Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2012

dagnabbit! anybody been sippin' some tasty suds up in dis? the sierra nevada celebration is goin' down ol' 'nops pipes right regular these long nights.
    though i'ma suckin the smutty tit as we speak. (finest kind IPA).
    amongst others.
    but i feel them hops! IPA's and all.
    even in winter!
    what're ya'll drinkin'?
    beerwise?
    these days.
    I just had some Stone Lucky Bastard, the casked Arrogant Bastard. It was really good.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2012 edited

amazeballssomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2012

^WTFballs?
    hunh?
    tell me about this.
    I'm drinking a lot of Jack's Abby - Jabbybrau and Hoponius Union. Also Baxter Stowaway even though they were rude to me at the brewery.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2012 edited

it's a polish beer, got it in dorchester off boston st, $2 per bottle.
    ive never tasted anything like it, it's modestly light with a soft, sweet finish, the internet describes it as malty.

descriptionsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2012

^not my cuppa.
    am presently suckin' down IPA's. smutty "finestkind" and sierra nevada "celebration".
    "nop's all 'bout da hops!
    hops. hops hops.
    oh yeah!
    man o man do i not likee any sweet in my suds.

HOPS!

did i mention hops?
    Not a huge fan of that celebration but the finestkind is great.

Just finished enjoying this:
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2012

^maine beer co consistently puts out fantastic beers. Peeper is the best pale ale on the market, and lunch is up with the best ipas. Plus, they offset all energy usage with green alternatives. Great company, great beer.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    love me some zoe and some lunch, haven't tried peeper yet but will asap.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2012

^^where didja get the maine beer? i like to taste the lunch.
    Mine was a gift from my awesome coworkerfriend. I'll ask her.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    liquor world in porter usually has one or two of their brews available, though they don't distribute a ton of it so it's always a toss up. five horse tavern in davis may even have lunch on tap right now.
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

i've seen it in seijo in the south end. (japanese restaurant that has a bottle-shop attached...near cnr of washington/mass ave).
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

brunop:^not my cuppa.
    am presently suckin' down IPA's. smutty "finestkind" and sierra nevada "celebration".
    "nop's all 'bout da hops!
    hops. hops hops.
    oh yeah!
    man o man do i not likee any sweet in my suds.

HOPS!

did i mention hops?

I hereby request you change your username to "brunhop"Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    We get Peepers at Brookline Liquor Mart, plus they have it at Trader Joe's in Coolidge Corner, so maybe they have it at the one on Mem Drive too?

related: I am trying my hand at making beer-pretzel caramels, and boiling finished beer smells like the worst kinda ass.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2012 edited

found two of these in my parents' basement, they said i could have them.

opinions?
    somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthortristan

^I've not had it, but my research says its a "strong saison" - weighing in at around 9%. The higher alcohol content means it should have aged relatively well. You'll be missing some of the hop notes that make a good saison, and you've got a risk of it being over-carbed. In all likelihood, it'll be a bit of a bitch to pour but it will still taste delicious. Enjoy, take pictures, and let us know!ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    awesome, i'll try to remember some shots. thanks for the thoughts, supposedly it's been sitting on a shelf for about 2 years, so we'll see!somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2012 edited

smells delish. tastes great. i wish i knew how to "talk beer".

somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2012 edited

trader joe's has maine beer company zoe.

i also can't recommend wine emporium in the south end at tremont/dartmouth highly enough for beerz. wide selection, lower than average prices, nice staff. the columbus ave location is smaller and not nearly the selection as the tremont one.gone
    brooklyn 1, it's the same style as a duvel.
    anyone know all the country's fixed gear forums? would be interested in an inter-state, multi-forum beer swap.
    Totally forgot to come back. Add Charles St. Liquors to the list of places that carry Maine Beer Co.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2012

sean - that looks pretty darned good, and looks like it poured well. great find!ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2012

seanile mick:smells delish. tastes great. i wish i knew how to "talk beer".

why's it in a pussy glass?
    it was that or a plastic cup.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2013

so there's some jank packy down on cambridge street goin' toward the courthouse that sells that portland thingy that brews what they call "lunch". an IPA. and some jack's abbey. they had that too.
    i think jack's abbey's thing is lagers strictly. black lager. hoppy lager, etc.
    me? well hellz bellz. . .
    ol' 'nop's a effin' IP to the effin' A, mofo.
    but i can get behind these niche lager guys.
    these jack's abbey cats.
    good on 'em.

my take?
    IPA is like bikes. the diamond frame is "terminal technology". IPA is the same for beer right now.
    so don't brew up more IPA if yer a new brewer.
    IPA is as great as it's ever gonna get. don't try and re-invent the fuckin' wheel. beerwise.
    but there's some room for lager playin' about.
    and jack's abbey is messin'. . .
    hiccup. . .
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2013

IPA is played.
    it's as good as it's gonna get.
    and that is VERY good.

so all you hipsters nanobrewin'?

in everett. i see you!

let's just keep the 6 pack price point down to under ten bucks.

k?
    maine brewing company is who makes lunch and it's friggin delicious.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2013

Current beer of choice:

Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2013

^+1000I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    Jack's Abby is taking very well executed traditional German-style lagers and revamping some of them (smoke and dagger, hoponius union) and leaving others trad (Jabby Brau, Lashes). I dig it.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    tinyhonkshus:Jack's Abby...I dig it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjterb
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2013

Checked out the Jack's Abby brewery/drank all their beers a few weeks back. Definitely worth the trip out to Framingham.

And to the other homebrewers on here: anyone interested in swapping beers? We can work bikes into that somehow. This is bfixed after all.
    stony brook liquor store in JP has smuttynose pumpkin ale out the wazoo. i don't like it that much, but it's there if you want to taste the fall again.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsourman
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2013

ehh idk about beer from that far back, would it still be good after 3 months? There's mixed results...

but god i'm a fiend for pumpkin beer
    they said they got the very last shipment of pumpkin ale that the company sent out, idk when that was, but i doubt it means early novembersomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    jterb:Checked out the Jack's Abby brewery/drank all their beers a few weeks back. Definitely worth the trip out to Framingham.

And to the other homebrewers on here: anyone interested in swapping beers? We can work bikes into that somehow. This is bfixed after all.

i'm interested! i've got a red in bottles right now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2013 edited

tonight's selection.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2013

jack's abby,
    framingham.
    thank me later.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2013

^ did you just go to simple Phil? That's how we found that place, it's hidden pretty well but their beer is good."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2013

Jack's Abby has decent distribution around Boston - BLM in Allston carries a bunch of their stuff. It's remarkably cheap for its quality.

The most interesting part (to me) is that everything they make is a lager, and is fully flavored and delicious. Jack's Abby has really opened my eyes to what a lager can be.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2013

may day! man o man!! it's gettin' to be good beer drinkin' weather!!!!

yall been out to jacks abby brewery in framingham? cuz it's a nice ride out there and the brews are fantastic!!! ol' 'nop's out there all the time gettin' his growlers on and samplin' the lagers!!!

and yall been to the harpoon big ol' taproom beergarden hissy on da waterfront? cuz dat place is da jam as well!!! wrap yer mitt around a few pints and get yerself a pretzel!!!!

BEER!!!!!!
    ^This sounds like a TSB ride in the making.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthortinyhonkshus
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2013 edited

the UCI Cup races aren't good for making funny names out of...Hell of the Seaport? L'Enfer du Seaport?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2013

went out to julio's in northborough:
    beer
    Perpetual IPA is Mrs. Fries' favorite.

This weekend I had Long Trail Centennial Red, LT maple maibock, Maine Beer MO, and a Heady Topper. (And a lot of inexpensive bourbon.)

Actually Heady Topper might be MF's new fav.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    You been in VT or you got a source to tell us about?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    We were in VT, had lunch at Long Trail. The Heady Topper was a coincidence, we didn't make it to The Alchemist but MF's stepdad happened to have a can.

Word is they have/had Heady Topper at Lord Hobo, off the menu. This is like a week old though so it may be gone by now.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D