Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2014

Really? Because I think Nat looks like an idiot today and made me ride a brompton too so we can take a train later instead of waiting until tomorrow. They're also short on people at Bread, so now he's working extra hard on a foldy toy bike. I'm whining all day.

^ if you spot someone who looks like they like bikes a lot, make a post to see if they're on here! You'll slowly start to recognize people and we'll see each other all over town. I still don't know what some people look like."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

We all wear a lot of reflective gear and have empty child seats attached to our bikes.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Except me. I wear all black. I have a dead baby dragging behind my bike on a length of barbed wire.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    So many empty child seats. What's up with that?
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

^LOLMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    I know you guys are joking but it seems like a significant amount of the bike commuters I see have empty child seats. Perhaps to fool drivers into being more careful?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

I think it's just that they use them for carrying tiny people sometimes and they're probably a pain to take off, but I have heard of some people using them because drivers do generally give them more space."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorskulllfist
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2014 edited

Maybe i'll get one for the front andd back^godspeed on the devils thunder
    •  
      CommentAuthorskulllfist

In the front one i'll have a chucky doll, in the back one a baby sized doll of "chunk" (from the goonies)godspeed on the devils thunder
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut

i only respond to heckles and thrown vegetables

i heard child seats make you go faster
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

#breederprivilegeWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    so much privilege

Also some people bike their kiddo to daycare, then continue on to work sans offspring. Not that I am one of those people, but I probably would be if daycare were farther from our house.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Had a nice little FC with Rob in Harvard Sq tonight!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2014

Good times! Never did find my bank, though. I think they moved it!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Saw bAlex and Nuggz at CB just now, stopped in to get toobs but Alex said they're all out.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2014

ALL OUT OF TOOBS? Even dumb sizes like 650c? I was going to stop by in a bit."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    You can probably get Alex to show you the secret stash.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    nerdo:Good times! Never did find my bank, though. I think they moved it!

Yeah. WTF. I was by there today and it was GONE. Was there like 3 weeks ago!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Ehh, got busy anyway. Been riding around with just a patch kit. I'll try tomorrow."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    I have like 3 extra 700x23 tubes
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

What shit for brains is running the inventory system at that store?"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    GanziDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    I thiiiink I saw Gary from afar at the DFA1979 show but it was pretty thick in there.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    surprisefries, i have no idea what you look like, but yeah, great show but there was definitely some real fuckery a'foot
    6kidz:What shit for brains is running the inventory system at that store?

I laughed.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Wait they're seriously out of tubes? I thought that Fries was joking around.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2014

I think it was a joke. They always have like a wall of toobs."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    I hope so...that'd be embarrasing.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Goes to bike shop. "Sorry, bikes are out of stock."All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    but we have skis!
    People walk into the shop here and ask "so do you sell bikes?" all the time. I get it, our name lends itself to tourism. But then the phone rings and the first thing is "Hi do you do bike tours"Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    ^haha

Yes it was a joke. They have tubes for days.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    MY BIKE IS MAKING THIS SOUNDS THATS KINDA LIKE 'CUCHUNK WEEEE' IF I HOLD MY BIKE UP TO THE PHONE AND MAKE THE NOISE CAN YOU TELL ME WHATS WRONG??'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    ^my other favorite phone call.

"JUST COME IN WITH IT"

"HANG ON I THINK I CAN...HERE YOU'RE ON SPEAKERPHONE *CCCHHHRREEEREEERRRRRSSSHHH*"Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Fuck Car Talk. We need "Bike Talk."All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2014

chr|s sedition:Fuck Car Talk. We need "Bike Talk."
    -- would listenI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    ya'll should listen to the Slow Ride podcast. A+, do recommend.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

"Sign number 16, please"
    "15?"
    "16, the one below that one"
    "16?"
    "Yes"
    *signs 15*"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    "i know its 5.45 and you close at 6 but I'm on 93 and i have a triathlon tomorrow, can you stay late so i can drop my bike off? Can you have it ready when you open tomorrow?"'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    "i got this bike for $35 at the MIT auction, how much will it cost to fix it up?"
    no seat post, seized components, chain is embedded into frame and wheel: probably about $300.
    "WHAT DO YOU MEAN $300?? I MIGHT AS WELL GET A NEW BIKE."

yuuuup.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    Dying.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

chr|s sedition:Dying.

the last 1/2 page of this thread is A+ !!!!!!! hahhah

chr|s sedition:Fuck Car Talk.

HEY NOW!

Obo:
    -- would listen

but yes, def!

chr|s sedition:Goes to bike shop. "Sorry, bikes are out of stock."

davidvanchu:but we have skis!

LOL
    Nandy:"Sign number 16, please"
    "15?"
    "16, the one below that one"
    "16?"
    "Yes"
    *signs 15*

HAHA OMGMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

was riding behind some dude last night down mass ave on a shitty bike ghost riding an even more shitty bike with no front wheel, and i was wondering which shop would have the misfortune of his visitMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    hmmm.. my thoughts are they either stole the frame and left the locked-up front wheel behind, or they're recovering their frame which had their unlocked front wheel stolensomebody turn the lights off on this place already.

Aren't we taking over 88.1 for a few hours?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    HAHAHAHAHAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    I saw a few sweet fixies between Longwood and Kendall this morning but I feel like don't know who anyone is anymore, other than the OGs. If you see a big beardo with a green Baileyworks on a stickered - up Langster, gimme a holler!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    it occurred to me yesterday as I was commuting to work on my full carbon cx bike in my skin suit and leg warmers that It only took me like 6 years to become everything I hated when i was in college. No one ever sees me because no one can even recognize me anymore, haha.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    It's rare that anyone passes me on the way to school but this morning I was doing 18-20mph on the minuteman and this guy on a Tarmac passes me but then slows down to the same pace I was holding before.
    ^i want to blow up the SWC every time that happens. And most days I don't even go that fast, its not hard to maintain a faster pace than me most mornings.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.