Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2013

tl;dr

I have like 2-3 upright sacks, waxed and dope as hell. Just this sack'd have the same problems. Upright sacks just turn into a very fancy bucket o junk. The cocoon sacks seem pretty sweet, but the slim sack cant stop grabbing my attention. But fuck, it's 180.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

If you really need to be that nerdy (and don't we all), why not just buy one of these and throw it into your normal bag/bucket?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF

Nuggetross:tl;dr

I have like 2-3 upright sacks, waxed and dope as hell. Just this sack'd have the same problems. Upright sacks just turn into a very fancy bucket o junk. The cocoon sacks seem pretty sweet, but the slim sack cant stop grabbing my attention. But fuck, it's 180.

Accurate. So so accurate.

nerdo:If you really need to be that nerdy (and don't we all), why not just buy one of these and throw it into your normal bag/bucket?
    Nerdo, the cocoon bags come with one, and the SLIM version actually has it built into the front pocket... it is the front pocket.EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Right, but the cocoon is the pocket protector of backpacks. All function, no class. Throw the Grid into your waxed canvas backpack and you get style points plus functionality.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF

HOLY FUCK.... i just had a flash of brilliance and just came up with the best goddamn bag design. @_@

based on that waxed canvas one. Unfortunately I know nothing about making bags, so it'll probably fail miserably, and I cannot make it myself... but HOLY FUCK

WHERE"S MY SKETCHBOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!?EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    Figures it would take skaters/bikers from Europe to design the *only* serious legit skate/bike back pack. Of course, it has to be cold war army green, too. I. FUCKING. DROOL. $200 w/shipping has me pause, however.

http://www.blessthisstuff.com/stuff/wear/bags-luggage/scumbag-by-blind-chic/All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2014

i always figured a good bag is worth the money, my last bag lasted 6+years
    You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2014 edited

^^i was thinking about that the other day. have had my freight bag since 2010 and it's still going strong. only thing is a slightly damaged buckle clip.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    I FULLY agree a good bag is worth the money. No question. The question, here, is do I want to drop $200, *just* so I can *sometimes* carry my board, in a more effective manner than the ways I already do on my (other) expensive bags?

I already have, and use THREE bags! Chrome Citizens, Chrome Lieutenant (most often used), and a "normal" backpack. Do I need a FORTH one, just for my skateboard? Prolly. :)All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    sell 2 outta 3 bags to fund it?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    Cracked. Ordered it. Hand made per order. Rad. 20-30 days production time, plus shipping time from Hungary. Should arrive during time of year that I'm LEAST likely to tote skateboard around.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2014

Fuck that shit, Chris.

We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2014

HOLY SHIT A CATPACK

THIS SOLVES EVERYTHINGWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    DORA YOU CAN TAKE LOGAN MTBINGYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2014 edited

OMG those are the best.

Eta: link for the catpack, plz. Totally not giving it to anyone in an anonymous gift exchange."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    joeyfresh:Fuck that shit, Chris.

We are fighting.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    joeyfresh:HOLY SHIT A CATPACK

THIS SOLVES EVERYTHING

Ok, now we are not fighting anymore.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2014 edited

^lol

Nandy:OMG those are the best.

Eta: link for the catpack, plz. Totally not giving it to anyone in an anonymous gift exchange.

CATPACKS FOR EVERYONEWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Someone was wearing a catpack on a ferry from the Vineyard and the cat hissed at me. it was sad but I figured the cat was stressed out.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2014

banana truffles:DORA YOU CAN TAKE LOGAN MTBING

HAHA OMG

i need to figure out his leash situation so he can hang out in the backyard without attacking other cats or my constant supervisionMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    (This post is about a product SO specific, it's not really relevant to any of ya'll).

Yeah. So that bike/skate bag. Xmas present from parents. Score. I ordered last Thursday (Dec 4) after work. When I got up in the AM (Dec 5) they had emailed me. Said they had some in stock, and if I got back to them quickly with address confirmation, they'd send it out today (Dec 5). By time I had woken up, it was too late. They said it would go out Monday, Dec 8. Shipping was like $30. Seemed a little high, but coming from Hungary and all, not too bad. On Monday they send me an email with tracking #. I take a quick look at it. I notice it says "Estimated Delivery, Tuesday Dec 9." I'm like NO. WAY. Has to be mistake." For shits and giggles, I check it after I get out of work on Monday night. Tracking reads, "Arrived at sorting facility in New Jersey, USA." Mind. Blown. It arrived on Tuesday, Dec 9. Overnight shipping from Hungary. Insane.

Bag itself is amazing. Super high quality. Will outlast the rest of my skate carer, that much is 100% certain. Light years better than any other bag designed to carry a board I've ever had (inc. ones made by actual skate companies...but those were not ALSO designed to be used by a cyclist). Quite happy, and OUTSTANDING customer service. IF I ever need another bag, I would def consider Blind Chic again.

http://blind-chic.com/who-we-are/

Here are a few pics of mine.

Compared with my Chrome Lieutenant for size reference.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Straps for skateboard.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2014

RAD.
    Thanks for the update, Chris!We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Can we get a review of that catpack though
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2014

^lol

i always figured the board would hit your head on a pack like that
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2014 edited

I assume someone is getting the catpack for Secret Satan.
    fingers crossed so hard they're breakingWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2014

So, my mom sent us some money for Consumerism Day, and she loves cats so we're getting ourselves a catpack. It will be available for borrowing when we're not picnicking with Terry."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    JansportYou said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2016

OOPS BOUGHT A BAG THE SIZE OF MY STOVE.
    "life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2016 edited

Please explain. Is this, like, the exact size of the basket on the Bullitt? Or are you playing games with perspective? I really can't tell if this is a joke or not, and knowing that Bullitt, I'm inclined to believe it's not.

If not, please post pics of cats inside that bag, for scale.

ETA: Holy crap, never mind. I just saw the picture of Nat sitting inside it.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2016

AWW YEAH look up Trash's Monster, they have some photos of it on bullitts. It's really that big. Cat photo later. I'm under a cat now. Can't move."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    A+ purchaseDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2016

Nat said no cats in the bag because they might scratch it up and cats are nasty and we want to carry people's food in it and all... Here's our largest cat next to it, though:
    "life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2016

Nandy -- I was between a trash and a reload bag...thoughts now that you have a trash bag?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

I don't have a big reload (I do have a reload hip pack I like a lot!). They're both excellent and it seems like among bike people I know they're represented about equally. Personally, I think Trash's designs and quality are super on point now, and I like their variety of flap bag sizes (it looks like reload only does one size?). If you're looking for a sling, that trash can in stock looks pretty hot, but I don't know how the strap is or if it's reversible. I'm still attached to Bailey Works for that stuff."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

That is an enormous cat, and the fact that it's in front of the bag ends up making the bag look smaller..
    I feel like this picture gives the best sense of the size of that bag:
    ::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    that was my favorite picture from the maker's sitei mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy, if you didn't have to fold down the top at all. if anything, i'm more confused now than ever!
    so, so siggedi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

sweet
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

ThreePete:Nandy -- I was between a trash and a reload bag...thoughts now that you have a trash bag?

I just saw that reload is doing 25% off of their in stock bags, if that influences your choice."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?