Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2012

the mission workshop bags i saw irl a year or so ago looked cool but seemed to me that the expandable gusset/closure/zipper system would be the weak spot if subjected to actual work use. but idk, maybe someone actually uses one for work and can expound more.gone
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2012

my roommate has the vandl, i was checking it out last night. he said it's not a bag he'd want to messenger in, as far as ease of use/storage capacity is concerned. the main, thinner pocket that you use predominantly is separated from the expandable middle, so you can never use the full internal space at once, it's always going to be a big and a thin compartment. it also doesn't have an easy spot to put a u-lock. perfect for a commuter and grocery runs. he's had it for almost two years and it looks brand new. so the quality seems great.
    i saw a rookie in chicago with one; it was definitely not big enough. i'd love a mission workshop if i'm commuting; when i'm working i just want a giant pouch.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    conor! for mod: when i'm working i just want a giant sack.

FTFY Conor. Miss you. Come visit.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSaffs
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2012

Chrome is a little predictable, but the Pro backpacks are pretty solid.
    I found that I could fit the most in one of these, no U-lock pocket, but I usually keep that in hand to defend myself from PETA.

You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    NEEDZ IPHOEN HOLSTERDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2012

Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorsmoothness
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2012 edited

surprisefries:NEEDZ IPHOEN HOLSTER

military edc inspired, but looks so cool. want one. unless all you jerks were staring at model ladiez, then lol @ me.

http://skinthsolutions.com/.
    huh. those are pretty neat-o.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2012

gc:the mission workshop bags i saw irl a year or so ago looked cool but seemed to me that the expandable gusset/closure/zipper system would be the weak spot if subjected to actual work use. but idk, maybe someone actually uses one for work and can expound more.

I've had a Mission Workshop bag for almost 3 years now, and it has held up wonderfully other than that zipper in the middle, though, I have one of the first ever produced. They have fixed the problem, and will fix mine, I just don't want to be without a bag for a couple weeks while they replace the zipper. That being said, despite living out of it for 3 months, I would not have liked it when I was working as a courier. It holds a lot of shit, but it is not a big gaping hole like a Freight, or a Seagull.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2013 edited

FUCK YEAHWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

ALSO, THIS IS SOME STRAIGHT UP TMNT GONE BAD AND NOW LEADS THE FOOTCLAN SHIT:
    We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    OH MAN PUT A TRASH BAG IN THAT AND YOU'VE GOT
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2013

I fully expect to see both of those bags on some of our MIT students.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

YOUD BE LIKE A STEGOSAURUS OR SOME SHIT IN THIS

HEY LEGO MY BACKPACK LOL

OMG ITS ATL-ASS

HAHA MORE LIKE CHEWBACKA

I WONDER WHAT KIND OF BACKPACK JUDE LAW IS CARRYING

LADIEZ?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

THAT WOULD BE FUCKING DOPE FOR OUR ANNUAL NOOBS AND OGS SUMMER PICNIC RIDE MEET AND GREET AT CASTLE ISLAND
    KILLERSIM GET ON THAT SHITWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

anyone want a hip pouch or tool bag or cell phone holster or camera case or something? i'm trying my hand at sewing stuff and will make something custom for the cost of materials + pizza
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

i'll trade you a new phone holster for a cycling cap

LOLMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

^^^^^ & ^^^^ A + hahaha!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    I want a Paknic-ieri mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    cell phone holster with stash pocketYou said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    That should be C-3PO not ChewyDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

rock death:anyone want a hip pouch or tool bag or cell phone holster or camera case or something? i'm trying my hand at sewing stuff and will make something custom for the cost of materials + pizza

Cell phone holster? I will purchase you vegan pizza with no fewer than 2 toppings, no greater than 4."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthortinhat

surprisefries:That should be C-3PO not Chewy
    i read that as chevy, and it sorta made sense for a moment.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2013 edited

joeyfresh:ALSO, THIS IS SOME STRAIGHT UP TMNT GONE BAD AND NOW LEADS THE FOOTCLAN SHIT:

I know a full-grown woman who rides with this one on:

She doesn't wear the headband, though. Not that I know of, anyway.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2013

surprisefries:YESSSSSSSSS
    Punk iphone:I swear some of you^ are retarded. A fucking queer little Jansport will hold 99% of what you need. What it doesn't fit inside is easily secured to it from a number of straps.... Not "waterproof" enough? Try putting yer shit in a garbage bag then the jansport, works like a fucking wet dream. You shit-nuts would rather spend 200 dollars on a giant retarded looking bag that won't be "waterproof" after one fucking season anyway. Oh yeah, you "look" like a messenger with a huge retarded bag on, that's the draw I suppose? My motherfucking courierware bag is 15 years old and wasn't waterproof after a season or two. Guess what, I put my shit in a little grocery bag and then the courierware bag, and WALA it's fucking "waterproof"! Line your bag with 5 cents worth of a plastic bag and your there. I don't think one of the bag makers mentioned here^ where even making bags when I started using my courierware bag( I realize there a one strap design but I mention them because of the whole "waterproof" issue that you deem important, but is not). Use a real backpack made from any number of hiking companies b4 you throw your money away on something as stupid looking as that asshole wearing the obligatory rookie asshole head ware "brooklyn" cycling cap and that ugly fucking bag. JESUS H FUCKING CHRIST you people are dumb n getting dumber

also
    joeyfresh, MPH:I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU'RE NOT ALL CARRYING AROUND A GARBAGE BAG LINED JANSPORT.
    You know what else I hate today? Bandannas. That's right: fuck bandannas. If you want to keep your pant leg from getting greased, just wear shorts motherfucker. And if you want to keep your neck warm, just wear mock turtlenecks everywhere.
    Also, don't all you kids use expensive locks? Why are you wasting your money? Whatever happened to a square knot and a shitty bike?
    < / nic fit>

and
    Morgie:YES!!! page 5! backpacks are AWESOME!

•  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

tinhat:

ITS R2D2 YOU MORONS

mindchalk:wrong.
    • CommentAuthorgc

seeing this thread bumped always makes my day.gone
    • CommentAuthorgc

also, joeyfresh killin it in this thread.gone
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2013 edited

tinyhonkshus:I want a Paknic-ier

i would love to make this. you for real?

paul jameson:cell phone holster with stash pocket

6kidz:
    rock death:anyone want a hip pouch or tool bag or cell phone holster or camera case or something? i'm trying my hand at sewing stuff and will make something custom for the cost of materials + pizza

Cell phone holster? I will purchase you vegan pizza with no fewer than 2 toppings, no greater than 4.

i need your phone and your bag for measurements. stash pockets are measured by the eighth. mayonnaise, oil, and corn pizza only
    I am totes for real - Geekhouse is theoretically making me a picnic bike, and I need a picnic pannier. And a baguette pannier. That backpack is probably more than I need, I think I need a cutting board slot, 2 small plates, utensils, and 4ish beer holsters, and a larger compartment for the snackzorz. Maybe an ice-pack compartment? Not like thermo lined, just a place to stick one near the beers. I've been envisioning a wine glass rack that holds them upright on the top of the rear rack- mostly because it would be hilarious.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    Fuck you Broseph, it's C-3PO and you're probably hairy enough to pass as Chewbacca carrying him around too.

WALADFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

NAH BRO MY SHITS SMOOTH

•  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2013 edited

tinyhonkshus:I am totes for real - Geekhouse is theoretically making me a picnic bike, and I need a picnic pannier. And a baguette pannier. That backpack is probably more than I need, I think I need a cutting board slot, 2 small plates, utensils, and 4ish beer holsters, and a larger compartment for the snackzorz. Maybe an ice-pack compartment? Not like thermo lined, just a place to stick one near the beers. I've been envisioning a wine glass rack that holds them upright on the top of the rear rack- mostly because it would be hilarious.

::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthortinyhonkshus

:O

i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2013

so the other person brings folding chairs?
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

a_lion:so the other person brings folding chairs?

No, the green cushion-top things ARE the chairs. Bloon "Springtime" Picknickbasket

::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

ooooh, dang, ok. well planned.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

tinyhonkshus:I am totes for real - Geekhouse is theoretically making me a picnic bike, and I need a picnic pannier. And a baguette pannier. That backpack is probably more than I need, I think I need a cutting board slot, 2 small plates, utensils, and 4ish beer holsters, and a larger compartment for the snackzorz. Maybe an ice-pack compartment? Not like thermo lined, just a place to stick one near the beers. I've been envisioning a wine glass rack that holds them upright on the top of the rear rack- mostly because it would be hilarious.

i will do my absolute best to make this. i love gear that has its own little place for everything. this is what i dream about. whisper me your email address
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2013

tinyhonkshus:

:O

hahaha :D marianna like!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2013 edited

joeyfresh:NAH BRO MY SHITS SMOOTH

IM VERY DISAPPOINTED THAT NO ONE COMMENTED ON HOW FLY I LOOK IN THIS PHOTOWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2013

DID YOU KNOW YOUR ACTIVITIES ON BOSTONFIXED COULD LEAD TO TERRORISM CHARGES? MAYBE YOU FEEL LIKE LIFE IS A PRESSURE COOKER AND YOU JUST WANT TO KILL THE PRESIDENT OF STRESSVILLE BY CHECKING OUT SOME SWEET BACKPACKS AND UNWINDING ON THE COUCH WITH A BOMB ASS COCKTAIL IN HAND. WELL DOING SO COULD LAND YOU IN PRISON FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. THINK BEFORE YOU POST.

•  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2013

So this bag isnt a cycling bag, but it does pretty much EVERYTHING i want: http://goincase.com/shop/incase-eo-travel-backpack.

But it's $180 dollars, fuck.

Anyone know of of a sub-100 bag that isnt just a cloth bucket, has some decent gear management, and is still a decent size?

Something that opens flat like that one above does, i think that'd be really cool.

One day I just have to figure out how to make my own.EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2013 edited

Well I've just spent the last 3 hours doing research apparently... and i've come up with a list of packs for you all..... brands we're not used to seeing too (aside from one from timbuk2). These meet all of my "non-bucket" requirements.

Three bags, totally in my price range, kind of awesome: http://www.cocooninnovations.com/cat_info.php?cat_id=68
    The rest are all at or above 100...
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/112024965/waxed-canvas-backpack-bicycle-backpack?ref=shop_home_active
    http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/especial-medio-cycling-backpack
    Military Grade http://www.goruck.com/en/sk16
    Military Grade 2 http://www.511tactical.com/rush-12-backpack.html
    So beautiful: http://www.crumpler.com/us/Laptop-Bags/Laptop-Backpacks/Nhil-Heist.html

And you're familiar with MW, http://missionworkshop.com/products/arkiv-system-bags/R2-field-pack-overview.php

I'll probably go with the less expensive one from the first link. Now I'm trying to decide if i want a slim bag for just commuting to/fro work or a full-time bag.

I'm probably gonna get a roll-up for my tools so I can keep them A) together, b) easily transferrable.

EDIT: this one is 200+ but is nice looking. http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/walker-laptop-macbook-backpack. it's the bucket, but it has so many pockets i would be able to manage stuff. but it's kinda bulky.EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    I wanted to hate on all of these, because most are forgettable, but that waxed canvas one is DOPE AS HELL.

worth clicking on all them linx to find that.

OH FUCK.

Thanks Zev.

FUCK TIMBUK2 THOYou said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2013

well always Fuck Timbuk2... wait... for some reason I also expect timbuk2 to have shit quality. But I have like 2-3 bags from them, and they've all lasted several years. The design a few years ago was shite, but the new ones look like they have some thought put into them.

That waxed one is dope as hell, and for only what, $200, totally fucking reasonable. Roughly the same dimentions as my Chrome upright sack. Just it'd have the same problems. It'd just turn into a very fancy bucket o junk. But it's also a pannier... so anyone who has better stuff-management skills than I, check it out. And they've got other sick bags too.

For the price, the cocoon ones seem pretty sweet. The slim one cant stop grabbing my attention, but the quality of the bag looks terrible. The One up top in the post before the links, the "EO Travel Backpack" from incase is supposed to be great quality, and has some nifty features, being able to open it all the way means I could clean it out easily. But fuck, it's 180.EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2013

tl;dr

I have like 2-3 upright sacks, waxed and dope as hell. Just this sack'd have the same problems. Upright sacks just turn into a very fancy bucket o junk. The cocoon sacks seem pretty sweet, but the slim sack cant stop grabbing my attention. But fuck, it's 180.