Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2009

brittle:victory hop devil, can be found most places that sell more than just 30s. really good, but golden monkey is still the most delicious, in my opinion.

doublebag kicks your butt cause its more %s alcohol! but it tastes so smooooooth. As a vermonter, i have a special love for all long trail. at their brewery you can get little samples of their 6 beers in glasses that they serve in a muffin tin!

Gonna have to agree here. Hop Devil has been my brew for the past year. Wallowing my way around to finding something new and still delicious...
    Also, what I miss most about leaving Vermont:
    ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2009

suckin' down some of that nastyass canadian swill:
    pt. pelee
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2009 edited

So...I'm at the Melt right now, this beer is tasty (dogfish nut brown). Cheers, 'nop!

Edit: Holy Toledo! $1 off drafts Sunday after 9! $2.50 for a pint of Guinness...Fuck yeah.
    woo Victory, PA represent.

i'm happy Troegs has been making inroads up here, my hometown. Their nugget nectar is awesome. AND i just discovered that Whole Foods (at least the one on River St. Cambridge sells some ABC, also from Harrisburg. yaayDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    i had victory esb a while back. i enjoyed it thoroughly.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    there is a new victory beer (see previous page), it is called wild devil and tastes pretty good. they used to have it at roadhouse bbq and i know they currently have it at publick house.
    • CommentAuthorgemathy
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2009

beer people/brunop, from thrillist:

Roadhouse's Otter Creek IPA Draught Night
    7-9pm, Thursday; 1700 Beacon Street, at Williston; Washington Square; 617.487.4289
    Vermont’s Otter Creek Brewery is sending both a new brewmaster and their freshly created Imperial Series IPA TO RCB’s draught launch event, which'll also include samples of the Ben Gleason's Organic White Ale, Russian Imperial Stout -- hey, you'd be stout too, if you had 50 men whose only job was to make you borscht.
    Get at all the newly launched Imperials at OtterCreekBrewing.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2009

last evenin' sittin' outside my crib:
    evening ipa

june is ipa month.
    • CommentAuthorbrittle

every month is ipa month! to all: check out pretty things if you haven't yet! support local (mid priced) beer! nd with a name like baby tree, its gotta be good.disco visp
    • CommentAuthorgc

bruno- hunt down some mcneill's imperial ipa, long trail brewmaster's double ipa, and some of the rock art brews. i bet they'd be right up your alley.

also, if you ever find yourself in vermont, grab a growler of the shed ipa. good stuff.gone
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2009

^right on, mang. i'm diggin' the cali ipa's of late. stone, racer x. for some reason i'm not really diggin' on sierra nevada's new ipa, torpedo though--surprisingly unhoppy. but my everyday go to ipa which i love like a son is our own local (well maybe 30 miles up the road) ipswich ipa. man i love that stuff. i'm probably their best customer. great road ridin' up that way as well. they're openin' a brewpub up there too. 'sposed to be openin' around august i think.

trinity ipa from providence is good too though i haven't had it for awhile.
    pluckypurcell:there is a new victory beer (see previous page), it is called wild devil and tastes pretty good. they used to have it at roadhouse bbq and i know they currently have it at publick house.

+1, though i'm not sure i'd drink more than 1 at a time. it's a flowery hop devil.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2009

jamaica plain. last night:
    beer haul
    • CommentAuthordub
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2009

Anyone know where I can get a growler refilled in Allston?I have a two part question: 1. Why is he doing that? And 2. Should we light him on fire.
    i've been all about sierra nevada pale ale. many thanks to hanna for my introduction to it.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorhannaelise
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2009

I rule.
    truth.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    sierra nevada +1

i am on such an IPA kick lately though. i have eaten straight hops and enjoyed it.

right now i would love some nugget nectar.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorbrittle
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2009

long trail has released a special edition double IPA. i drank it up at the brewery, and it was very excellent, hoppy and crispy. unfortunately, one of my roommates DRANK the one i brought home, as he raided the house for anything and everything alcoholic. he drank my beer, that i won't be able to buy again this summer, when there was a drawer full of PBR in the same fridge.disco visp
    miracles:ground control to major bummer
    You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    not much of a hops fan these days, I enjoi them, but over-hoppiness is not a quality I appreciate in beer.

that being said, Southern Tier's INIQUITY is a beautiful dark, smokey blackened ale with a very hoppy (but not too hoppy) finish. Imagine a porter as soon as it hits your tounge, and a pale ale by the time you swallow it. Beautiful.

9.0% aint too shabby neither...I summoned it with my moustache...
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2009

fixin' to do some comparison tastin':
    2 great beers
    uneaaaarrrthllyyyyy mmmmmmm.

i also like racer 5 but haven't had that sierra nevada. let us know how it goes/went!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

actually, the unearthly came in a distant third. racer won.

but ya know what? our local ipswich ipa rules over all. head n' shoulders.
    really?! Racer 5 is good, it's my go-to at the publick house when i can't decide and i'm not in a belgian mood (if am, it's maredsous 10)DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

belgian brews are the only beers i don't like weirdly enough. i drink american IPA ninety percent of the time. smoked porter the rest.
    • CommentAuthorbrittle

^i want to drink beerz with you.disco visp
    ^me too. 'nop do you like the smuttynose porter? my fave.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    yeah, i can't get down with belgians. i mean, sometimes the mood strikes me, but rarely.

also: racer 5 ftw. i think it just beats out dead guy for my favorite beer.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorunit

Has anyone tried thoes 1/2 gallon jugs they started selling at allston food and spirits? I think the brand name is oma or opa or somthing. There supposed to be super IPA I think.
    Opa Opa IPA?

i had this recently...somewhere...Picco maybe? Anyway it was good, not super hoppy though. IIRC.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

i'm gonna ride my SWEET FIXIE to jerry's and get me some racer 5 tonight.
    oh rad, I didn't Opa Opa was available outside of Western MA - their brewpub is the jam.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    • CommentAuthorbrittle
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2009

this is cool... there were 2 empty growlers of opa opa in this apartment that i've moved in to, now i can get them filled!disco visp
    •  
      CommentAuthorggreggg
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2009

some whole foods sell opa opa. river st could order you some if you asked.enjoy two cosmetics
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2009

areyouamemberofELF:some whole foods sell opa opa. river st could order you some if you asked.

shit's ok, but if yer gonna ride yer SWEET FIXIE to fetch some, check the date on that stuff. i got a sixer once and it was flat and stale. it's pretty good when it's fresh though.
    • CommentAuthorPLyTheMan
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2009 edited

Okay, everyone ready for the best damn beer I've ever tasted?

Brewed right up in Portland ME. So goddamn delicious. Generally don't like most wit beers, but Allagash is my exception.

Also, 'nop, nice to see you reppin the Tuckerman! Whenever I'm looking for a sixer and the store has the Pale Ale it's my default.

Edit: Also, if any of you ever get up to Manchester NH, I highly recommend Strange Brew. The bar is about two blocks behind the downtown strip and its awesome. On Sunday and Tuesday nights they have half off draft and half off appetizers. About five or six of us will go up, we'll each have at least three or four rounds, and usually about three or four plates of appetizers. Our bill? Usually about fifty or sixty bucks. Split up we end up paying $10-$15 each for a night out. Oh yeah, they have around 50 beers on draft. The music aint bad either. Apparently they don't have their beer list up right now, but check em out: Strange Brew
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2009

i know it's kinda like a chili's or appleby's, but i've started diggin' on rockbottom brewpub in the theatre area. for reals. i had the ipa (a couple actually) and the shits the shit! and if'n ya join their mug club (for free) ya get 20 oz. for pint price. and if it's the "brewmaster's special" it's only like 3.25! for 20 oz.!!!!!!!!!
    ^The secret to that place is ordering the beer tasting sampler. It's like ten bucks for SO MUCH BEER.Word nerd
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2009

good times!!!!!!!!!!!!
    beer haul

harpoon on sale at my packy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    how much? and where? worth a trip?You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009

^rockbottom in the theatre district. it's like drinkin' an an appleby's but the ipa is very good. i ride around til i get all thirsty and then pop in for a few. nuthin' like it. and join their mug club (it's free) and ya get yer brews in 20 oz glasses for the same price as pints.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJefforLOCK
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009

high life foreverr
    •  
      CommentAuthorstinkbomb
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2009

for less than a dollar, you can score a 24oz can of this stuff, up here in New Hammy, where way say pffffff to the deposit...and taxes.....and everything else, cos we're twing-diddle-ding-du-du-ding-ding-dingggg

..that's a $5 ten-pack, over
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2009

Gotta new mission; I need to find these beers!

anyone like bieres mandrin?

• CommentAuthorgrev
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2009

^^ pete, let me know if you have any luck with finding those, as i am now also interested.not another pitcher!
    • CommentAuthorgrev
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2009 edited

pete! gigantic:

just found this @ bauer wine & spirits.

edit: it was excellent.not another pitcher!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2009

Today was one of those days I should have ridden a hell of a lot, but instead I went to the liquor store bought some beer, and sat in my studio pretending to be productive. It was awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbshea81
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2009

just getting my beer on with my bros tonight:

fool me once, shame on me. fool me twice, i guess im into trannies