Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

are you fucking kidding.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorspinorama
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009 edited

A fine sampling of the beers I catalogued in Europe last year

Eat it Fenway

Edit: This is a liter of Carlsburg lager that I purchased at a Hertha Berlin match!In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
    my contribution to eurobier day in teh beer thread:
    P1010015

My brother is drinking Hofbräu helles, I am drinking apple juicei mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorspinorama
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009

i know those persons!!!!!!!!!!!!In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
    • CommentAuthorgrev
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009

@ bauer wine & spirits:

"Other Recent Arrivals/Gift Suggestions:

» De Ranke Père Noël~$13.99(750ML)
    » Malheur 12~$17.99 (4/11.2-oz)
    » Jolly Pumpkin La Roja~$11.99 (750ML)
    » Pretty Things Babayaga~$7.99 (22-oz)
    » Weihenstephaner Gift Packs~$19.99 (5/500ML plus glass)
    » Christmas in Belgium Gift Pack~$24.99 (5/330ML)
    » Chrimay Grand Reserve~$100 (3L)
    » Stone Double Bastard~$90 (3L)"not another pitcher!
    i made mulled wine last night.

ayhsmb.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    Looks like PBR is making it through the recession quite well, thanks to dirty hipsters.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Does anyone know where to get Trout River beer around here? Specifically the chocolate oatmeal stout? I've looked at Blanchards and several suburban liquor stores, but no dice.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBach~ez
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2010

full moonmrotown: U lock them by the neck to a street sign!
    X-posted from the nom nom thread- Yuengling released a limited run bock for their 180th anniversary. Anyone had it? I'ma try and bring some back when i go down to Harrisburg in a month. Apparently there are some Yuengling fans on here so if anyone wants some i'll see what i can do, dunno how much room we'll have in the car.

edit: i realize the post is from last year, says 1/2 barrels only, etc but i have it on good authority that it's available this year (as a seasonal) and in bottles.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    ^dear god yes.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2010

front racks are handy (i only had enough dough for a 6):
    ant and hops

ipswich IPA. my absolute favorite beer!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2010

^I approve.

Last night was a bit drunk due to $4 Baby Trees
    • CommentAuthormauspad
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2010 edited

not the IPA, but this is in honor of ol' 'nop. FOR YOU.

•  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2010

^hahahahaha!! i love you guys!!! get yer mitts on the IPA as well. any ipwsich is great!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2010 edited

Okay, Ipswich is the shit. But I picked up a 12 pack sampler this weekend and when I got it home I noticed it was called a "Yacht Mix" on the box. It actually made me a little uncomfortable.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    ^you...you don't have a yacht? yeah, that is a little uncomfortable...i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    ^^Well you're supposed to drink it on a boat, while doing mermaids and riding dolphins.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2010

I mean, I've got a skiff... but it's a hybrid. I knew I was eventually going to embarrass myself in front of my boat friends.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    ^it's all good. when you get hit by a narwhal you can sue and upgrade.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    like this guy?
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2010 edited

ol' 'nop gettin his (free) beer on at the harpoon taproom a few evenin's ago:
    2010 Harpoon Brewery Boston MA

2010 Harpoon Brewery Boston MA
    Hey, you guys like beer, right? Haven't you heard, PBR is in the top tier of super cheap hipster beers. If you want some real fucking garbage, try Schaefer's. I drank one that had a cigarette butt in it AND I COULDN'T TELL.
    HA, had never heard of them before, but their tagline is/was:
    "Schaefer is the one beer to have when you're having more than one."
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2010

Shipyard Brown Ale

Fuck yeah.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2010 edited

moat

note the prices!!! me likee. i go here all the time.
    •  
      CommentAuthornadz
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2010

is anyone interested in checking out that new spot in brookline American Craft? They should have the goodnesses. only one way to find out! yes?and so on and so forth
    ^ drinkin hangtimes > dancin hangtimes

...am interested.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2010

Craft, you say?

Fuck yeah.
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler

just saw magic hat's spring out. figured it was warm enough today to let'er rip.
    pretty good, a little sweet for my taste, though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

tinyhonkshus:^ drinkin hangtimes > dancin hangtimes

...am interested.

seconded.
    where's the wine thread?

3 for $15 at stony brook.

siq!You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2010

anything magic hat makes is gross. worst beer from vermont.
    jinx is pretty ok, everything else sucks.gone
    • CommentAuthortristan

H.I.P.A. says you've got no taste buds.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

^^Agreed. Fat Angel was the only Magic Hat I ever really like and they stopped making it. Every other one I've had had tasted pretty eh to me.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthornadz

tiny, cdrebbel, pete, name a date and time. really.and so on and so forth
    I feel bad for the guy whose username actually is "tiny" =( wah wah. I hate dealing with beer joints on weekend nights, but mebbe Wednesday?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthornadz

works for me. yayayayayayayaand so on and so forth
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

grahambear:anything magic hat makes is gross. worst beer from vermont.

agreed. they try too hard. i love vermont, but their beer sucks. straight up. gimme mass. and nh. ipswich (hands down) and smuttynose.
    I'm gonna go ahead and say that I like #9, I think it has a good lightness and balance...I can never find other pale ales that mild. I don't taste apricot, though.

re: VT beerz - I will stand up in favor of trout river rainbow red. is tasty. and not distro'd in MA.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel

I like me some Magic Hat. No it's not the best, yes they might try too hard, but for something that is different and local, it's solid. Long Trail...different story. Much better and has a fine selection. I hope, 'nop, that you aren't hatin' on them, because it might come to fisticuffs.

Nadz, I can do a Wednesday.Fuck yeah.
    tinyhonkshus:I'm gonna go ahead and say that I like #9, I think it has a good lightness and balance...I can never find other pale ales that mild. I don't taste apricot, though.

re: VT beerz - I will stand up in favor of trout river rainbow red. is tasty. and not distro'd in MA.

Also a #9 and circus boy fan. I really love long trail however. My summer beer of choice is the blackberry wheat. Goes great with bike rides and all the fresh veggies and fruits I consume. The ale ain't bad either.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2010

i wanna like long trail. but don't. chemical taste. i love me some vermont though.
    i am a fan of Magic Hat's Lucky Kat. Otter Crack is decent, and i think Long Trail is great - lunch at the brewery is awesome, sit on the deck, order food, go splash around in the creek until your food comes!

But yeah, Smuttynose owns.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthortristan

Long Trail's Hefe atrocity almost ruins the rest of their beers for me.
    I will stand by Magic Hat's H.I.P.A. until I die.
    The truly good beers from VT don't travel too far - but if you get a chance to try some Rock Art brews, do so. The Ridge Runner is the most balanced barleywine I've had.
    Past that, what I miss most about VT (okay, one of the many things I miss most about VT) is Switchback ale. If you ever get near Burlington, have some. Your beer drinking life will never be the same.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that VT has some good stuff to offer. The big breweries don't do so well, but the little ones kick butt.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    ^^fair enough. Also been digging Rogue Mocha Porter as of late.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    trizzt:Long Trail's Hefe atrocity almost ruins the rest of their beers for me.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES, it like, makes me weep for the domestic hefe. Thank god for the Brooklyn Brewery.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF

You all bring up Magic Hat... and I counter with Victory Brewery... makers of the Golden Monkey and much much more... from just an hour away from me at home.

While yes, it is pretty over hyped, it's still a damn good bier. This has been my beer of choice since SurpriseFries suggested it to me. I get to represent my roots and enjoy a decent brew.

EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    ^good beer from PA! Golden Monkey is also one of the very few spiced beers i like.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D