Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

I ride them all Bullhorns are great for distance riding, risers are the best for ripping thru traffic and not getting handbags hooked to your bike, and if you are brakeless then swapping is so easy it takes like 3 minutes just mark your bars and stem in a way only you see it and you will be set up the same way every time. I have drops but only use them for the track. Ohh side point if you are going to ride with risers you must chop them down wide MTB bars on track bikes look horrible.-LD
    more than that, they're not practical for city riding for the reasons you've stated.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorJer
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2007

conor:yeah, i think i'm gonna try road drops with a working and a dummy lever, see how that goes.

my bike is setup this way, and I really like it for long rides. In the city reaching for the road brake is a PITA though, so I'm thinking of getting a cross lever on there as well..

Also, since my dummy lever has no cable attached to it the lever rattles around and makes annoying sounds. (I don't like how it looks with the lever removed)

Jer
    yeah, i'm keeping risers for the city, but i can't do them for longer rides.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2007

ratattack:bullhorns=drops w/out the sprint position

i disagree, bullhorns are meant to be used with aero bars, and when in a tt or pursuit, they are your only choice for sprinting. i do agree with your climbing idea, though when i rode them during both sprinting and climbing they were very flexy. id say dont use bullhorns unless you want something more "comfortable" and please dont angle them up, that just looks more retarded then the kids in a short bus. track drops are sexy, but pointless on the street other then style (i have no problem with that). road drops are smart, but do your home work to figure out which are best for you. risers are great for the city, ive been riding them for years, but suck for climbing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

I did 50-60 miles a day this summer, did bullhorns for 2 days, then bought and chopped my ultra narrow risers that I use now. 200+miles a week for 6 weeks, I was fine w/ just risers (all urban miles though).
    I guess if you do long road rides or what-have you, they wouldn't be your cup of tea, but they're pretty awesome for the city.dongpincher 1000
    • CommentAuthorJer

DannyRocks:I did 50-60 miles a day this summer, did bullhorns for 2 days, then bought and chopped my ultra narrow risers that I use now. 200+miles a week for 6 weeks, I was fine w/ just risers (all urban miles though).
    I guess if you do long road rides or what-have you, they wouldn't be your cup of tea, but they're pretty awesome for the city.

I think the issue is the amount of time in the saddle, and less mileage. so if you rode 200 miles in 5 mile bursts risers wouldn't be a problem. But if you rode two centuries your hands would be bummin...

J
    for the past week whenever I've seen this thread title I've started singing the chorus from "Rise Above"

BF - Rise AbovePh'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.