Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Nandy:Saw a bunch of you people in a photo book about bikes in a Buffalo bookstore.

Ah yes. Love that book.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Oh man I forget about that book sometimes.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    So, uhm, I was just in the Walpole Walmart. Of course, I had to go check out the "bike" section for kicks. Freewheel Burning was checking the helmets when I got there. Most random FC, ever.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2015

You are both terrible people.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    you are both true patriots bringing manufacturing jobs to manning, south carolina.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    I purchased nothing. It was a trip to the "aquarium," sort of.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    I used to go to Wal-Mart fairly often when I was living at home after college. It was one of only two places in the area open really late (there wasn't even any 24h fast food at the time). We could ride the kids bikes and hit golf balls around, and usually the employees there at 2-3am didn't give a fuck.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2015

pocky:I confess that I kind of want to buy this stupid thing (for $79 on clearance at my local Wal Mart):
     photo 20150223_173522_zpsdrdi9omc.jpg
    If you've never seen a 32" wheeled bike in the flesh, here's a pic of one with a 26" wheel next to it to give you an idea of how fuckin' enormous it is.
    ::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthortinyhonkshus
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2015 edited

So, Evan has a tall doppelganger who is also some level of bike kid, and I think I've even met/seen him before but cannot remember. I saw him at Hub today. Can anyone confirm/deny his existence? I believe he had a DIY townie with a PDW (or similar) front basket - but there were a lot of bikes and that might not have bee his.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    Haha, I am very interested in this.

Mrs. Fries and I saw Shane this morning!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Got spotted by Tyler while waiting too meet up with Mrs.Fries and ride home, then we rode together a bit, holler! I was all, "I know that voice" but couldn't tell who you were at first since your face was covered.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthormfratt
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2015

Locked outside the 200 Berkley loading dock... and it was on the (rusted) freewheel side of the hub to boot. *facepalm*
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2015

unffI have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    mfratt:Locked outside the 200 Berkley loading dock... and it was on the (rusted) freewheel side of the hub to boot. *facepalm*

Nice. Seen worse. But still nice.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2015

chr|s sedition:Walpole

ew
    I saw someone with a sweet fixie, large scraggly beard, and funky sunglasses of some sort riding on the sidewalk by one back bay yesterday. If they frequent any online board, I figure it's this one?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2015

It wasn't a black steamroller with a pink front wheel, was it?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Or if it wasn't yesterday, was it a brown geekhouse or a pink marinoni?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Black something, don't recall front wheel..
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Aww, well if you see those sweet fixies under a goofy guy with a beard it is probably my husband (but he doesn't post often), and say hi from the forum!"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Saw a girl with a Cinelli Bolt when I was going over the MIT bridge from Boston to Cambridge this evening. Perhaps someone on here?
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2015

saw clowntown on newbuy just now, no craig to be seen
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2015

There used to be a clowntown lookalike kicking around, I think. Or maybe there were just so many owners of clowntown it seemed like there were multiples...Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2015 edited

saw some semi-chode with an all-city/red bfixed(?) sticker this morning. i liked how your legs splayed out when you resisted the awesome powers of your geared fix.

may your knee wings guide you swiftly through traffic zen #bro. lest mine eye contact thine awesome prowess. the light too bright. the might too palpable. fixie unto fixie, amen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2015

Nuggz is in full condescending douche mode today."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

I JUST GOT BACK GUNZ BLAZING BLAZING GLAZING
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Welcome back. Just admit you miss riding over there, and Boston sucks."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

i thought that was a given. at least i got to look at some dude's internal-hub-single-speed-conversion-with-campy-brakes-with-v-pads-with-diy-brake-washer-chode mobile today.
    guy with really long braid on beacon st- sorry i bumped into your rear wheel at that red light, i was entranced by your really long braidgotta go fast
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut

^wasnt me
    kossmonaut:saw clowntown on newbuy just now, no craig to be seen

I was downstairs in Fluevog picking up my dream shoes

Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Those look quite edgy, so to speak...
    I will never understand wearing shoes that are way longer than one's feet.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2015

Besides looking hella fly?

I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    to recumbent man on comm ave who told me all his friends are dead because they rode my bike -

I'm sorrygotta go fast
    surprisefries:I will never understand wearing shoes that are way longer than one's feet.
    All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2015

Your bike specifically?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Nandy:Your bike specifically?

Death Bike!clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    word for word, "all my friends died riding that bike" as he gracefully unclipped his right foot and put it down toes first as if he were stretching his thigh, but in repose.gotta go fast
    Craigglesofdoom:
    kossmonaut:saw clowntown on newbuy just now, no craig to be seen

I was downstairs in Fluevog picking up my dream shoes

those look like they were rendered on an N64

get some more polygons, BROYou said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2015

Is the lady with a small purple freight bag and silver All City fixed following me for a murder contract? I see you most mornings on the MOS bridge then near my house coming home!
    Hila has a small purple freight bag, and a silver beater but I think it's a fuji and I also think you must know Hilai mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    Saw UrBen at Clover!i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2015

This is true and accurateI have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    I mostly just wanted to use the moniker I came up withi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    FC with FFFens last night. Matt, on Facebook you said that was your first "FC." My guess is that your "FC factor" is going to blast-off from the square planet with the new bike. When I had my old shitty nothing-special bikes, no one ever "saw" me. After I got the Histogram in 2011, within 2 days, everyone was like "Saw Chris," "Saw Chris again," "Almost ran Chris over when driving today." etc. The only thing that change was a more "noticeable" set up.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2015

Saw someone on a light blue Linus with a bunch of Bike Party spoke cards at Beacon/Tremont."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    A couple nice folks from urban adventours were handing out free stickers + coupon on a corner of boylston and charles st.

was a nice end to an otherwise kinda-poopy 10 miles of headwind :'>gotta go fast
    Shoutout the guy on the landshark road bike going north on harvard ave round allston. It's a fine steed.
    Oh that reminds me! I saw Ella in Fort Point on Sunday, but I was in Barrington Coffee so couldn't holler.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy