Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorthat guy
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2008

Hey all, I work at gainsborough ERC and was offered what looked like an expensive FUJI road bike on my way out of work tonight (4/17) by some dude who was offering it for 40 bucks. It was blue, white, looked to be about 52mm and quite sexy with huge lights, 2 bottle cages, clipless pedals, and black rims. I told NUPD so talk to them if it sounds familiar, don't know if they will be able to find the guy though.
    • CommentAuthormeatball

I have been offered a couple of bikes in that manner and turned them down since they were obviously stolen.

Since those instances I have realized that whoever actually owns those bikes would likely be more than willing to pay the ransom price to get their bikes back, and in the future will pay for the bikes and make CL postings asking for a serial number.

At the end of the day, you pay for a stolen bike, but it also ideally goes back to whoever owns it, and the bum is still, so sad, still a god damned bum.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

i just hope my serotta is spraypainted completely orange (tires and all) some where. i don't want anyone getting my $3500 for $50.
    ^like the DKNY bikes ;-)
    ^^^next time buy it, and post on CL to try and get it to the original owner. Worst case is that you get a nice bike for cheap. best case is they pay you what you paid some bum, or more, and get their beloved bike back.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!