Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

From WBZTV - LINK
    Crashes End With Explosion In Brighton
    BRIGHTON, Mass. (WBZ) ? Several vehicles were damaged in a wild crash in Brighton Thursday morning that ended with an explosion and fire.

It happened in the area known as Packard's Corner at the intersection of Commonwealth Avenue and Brighton Avenue just after 7 a.m.

Initial reports from the scene indicate it started when a delivery truck heading outbound on Comm. Ave. slammed into a car at Babcock Street, knocking the car onto the trolley tracks.

Witnesses say the truck hit several vehicles on Comm. Ave., and then knocked a car onto the sidewalk on Brighton Avenue.

The truck then collided head-on with another car. That set off a massive explosion and both went up in flames.

The truck driver jumped out and reportedly ran off. The condition of the driver in the car is unknown.

Boston EMS is reporting one minor injury at this point.

A hazardous materials team was called to the scene because there were reportedly chemicals on the New England Delivery truck. The company had no comment.

Green B Line trolley service between Babcock and Blandford Streets is suspended. The MBTA is busing between Blandford Street and Brighton Avenue.

More reasons to get rid of cars and use bikes for everything?? Hope all involved are ok and the driver is found.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2008

oh man!(moscow)
    the video on wbztv's site is crazy man. shit on fire and such.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorrobotbuilder
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2008 edited

estratton:
    From WBZTV - LINK

Fixed[all your base are belong to us]
    ha i'm a block and a half away from this and didn't hear or notice anything since i was asleep.
    oh man, I saw a drunk that had driven his truck up onto the B line tracks right down the street from there, in front of the shaws. He got partway over that median and got his pickup stuck. It was like he was trying to change lanes or something. The cops were making him walk a line on the sidewalk and after failing miserably, the guy goes "Alright, I'm drunk, do what you gotta do"
    •  
      CommentAuthor0x000000

haha, wow, i just rode by there and saw the truck, but didn't see the guy walking the line. looks like today is bad luck.

wait, drunk at 930am? that's fantastic.what does he commute to clowntown on that thing
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Explosions are awesome.dongpincher 1000
    • CommentAuthorgeekhouse

I heard the crash after I woke up at 7:15am, and then riding to work I saw the box truck still on fire at. It looked like the guy plowed through about 6 cars before his truck blew up, but then I heard there were two different accidents. Either way, you've gotta love allston.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch

i saw something similar to this last year around this time in coolidge corner.. a car plowed into about 4 or 5 some parked and some at a traffic light. luckily i was at the other side of the intersectionEverybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    ^^does he have 6 stars now?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!