessary for bag transport... something that you don't normally give a shit about with a 5 dollar travelmug on the T or in a car. believe me i tried and had lots of problems with hot drink transport..