Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2015

^^^Oh right, I paid cash for my car. I still regret owning one.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    ^I'd never drive to work, but I think it'd be nice to have a car to get out of the city on the weekends, stuff the bike in the trunk and go somewhere like the woods or the beach.

I have a moped sorta thing that my gf and I ride out to castle island every now and then, but that's about as far as we get from Watertown.gotta go fast
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2015

"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    hahaha, genius

this is my mopedy thing, if you ever spot it around during the warmer months

gotta go fast
    Best of both worlds

http://2x2cycles.com/product/motorcycle-bicycle-rack/

I'm buying one this summer for my CB probablyNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    DUDE that thing is rad!Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    thanks man! did an engine swap before the winter, so i'm itchin for warm weather so I can finish the job. It's fun to do snow burnouts in the yard though lolgotta go fast
    ummmmmm guys... Pretty shore cars are awesome.

Untitled
    Yeah showing off motorized toys!! My Nighthawk:

Super 80s instrument panel:

Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    ^^That instrument panel. Makes that bike evan cooler.
    goddamn man, if only my motorbike went fast enough to require an instrument panel :pgotta go fast
    craiggles that bike is ssooooooo gooooodddddand then the time will come when you add up the numbers
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2015

That's like being inside the T-800s head.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    LOL at the Miata with a bike rack. Looks like you made the car twice as high with that. I considered buying an NA Miata last year but it made me feel like I'd grown 2 feet taller sitting in it..
    Seriously can't wait for the snow to melt so I can bring the thing out of hibernation.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    NA miataaa doooo iiiiiit. Who cares WHAT all your friends will think... Instant weekend track car.

I had to hack the hell out of that roof rack to make it work on that car. Came out slick though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2015

Dude who are you? Fuck off
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2015 edited

Craigglesofdoom:

gone
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

toy4x4runner:NA miataaa doooo iiiiiit. Who cares how gay all your friends will think you are. Instant weekend track car.

I had to hack the hell out of that roof rack to make it work on that car. Came out slick though.

SIGGED BROOOOOOOOOOO
    rock dathe:Dude who are you? Fuck off

Right. Offensive. That was stupid and a really poor joke. Especially to make over the internet to unlimited eyes who do not know me. My name is Steve Flesher. I have been really enjoying this forum for a couple months now. And i apologize. Please let me ashore you that what you could have taken that as, is i would not care if people thought i was gay. It would not bother me seeing as i have grown up with it and am comfortable with it to the point that my frankness on the subject can and has offended. I literally, as i write this, sit between my 2 gay mothers whom i love both of like you would not believe. Im just a dumb kid who enjoys riding, working on, and talking about bikes and recently have had my situation change to where i no longer have anyone to do that with. So please forgive my stupidity.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

Auther- steve flesher. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

P.S. Pleeeease dont tell my friends i secretly love sara palin.
    Hm well it seems this went a bit off-topic.. Perhaps there needs to be a compact Japanese sports car appreciation thread?
    toy4x4runner:
    rock dathe:Dude who are you? Fuck off

Right. Offensive. That was stupid and a really poor joke. Especially to make over the internet to unlimited eyes who do not know me. My name is Steve Flesher. I have been really enjoying this forum for a couple months now. And i apologize. Please let me ashore you that what you could have taken that as, is i would not care if people thought i was gay. It would not bother me seeing as i have grown up with it and am comfortable with it to the point that my frankness on the subject can and has offended. I literally, as i write this, sit between my 2 gay mothers whom i love both of like you would not believe. Im just a dumb kid who enjoys riding, working on, and talking about bikes and recently have had my situation change to where i no longer have anyone to do that with. So please forgive my stupidity.

I'll give you credit for owning it, and not getting all defensive. I'll forgive your stupidity, but you might also have to forgive other's rage.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2015 edited

Are you fairly young? I remember that when I was in high school, it was considered cool to make jokes about people and/or things being gay ("that's so gay!") and thinking absolutely nothing of it -- just using it as a slur, and not even equating it with sexual identity.

When she encountered people speaking like that, my ex-girlfriend used to mess with them by saying, completely seriously, "Oh, you mean the Miata is homosexual? You mean that Miata literally is sexually attracted to other Miatas?" It is incredibly fun to watch people's reactions when you confront them this way.

ETA: Or was it my wife who used to say that? God, I'm getting old.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    I usually replace it with the word "black" or "Jewish." Things suddenly sound much more offensive when you do that. It gets the point across.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2015

Another word that's really uncool to use as a slur, one that even the most socially-conscious folks often don't think about, is "retarded". Read this fantastic letter from a Special Olympics athlete to Ann Coulter.
    Using the word "rape" this way seems to have become popular in recent years, too -- "The Sox totally got raped last night." Not cool.

And let me throw this one out there while we're here: I feel the same way about the use of the word "pig" to describe cops, and I hope that all of y'all who have used the word that way feel incredibly Polish right about now.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    ^ One should never insult the intelligence of swine by comparing them to police officers.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Im 29. And i was not using it as a slur. I was litterally saying, who cares if people think you are a homosexual for driving a miata. Because when you show up somwhere with 2 dudes and climb out of a miata, it comes up. And my response to it is just to say yes, i am in fact gay. The subject is usaually droped after that.

But yes... Off topic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2015

We could start using "Ann Coulter" as an insult."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    toy4x4runner:...a homosexual for driving a miata...

An actual BFG homosexual driving a Miata.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    I like your rainbow sticker, chris.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    Those are some sick racing stripes
    No sticker. Is stock Miata (MS) paint job.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    lolololololYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    lolllDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    pocky:Are you fairly young? I remember that when I was in high school, it was considered cool to make jokes about people and/or things being gay ("that's so gay!") and thinking absolutely nothing of it -- just using it as a slur, and not even equating it with sexual identity.

When she encountered people speaking like that, my ex-girlfriend used to mess with them by saying, completely seriously, "Oh, you mean the Miata is homosexual? You mean that Miata literally is sexually attracted to other Miatas?" It is incredibly fun to watch people's reactions when you confront them this way.

ETA: Or was it my wife who used to say that? God, I'm getting old.

Someone yelled "HEY F**GOT" in DTX while I was riding through and it took me so aback that I hadn't heard that yelled in a long, long time. kinda jarring.

Nandy:We could start using "Ann Coulter" as an insult.
    Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthor•••
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2015

pocky:And let me throw this one out there while we're here: I feel the same way about the use of the word "pig" to describe cops, and I hope that all of y'all who have used the word that way feel incredibly Polish right about now.

incredibly polish right now
    chr|s sedition:
    toy4x4runner:...a homosexual for driving a miata...

An actual BFG homosexual driving a Miata.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I actually used to have a red '92 Miata. Car was FUN, albeit so small. Still, good for beach days.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    I should put some rainbow stripes on the Parallax over the boring black and white ones. Who makes good decals that won't leave residue/tear apart in several places when removing it?
    ^ do/did you ever ride down Columbus Ave fairly late at night? Back Bay area? I feel like I use to see a Parallax go by ever so often.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    I don't usually ride down that way, my usual route is down Mass Ave and Huntington. I also haven't ridden my Parallax yet :p I'm waiting until it's nicer out, right now I'm riding my Langster.
    I was riding down commonwealth last night around 6:15p with another guy who seemed to be well kitted out, riding what appeared to be a langster singlespeed with front and back brakes. he had no bags or anything so i assume he might have even been a shop employee somewhere (maybe landry's?), whatever, speculation aside, i passed him. He did the whole, i cant be passed thing, tried to take me around the left and ran out of real estate, grabbed his brakes, slid for like 20 feet and slammed really hard into the back of a car around kenmore.

If that's anyone on here, sorry mate but commutes arent races. Also get well soon.
    ^ Cat 6. Got to love them.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthortinyhonkshus
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2015 edited

I dealt with a "I can't be passed" walker the other day. It was fucking cold so I walked around him, so he GLARED at me, and then when we came to a street crossing, I waited for the ped signal and he yelled "there are no cars coming!" at me. And then he had to wait in the median for all the cars that were coming.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    ^ lol

sat next to a guy on the bus jamming out to some shit song blasting from his phone speaker this morning, and then at the final stop, everyone got up. I was in front of him, waiting for the people in front of me to exit, and just as the people started to move he got impatient and went "fuckin MOVE UP"gotta go fast
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2015

Is there someone on here who rides the burgundy/wine/whathaveyou big block coming down longwood ave from Brookline?
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2015

Chatted with Shane/Stilgar a bit on the ride in this morning. Hadn't seen that guy in years.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Saw a bunch of you people in a photo book about bikes in a Buffalo bookstore."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

^ Do tell more.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus