Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormur
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2008 edited

papi:^yes! that would be awesome! I'll bring some boca burgers.

i've never understood that name, "boca burger". what does "boca", which means "mouth", have to do with not being meat?

it's really doing an injustice to the word "boca", which -- because of this single product -- may forever be associated with "gross".~(..,)~ (oYo) make whoopee not war (oYo) ~(..,)~
    boca burgers are fucking grossHUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!
    • CommentAuthorCole
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2008

^ agreed (but i dislike real beef as well), but boca chicken patties and chicken nuggets are better than real chicken, it's fucking stupid.
    bring your mallets tonight!
    •  
      CommentAuthorepseven

i had to retire my mallet and may need to borrow one for the tournament if i can't find another ski pole before tomorrowThe bun is in your mind
    • CommentAuthorCole

so what do people want to eat, ill see what i can do before i come to the bbq.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCowboy

^ a nice steak for me please Cole! and some of those spicy chips. If you get arrested I might put up some bail money
    • CommentAuthorCole

don't you fret, they'll never catch me!

• CommentAuthorHowardR

Seeing that I am staying local this weekend, If someone needs a 3rd I'll be there Sat. Morning...
    • CommentAuthorCole

great bbq, people should come out and watch the tournament tomorrow, even if you're not into polo take a nice ride down, watch, swim in the beach, hang out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpapi
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2008

Sunday Polo at 12:00 in South Boston.
    bring some aspirin.I'm going to eat your brain and gain your knowledge
    • CommentAuthorHowardR

Aspirn and serious amounts of Aloe Vera

Here are some photos:

•  
      CommentAuthorpapi

^HAHA. That last one in particular is quite dramatic.

Thanks to everyone for coming out and making this tournament a blast. Especially BostonBiker.org for hooking us up with some $$ prizes for the winners, Geekhouse for some t-shirts and Aaron for making the awesome trophies and letting us bbq at his shop.

I'll post full results tomorrow.I'm going to eat your brain and gain your knowledge
    •  
      CommentAuthorCowboy
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2008

Unforgettable Saturday. Awesome event. Thanks to everybody. Im not sure how I got home on saturday night but i woke up fully clothed at 2pm on Sunday with a swollen wrist and felt too bad to even come and watch yesterdays massacre. Im taking a rest from Polo for several weeks mainly because of my wrist and my trip to Canada and Alaska. I will be back stronger and faster early August.
    • CommentAuthorCole

^ do you remember almost getting your ass kicked by sean from richmond?
    •  
      CommentAuthorCowboy

Sean and I sorted that out if you remember. He flew off at me for a little thing which had been resolved earlier. I was surprised that Sean grabbed my throat that’s for sure. It was never going to turn into a fight because Sean is a good guy and he apologized to me afterwards, which has a lot to say about him. Both of us had been drinking most of the day and little “flareups” were bound to happen.

Back to the tournament I think Ottawa fully deserved the win with full respect to my boys jav, tyler and MVP nik. Phil was right to say his Richmond team were the most aggressive – Ive never been T-boned with such perfection. I would have been proud of some of them myself. That said I saw plenty of tactical but not nasty t-boning going on. Its easy to make somebody put their foot down if you t-bone them at a low speed… I saw on several occasions players t-boning to gain an advantage but not to hurt the other player.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpapi

yeah the whole t-boning thing, like most polo rules, is subject to a lot of loose interpretations...basically, the way i see it, the guy with the ball going towards goal has the right of way. you can't put your bike in front of his in such a way he has no way to avoid crashing into it. crashes are obviously gonna happen in this way and when they do it's polite to take yourself out of the play until the person you just took out gets back up.

if that's too broad or simplistic for folks, they should stay off the fucking court.
    kisses,
    papiI'm going to eat your brain and gain your knowledge
    •  
      CommentAuthor0x000000

^ haha, tell that to aaron. but he blew me a kiss afterward, does that make it okay?what does he commute to clowntown on that thing
    •  
      CommentAuthorpapi

yeah...you can tell him. Aaron in polo mode is not to be fucked with.I'm going to eat your brain and gain your knowledge
    •  
      CommentAuthorpapi
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2008 edited

Again thanks to all the folks who put this tourney together. I especially want to thank everyone who traveled to play.
    I, and I am sure all of Boston Bike Polo, was humbled by the show of comraderie from NYC, class from Ottawa and belligerence from RVA.

With a random seed of 16 teams in a double elimination bracket, each city had a team in the final four. The Coque Bloquers went undefeated.
    We held a playoff game to establish third place.

1st Place: Ottawa - Coque Bloquers (Alexis, Robbie, Jen)

2nd Place: Boston - Judas and the Betrayers (Nick, Tyler, Jav)

Turd Place: RVA - Steel Horsemen (Dennis, Sean, Ian)

4th Place: NYC - BrenQuinnAul 1999 (Paul, Brendan, Quinn)

5th Place with three wins: RVA - Team Jenny (Phil, Steven, Jake)

6th Place with two wins: Boston/Ottawa/NYC - Super Spackle Monkey (Howard, Brian, Johnny)
    Boston - Satan Fingering People (Aaron, Jon, Tyler/Brendan)
    RVA -Team Andy/Galaxy Defenders/Dirt Stash (Bainesworth, Nick, Ben Z.)

7th Place with one win: Los Marcostan - Los Marcos (El Bueno, El Malo, El Gigante)
    Boston - Fuck! (Tim, Jamie, Ruben)
    Boston - BackStabbing Whores (Toby, Howl, Mike)
    RVA/??/Ottawa - Border Patrol (Zach, Josh, Carol)

8th Place with no wins: Boston - Shit Scissor (Brandon, Cole, Andrew)
    RVA - Shooter's Passion (Andy, Sean, Zach)
    Boston/Germany - Bomb Pop (Kat, Lauren, Markus)

DFL: Boston - Team Teddy Bear (Eric, Jeremy, Ben)I'm going to eat your brain and gain your knowledge
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike

Thanks for throwing this. As soon as I paid my 5 bucks I turned my left and saw a girl I went to school with in Georgia that lives in Richmond[girl behind me to the left]. I haven't seen her in two years. After a few games she came up to me and said, "man, Boston plays dirty." I have a severe sunburn on my ear that turned into a massive water blister.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl

Yeah- thanks to javier, jon and kat, etc for all the work they put into getting this together and pulling in so many out of towners. Looking forward to the second annual south side tournament.Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    • CommentAuthorHowardR
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2008

^ Yes quite a well organized contest.

We should think about mixing it up with NYC more often to get our skills up. I admit I learned a few things from Ottawa and NYC. Maybe we should head down there once a month for practice?
    thank you so much to everyone that helped - offering their houses to guests, calling the shots as point judges, and everything else.
    Jav missed a few awards:
    The sportsmanship award - los power! - went to Los Marcos. Three sweet chinatown swords with scabbards.
    The out-of-town alliance award went to Richmond - a MD20/20 for each team. Well deserved!
    MVP's: Jen from Ottowa - scored the tournament winning goal, just one of many amazing shots.
    Jake from Richmond - helped hold his team in 5th with great play all around
    Nick from Boston! Wooooo! He rocks! Too many amazing plays to list them all.
    And as stated above, DFL went to Team Teddy Bear, who went scoreless in both matches but managed to hold the second match up to 0-4. Great job guys! Here's what they won:
    guess what
    •  
      CommentAuthorkiddo katsu
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2008 edited

also, jarrett lost his phone charger. so if anyone finds one let me know.guess what
    if anyone has pictures and video to share, please send it this way. I'll be putting together a recap video this week and would love to use your stuff!guess what
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2008

just found my camera's usb cable, so here are some pictures from the tournament.

Tyler shows richmond how to use the boards.
    Photobucket

Quinn leveraging the hook vs ottawa.
    Photobucket

Ballarina action.
    Photobucket

Post tournament bike repair. Is this full service or what?
    PhotobucketTroglodytarum is latin for troll