Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2013

hopsv
    lol, don't go confusing those twoi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2013

10-4, honky!

Just got this from a co-worker. Know nothing about it. She wants me to drink it tonight but maybe I should let it sit?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    welp, their website calls it a barleywine, and the name means "bombs and grenades" - as a German speaker I can't tell if that's obvious or not.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2013

heady topper

got me some! pretty much not over-rated. kinda DEE-LISH.
    niiiiiceDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    tonight me and a few people will be going to a place called patrons in allston if anyone wants to come through at like 10pm.Fixed Gear Nyc
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2013

Brought some back from Wisconsin :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2013 edited

Yum,picked up some New Glarus when in Madison a few years ago. Heard they're open to criticism due to using corn syrup solids or some such business?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2013

Yum. Wisconsin beers are great, and I love how more places have good pretzels, or at least they did at this place in Madison I've been to a few times."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz

Spotted Cow is my go-to when I'm out there visiting my girlfriend's family, so since I was driving back I grabbed some of that and the IIPA before I left.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz

Cheez:Heard they're open to criticism due to using corn syrup solids or some such business?

From the Q&A section of their website:

Q:
    Does New Glarus Brewing Co. use high fructose corn syrup in Spotted Cow?
    A:
    No. We have, and always will, strive to make pure and honest beers for our friends in Wisconsin. We use corn (not high fructose corn syrup) in the Spotted Cow to reflect Wisconsin, as there is a lot of corn grown in our area. Traditional brewers have always used indigenous ingredients in their beer. Our process reflects our countryside. Most of our beers are made with 100% barley and wheat malt, but (as the label states) Spotted Cow does have a touch of corn. Because we buy so much malt and so little corn, corn is more expensive for us. We do NOT use high fructose corn syrup. That is used in soda pop, not beer.
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2013

Went to Vermont. Drank a ridiculous number of different beers, came home with a selection of bombers and a pallet of Heady Topper. Aww Yeah - hop rich.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2013

tristan:Went to Vermont. Drank a ridiculous number of different beers, came home with a selection of bombers and a pallet of Heady Topper. Aww Yeah - hop rich.

please invite me over!
    DUDEDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorpaul jameson
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2013 edited

Today's the 39th anniversary of Ten-Cent Beer Night.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    Kind of hilarious that people showed up already drunk and with T-bird when the beers were so cheap.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2013

L1060492

my haul.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2013

ya know what i revisited? anchor liberty ale. not the "steam" beer (which i'm not wild about), but the liberty ale. still a classic!

man o man, is this great beer drinkin' weather.

oh yeah.

jack's abby.
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2013

what the hell is this
    gone
    ^that's...unsettling

Anyone know off-hand a store that carries Kentucky bourbon barrel ale?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2013

wine and cheese cask.gone
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2013

i brewed an IPA (wormtown stylee!):
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2013

^nice! What does wormtown style means? did you use one of the rentable brewhouses? Give me a picture in the glass!ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2013

homebrew

wormtown brewing recipe. here in a jack's abby glass. turned out pretty dang good!
    good beer drinkin' weather these days!
    Looks great!
    brunop:good beer drinkin' weather these days!

Absolutely. Pale ales and pilsners for me with this heat.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    That reminds me: the honks recommends North Coast Scrimshaw Pilsner, and while we're at it, Brooklyn Pilsner. And this is from a long time pilsner hater.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    Will try.

Just finished a 6er of Troegs Pilsner, was good. Their Pale Ale is probably my favorite though.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler

^yeah? Troegs is the one craft brewery I can't get behind. I don't know if they use their own strain of yeasts of something, but there's SOME THING in my beer that I don't like whenever I have one of theirs. The Pale Ale is the one I can drink (a friend brought over a twelve mixpack) but it's still got that mysterious tinge of "ehh!"

I've been on Maine's Peeper Saision -- now that's good warm weather beer! Also whiskey and ice.
    WELL FUCK YOU THEN

I actually get what you're talking about. I don't like all their beers, but the ones I do like I really like, for the most part. I also support them 'cause they're from my hometown (Harrisburg, PA), although a couple years ago they got too big for their space and moved to Hershey. Still, close enough. Have you tried the Perpetual IPA? It's MF's favorite, but we've had trouble finding it lately 'cause apparently it keeps selling out.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler

GO BACK TO PENISVANIA!

I have not tried that one, but a quick check on beer advocate tells me if my palette is half what I think it is, I should like it.
    Had a sierra pale with lunch. Such a good standard!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

tyler:^

I've been on Maine's Peeper Saision -- now that's good warm weather beer! Also whiskey and ice.

that maine beer company or whatever is for the fuckin' birds. 7. 95 for a fuckin' pint at the packy? i won't even pay that in a bar. (which is why i hate deep ellum. but that's not the point here). vastly vastly overrated i say.

fuck maine beer company.

i went to jack's abby this afternoon and picked up a growler of cascadia fo 12 bucks. that's how ol' 'nop rolls!

out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I seriously can't tell if you're retarded or not sometimes.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    I don't see this turning into the flap when someone called someone else autistic a long time ago, but you probably shouldn't call him retarded.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler

$5 for a pint seems pretty fair to me
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

^it's 7 and a half. at the packy. i haz math.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

also. i are nit retraded. up in sid. okee?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha!

love, 'nop

but for real 7 bucks?

lets stick together.
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2013

^I get taken care of at my bar ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2013 edited

IMG_4661

sometimes i get a hankerin' for the old stuff. anchor steam beer i'm not that wild about. but the liberty ale? i been drinkin' this off and on for years.
    (best bottles!).
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2013

tyler:^I get taken care of at my bar ;)

what bar? i get taken care of too. at sacco's. all i'm sayin' is give the wworkin' man his suds at a fair price. and give said workin' man a honest fuckin' pour. i like head, don't get me wrong. just not excessively on my beer. in bars. is this all too much to aks?
    'Nop...how often you at Sacco's? I live super close. I need to put a beer to a name, I mean, a face to a name (or both) at some point.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2013

humulus lupulus
    • CommentAuthortristan

Good lookin hops! It looks like its real close to harvest time...ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I was just given a can of Heady Topper for my birthday. I'm thinking about tossing it out unopened.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    i will stab youDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthortristan

and then I will twist the bladeascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

Untitled
    homebrew. last coupla weeks.
    somebody turn the lights off on this place already.