Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorPugatch
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2008 edited

Didi is moving back to Texas at the end of August to pursue a career with her newly earned Master's degree. We are looking for someone to move in for Sept 1st.

1st floor
    Rent: 410/415 a month: 2 of us pay 410, 2 of us pa y 415 we take turns
    Utilities: about 10 a month for internet about 10 a month for electricity heat is oil 100 2x a year usually We don't have cable
    Room Available: not the smallest room!!! I have that. You get what is now Kirsten's room
    Bike Storage: You get 1 hook in the living room
    Washer and Dryer in basement takes quarters
    The other roommate is Christina who works at Bikes Not Bombs

Apply via me or Kirsten

we live right outside Inman Sq on the Somerville sideThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    only 1 hook?! what about those of us with 5 bikes?
    •  
      CommentAuthordirty bird
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2008 edited

5? only 5?

build yourself a kickass loft bed, and stow the other 4 underneath!
    dirty bird:5? only 5?

well 4 1/2 here in boston (fuji beater, mercier work, tarmac road, orbea track) and then a 1/2 built up guerciotti. i do have an old bmx in my garage at home that i'm trying to sell, but that doesn't count.

and i do have a loft bed! it's a fucking mess as it is though i suppose there'd be room to hang bikes underneath.
    •  
      CommentAuthordirty bird
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2008

oh, well, i'll just shut my trap then.
    dirty bird:5? only 5?

ive veiwed your loft bed on your blog(?), i want oneride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)
    • CommentAuthorCole

loft bed + futon = best thing ever. basically just a bunkbed futon deal.
    •  
      CommentAuthordirty bird

yes, that was mine - it is pretty neat -but i think i went straight from building it to taking it for granted and skipped the whole appreciation phase. it's unfortunate, but i haven't been in my right mind in a while. have to work on that.
    also, being near the ceiling in august will be interesting. need to figure out some way to circulate air up there.
    •  
      CommentAuthortinhat

will you have an open house? i'm keeping an eye out, but i have no serious plans to move.
    • CommentAuthorPugatch
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2008

kilgore_trout:only 1 hook?! what about those of us with 5 bikes?

6 hooks in living room

kirsten has 1 bike I have 2 christina has 2 I keep 1 bike in my room so theres hooks for significant othersThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    • CommentAuthor.

and in a year I plan to get another bike but that one will be in my room.
    there's a small potential where I might put both bikes in my room in august. That leaves one more hook.
    • CommentAuthorPugatch

so the easiest thing to d is if you are interested come to kirstens bday party sat nightThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    •  
      CommentAuthorKitty

oh ! oh! i might wanna!bake em' away, toys
    • CommentAuthor.

^ dude you should!!
    • CommentAuthorPugatch

you better come to the party kitty and it'd be awesome to have you around more often manThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    •  
      CommentAuthorKitty

dude.
    I'll give you my number, and you call me on saturday. I don't get out till 11, but I would still be down,it's a matter of convincing my ladybake em' away, toys
    •  
      CommentAuthorg0balistik

I want to check it out but I am going to be in philly on saturday. too bad. me as a room mate = boring but, I can get bike stuff for cheap.
    g0balistik:too bad. me as a room mate = boring but, I can get bike stuff for cheap.

sounds like my kind of roommate!
    • CommentAuthorPugatch

I'm a bicycle mechanic I'm a great room mate to haveThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    •  
      CommentAuthorg0balistik
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2008

kilgore_trout:
    g0balistik:too bad. me as a room mate = boring but, I can get bike stuff for cheap.

sounds like my kind of roommate!

but gar, I like eating meat and dairy. You would receive constant ridicule from me.
    i'm not a vegan just lactose intolerant. i love the taste of murder and suffering.
    kilgore_trout:i'm not a vegan just lactose intolerant. i love the taste of murder and suffering.

nice one, gary.
    • CommentAuthorPugatch
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2008

im vegan and kirsten and vegetarianThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    •  
      CommentAuthorCasper

kilgore_trout:i'm not a vegan just lactose intolerant. i love the taste of murder and suffering.

Lactards unite! Solidarity bro.I cut it three times and it's still too short!
    • CommentAuthorCole

^ im lactose intollerant real bad.. favorite food pizza and cheesy bean burritos. i need to try vegan cheese, i have never had it.
    Vegan cheese = barforamaWord nerd
    •  
      CommentAuthormur

i'm intolerant of lactose-intolerant people.

go move to France or something. stop taking up my beloved dairy shelf space with your fake dairy products.~(..,)~ (oYo) make whoopee not war (oYo) ~(..,)~
    •  
      CommentAuthortone

^ France must be hell for the lactose-intolerant. They have the best cheeses over there. Oui, OuiWe are the small axe.
    •  
      CommentAuthormur

tone711:^ France must be hell for the lactose-intolerant. They have the best cheeses over there. Oui, Oui
    ~(..,)~ (oYo) make whoopee not war (oYo) ~(..,)~
    vegan cheese is great if you like your cheese to taste like stinky feet that stepped in crap and vomit.
    mmmmm... *drool*never say die
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

it's hard to find a good vegan cheese.

but if you're lactose intolerant, you can get soy cheese that's pretty good. i've used trader joe's soy mozzarella to make a delicious pizza with tomatoes, garlic basil tofu mash, and spinach on the trader joe's pizza dough.

the difference between the soy cheese and vegan cheeses is that some soy cheeses use casein, a milk protein. whatever it does, it makes it taste better than your average vegan cheese and it doesn't affect lactards.
    •  
      CommentAuthorg0balistik

this is the housemate thread, don't turn it into another vegan shit party.
    • CommentAuthorPugatch

its my thread and i love vegan shit! i hate all vegan cheese except whatever tj scallywaggles uses and theirs is AMAZING

so yes back to roommates

landlord talked to us blah blah blah the other day and we three and whomever is our newest roommate all have to sign a 1 year lease before end of july so hurry up fuckers!Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    i used to live on pizza and ice cream, then it stopped, now it sucks. i eat an ungodly amount of vegan ice cream and love veggie planet (though the times i go are few and far between sadly). i haven't done the grasshopper buffet in a while since i don't feel like going by myself...HOWEVER i do love the taste of meat and all the innocence and suffering that comes with it if only it became acceptable to eat people (any companies want to start producing soylent green?)

back on topic:
    i'm a good (read: quiet, keeps to myself, anti-social, just wants to do bike stuff) roommate. who will take me?
    • CommentAuthorPugatch
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2008 edited

back off subject (hahaha) im not an anal retentive vegan i have brooks saddles on all my bikes and I buy meat and cook it for friends. I don't care if you cook steak on my pans. just wash them when you are done. I don't eat meat cause it tastes gross to me. I love honey and want to burn in vegan hell. I don't wear leather shoes or belts and I wear lots of wool cause its AMAZING

so don't let me being vegan turn anyone away from moving in.

im always down for grasshopper, bhuddas, tj scallywaggles or veggie planet.

we order from spice and rice and cafe kiraz around here alot and i eat at punjabi daba way too muchThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    •  
      CommentAuthorKitty
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2008

oh man i wanna move in! but i gotta talk to my lady, which is hard to do.bake em' away, toys
    • CommentAuthorPugatch

why? she wont let you live with girls?Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    •  
      CommentAuthorKitty

I live with her.bake em' away, toys
    ^ i didnt puke on you dude. it was some cunt that was over the house i guess. you should beat her up.HUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!
    • CommentAuthorPugatch

Kitty:I live with her.

you want to move out of your lady's place hah good luck trying to stay together after doing that!!!Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    •  
      CommentAuthorKitty

hah,yeah, your telling me.If we break up,we break up,but i need something else to be going on right now. less having to come home, more hanging out!bake em' away, toys
    •  
      CommentAuthorg0balistik

I may have found another place in somerville. I should know if it is for certain by the end of this week.

If it doesn't work, I will let you know.
    • CommentAuthorPugatch
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2008

looks like danny rocks is moving is after a unanimous voteThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    welcome back, danny.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

w00t!dongpincher 1000
    • CommentAuthorPugatch

nothing against you lovlies that wanted to move in. it was first asked first interviewed and we love danny. and so do you.Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

DANNY why don't you tell me lovely things like the fact that you're coming back to boston?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorg0balistik

on a similar housing note:
    I am moving to somerville and need to sublet my current place in east watertown.
    its $550 + utils, free laundry in basement and bike friendly. if you are interested let me know.
    lease ends aug 31st so you can stay or go after that.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

Pugatch is 49x18:its my thread and i love vegan shit! i hate all vegan cheese except whatever tj scallywaggles uses and theirs is AMAZING

so yes back to roommates

landlord talked to us blah blah blah the other day and we three and whomever is our newest roommate all have to sign a 1 year lease before end of july so hurry up fuckers!

You obviously haven't been there lately.
    Holy shit did they go downhill fast.
    I almost died after eating there tuesday.
    I'm never going there again.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    • CommentAuthorPugatch
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2008

mrotown: You obviously haven't been there lately. Holy shit did they go downhill fast. I almost died after eating there tuesday.I'm never going there again.

yeah not since the new yearThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world