Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorPLyTheMan
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009

I've just been using a Dakine Terminal since I started commuting about a year and a half ago now, got it for like 20 bucks on whiskey militia. The backpack is plenty big with ~2100 cu. inches and short of a monsoon does reasonably well at keeping my shit dry. Has a laptop compartment and everything! My only problem with it is the straps have absorbed about their saturation point in sweat and smell terrible now...
    • CommentAuthorBUBBLEGUM*

"if we followed your same logic then would you please stop riding your track bike to work because ya know they belong on the track or we can just call you a wanna be track racer who works for a dying industry.......you should really look into a hybrid bicycle, or a folding bike to make your deliveries.......just sayin not hatin playboy"

^^^^^^^^ BABY BOY,
    Y U GOTTA THROW IN THE dying industry STUFF? :( SOUNDS LIKE YOU A HATER. YOURE TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. HOW MANY HOURS A WEEK DO YOU NOW OR EVER RIDE YOUR BIKE IN THE CITY? BABY BOY. I LIKE USING FUN NAMES. IM TRAINING FOR A TRACK RACE THAT ILL NEVER DO. :) RESPECT. IVE NEVER MET A REAL TRACK RACER WHO DOESNT RESPECT COURIERS THAT RIDE TRACK BIKES YEAR ROUND IN THE CITY. AS A JOB. TO MAKE MONEY. TO LIVE.
    ZOOTS
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

hahahahahahahahaha!!! bags are just to carry yer crap. cut down on yer crap. dang! u cats is serious.

where IS sassy (or whatever the fuck he's callin' hisself lately)? we need that asshole to slap us upside the head. (he may be an asshole, but he's OUR asshole!).

bags? hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! jansports wif trash bags! FTW!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBach~ez

BUBBLEGUM*:
    ^^^^^^^^ BABY BOY,
    Y U GOTTA THROW IN THE dying industry STUFF? :( SOUNDS LIKE YOU A HATER. YOURE TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. HOW MANY HOURS A WEEK DO YOU NOW OR EVER RIDE YOUR BIKE IN THE CITY? BABY BOY. I LIKE USING FUN NAMES. IM TRAINING FOR A TRACK RACE THAT ILL NEVER DO. :) RESPECT. IVE NEVER MET A REAL TRACK RACER WHO DOESNT RESPECT COURIERS THAT RIDE TRACK BIKES YEAR ROUND IN THE CITY. AS A JOB. TO MAKE MONEY. TO LIVE.
    ZOOTS

mrotown: U lock them by the neck to a street sign!
    for real, i don't have a jansport (10+ year old L.L. Bean, is that cool?) but trash/grocery bags for the waterproofin' win.

(just 'cause i don't wanna put my filthy rugby kit in my nice fakeinger bag)DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar

I just got a new Chrome Warsaw from xbobeahenx. I like it so far, time will formulate a better opinion.

I was using a Banjo Brothers Large Commuter Backpack, before I got the Chrome backpack. That bag was alright but wasn't that good quality (it was $90 though). After a year of hard use, it was getting very raggity. If you only have $90 for a bag, it was pretty good, but you get what you pay for, it's definitely much lower quality than the more expensive backpacks I have seen (like the Warsaw).
    BLACKPACK

•  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

^^willing to sell the raggedy bag? my friend needs a big bag but he refuses to spend much money on anything and thus will settle for low quality
    • CommentAuthorBUBBLEGUM*
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2009

I HAV AN UNUSUALY BIG JANSPORT UP FOR SALE IF ANY ONES INTERESTED. 50 BUCKS. ZIPPERS STUCK. WILL THROW IN SUM PLASTIC GROCERY BAGS.
    My son would like to get one of the sling over the shoulder packs for his upcoming bar mitzvah. Does anyone have suggestions for a reputable brand that I could pick up at REI or perhaps Urban Outfitters (his favorite store)?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

^hahahahahaaaa!!
    • CommentAuthorunit

Looking to make a patch for my backpack. Any recommendations on the type of material used? Im looking for somthing resiliant enough to retain its color through the elements. Also, any success stories with spray painting backpack canvas?
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

graham i think spraypainting that kinda stuff is difficult. well, it depends if it's actual cotton canvas or the nylon stuff. are you talking about your bailey works? it hasta be the right kinda spraypaint, etc etc. you'd prob be better off just buying some screenprinting ink. same deal for the patch you wanna make too.Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorunit

^THEEENAAKSS!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

haha no prahb! :)Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthor0x000000

my roommate let me borrow her old army surplus backpack. the other day i used it to carry my laundry bag (filled with enough clothes to fill two triple-load washers). the shit is so versatile. i just wish it was a little bigger and waterproof.what does he commute to clowntown on that thing
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Bach~ez:
    BUBBLEGUM*:DO YOUR HEROES A FAVOR AND DELETE THIS WEBSITE OR CHANGE THE NAME TO BOSTONHIPBICYCLENERDS.US/FORUM. IM JUST DOING MY PART TO TRY TO TURN BACK TIME. PS- IM PUTTING IN A SUGGESTION THAT ALL FUTURE ALLEY CATS THAT ARE ADVERTISED ON THIS FORUM BE REFERRED TO AS FIXIE BIKE SCAVENGER RACES. IM MAD AND LIFTED :) JUS HERE TO HAVE FUN AND MAKE THAT $. NAMASTE :)

if we followed your same logic then would you please stop riding your track bike to work because ya know they belong on the track or we can just call you a wanna be track racer who works for a dying industry.......you should really look into a hybrid bicycle, or a folding bike to make your deliveries.......just sayin not hatin playboy

I ride a hybrid. I can beat you up. so?dongpincher 1000
    • CommentAuthormindchalk

Bach~ez:

if we followed your same logic then would you please stop riding your track bike to work because ya know they belong on the track or we can just call you a wanna be track racer who works for a dying industry.......you should really look into a hybrid bicycle, or a folding bike to make your deliveries.......just sayin not hatin playboy

just shut the fuck up.

out of true.
    As discussed in this thread, ALICE/MOLLE for the win.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthormindchalk

wrong.
    out of true.
    • CommentAuthormindchalk

or better yet. this. ;)
    out of true.

This is my new backpack.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBach~ez
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2009 edited

awww mindchalk you should've come over tonight call me 626 808 5566
    Edit: you too danny ? i just wanna hug you guys, lets hang out and drink PBR's and ride around town holding hands.mrotown: U lock them by the neck to a street sign!
    • CommentAuthorMike Steve
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2009 edited

I don't play with muthafuckas cuz this shit be real
    • CommentAuthormindchalk
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2009 edited

Bach~ez:awww mindchalk you should've come over tonight call me 626 808 5566
    Edit: you too danny ? i just wanna hug you guys, lets hang out and drink PBR's and ride around town holding hands.

oh! absolutely! that sounds right up my alley! i really want to hear stories about your sick skids! i really want to know who else you saw on a bike today! oh man oh man oh man i can't wait to be friends with you. how great was riding in LA??? can you tell me? i'll listen.out of true.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBach~ez

^ <3 (kisses)
    Oh btw are u a top or a bottom ? I have no preference can't wait for our date maybe meph and bubblegum can tag along maybe u guys can teach me how to fit into Boston a little bit better.mrotown: U lock them by the neck to a street sign!
    james, just shut up.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBach~ez
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2009

Ok ok sorry guys I'm an asshole u are right.mrotown: U lock them by the neck to a street sign!
    • CommentAuthormindchalk

one more time with feeling.out of true.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar

rock death:^^willing to sell the raggedy bag? my friend needs a big bag but he refuses to spend much money on anything and thus will settle for low quality

No thanks. I think I want to hold onto it for dumpster runs.
    • CommentAuthorMephIehet

Enough feeling for you, hoss?
    • CommentAuthormindchalk

out of true.
    ZOMG MINDCHALK AND BACHEZ WERE TOTALLY AT THE SAME PLACE TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBach~ez

Fuck ReallY ? is that why i had a boner most the night SHIT !
    Damn i knew i smelled your pheromones............mrotown: U lock them by the neck to a street sign!
    no one likes me. :'-(
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2010 edited

DannyRocks:IMG00019

destouches:that is fist

hehsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2010

hell yes this thread is back.gone
    sometimes i'm not sure how i landed a hot wife.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2010

surprisefries:This is making me nostalgic for the "plastic bag in a Jansport" argument.

Merry Christmas.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    YESSSSSSSSS
    Punk iphone:I swear some of you^ are retarded. A fucking queer little Jansport will hold 99% of what you need. What it doesn't fit inside is easily secured to it from a number of straps.... Not "waterproof" enough? Try putting yer shit in a garbage bag then the jansport, works like a fucking wet dream. You shit-nuts would rather spend 200 dollars on a giant retarded looking bag that won't be "waterproof" after one fucking season anyway. Oh yeah, you "look" like a messenger with a huge retarded bag on, that's the draw I suppose? My motherfucking courierware bag is 15 years old and wasn't waterproof after a season or two. Guess what, I put my shit in a little grocery bag and then the courierware bag, and WALA it's fucking "waterproof"! Line your bag with 5 cents worth of a plastic bag and your there. I don't think one of the bag makers mentioned here^ where even making bags when I started using my courierware bag( I realize there a one strap design but I mention them because of the whole "waterproof" issue that you deem important, but is not). Use a real backpack made from any number of hiking companies b4 you throw your money away on something as stupid looking as that asshole wearing the obligatory rookie asshole head ware "brooklyn" cycling cap and that ugly fucking bag. JESUS H FUCKING CHRIST you people are dumb n getting dumber

also
    joeyfresh, MPH:I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU'RE NOT ALL CARRYING AROUND A GARBAGE BAG LINED JANSPORT.
    You know what else I hate today? Bandannas. That's right: fuck bandannas. If you want to keep your pant leg from getting greased, just wear shorts motherfucker. And if you want to keep your neck warm, just wear mock turtlenecks everywhere.
    Also, don't all you kids use expensive locks? Why are you wasting your money? Whatever happened to a square knot and a shitty bike?
    < / nic fit>

and
    Morgie:YES!!! page 5! backpacks are AWESOME!

DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorgc

grey ham:hell yes this thread is back.
    gone
    <3 "WALA"i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2010 edited

tinyhonkshus:<3 "WALA"

hahahaha beat me to it!!

also

joeyfresh, MPH:just wear mock turtlenecks everywhere.

and

Morgie:YES!!! page 5! backpacks are AWESOME!

that picture is from "gayoutdoors.org" WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN!!!!!
    lololololololollololololololoolloolololMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Personal fave:
    MungoRocks:I ride a hybrid. I can beat you up. so?
    We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Also:
    Mr. Shelby:i personally think we can learn something from these women
    We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    True Story: I am using a backpack today. It's no Jansport but it is a Columbia. It is also blue.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Will you tell us how your choice in bag syncs or conflicts with the dying industry of the bicycle courier and the rise of messenger fashion?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    USE INFOGRAPHICS!i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    i prefer to let MS Paint do the talking.
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Those upside-down helmets look like Boston Whalers.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy