Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorCole
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2008

raff I el:
    buckley!:
    Cole:leave worcester alone, place is amazing.

I can't get drunk enough to agree with that sentence. You take that back, sir.

"what we have here..."

aww yall dont know shit

fuck you :(

i should clarify, the place itself is an absolute shithole, no doubt about it. but there are a lot of great things and people there as well.
    maietta cycles, for instance.flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrobotbuilder
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2008 edited

Hunter S. Chompson:. . .titanium plate and ten screws holding my collarbone together make me that much closer to being a robot than the rest of you. . .

You loose.

I am more the robot.
    -robot[all your base are belong to us]
    • CommentAuthor.
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2008

newest accomplishment.
    went wakeboarding (tried too) for the first time yesterday
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

i have set foot in every east coast state as of friday.
    now to do it all in one day.
    • CommentAuthorCole

^ did all cept maine in 23 hours, suuuuuckkkkkedddd
    every state on the 'east coast' or every state on the eastern coastline ?
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2008 edited

pete! gigantic:i have set foot in every east coast state as of friday.
    now to do it all in one day.

on a bike?

Cole:^ did all cept maine in 23 hours, suuuuuckkkkkedddd

on a bike?gone
    • CommentAuthorCole

east coast is coastline, east is east.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

I've officially eaten mace and washed it down with PBR.dongpincher 1000
    I just lacerated the roof of my mouth with a rice cracker. I'm a winner.With relish!
    yummy!^HUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!
    ha! that'll learn ya.

this isn't my accomplishment, but my buddy jack got thrown out of the At the Gates show last night for throwing bottles at Darkest Hour.

at the gates fucking ruuuuuled.flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2008 edited

one time i saw the guy that did that sound track for about a boy(?) throw half drunk beer bottles at the crowd. he's the most metal singer song writer ever!

[edit] it was badly drawn boy, thanks imdb
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2008

^^jack crank? i miss that surly fellow.

i miss you too, dan.

i need to get my ass down to nyc soon...
    my x rays from wednesday, two weeks post surgery.

those are loose bone fragments between the screws. the plate is only holding the ends of my clavicle in place.flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2008

ohhh mr. bones.

glad you're healing up?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2008

^^haha, you're a cyborg!
    ^^^ looking good Dan. Is that permanent? I guess so....With relish!
    carioca fuckface:^^^ looking good Dan.

heh heh, i sure am...flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    Pulled this one off awhile ago. Compound fracture of right arm. To bad I don't have the post-surgery pics of the metal rod they hooked me up with. The only bad part was that the rod looked kinda like a cross. I aint down with JChrist hanging out in my arm.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthordestouches
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2008 edited

I twisted myself up and BAD :(

a month ago:

two days ago:

I've been told I may never be able to ride a bike again :(

fucking cagers
    looks like you can still ride cock pretty good.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    out of the saddle riding up new chardon i all of a sudden feel my front wheel stop and next thing i know i'm kissing the asphalt (and since i kiss with my teeth it was more of me eating the asphalt)
    my fork bent about 5cm straight backwards at the connection of the crown and steer tube so that the end of my tire is sitting behind the end of the downtube.
    i split my chin proper and chipped 2 teeth a bit. because the green line doesn't allow bikes i had to walk from government center to allston carrying my busted bike, swap out the parts, put neosporin on my chin, and then get back to work on a 1960's fuji i dumpstered. it's a 51 or 52cm so has about a foot of seatpost. buckley saw how ridiculous it looks.
    upon getting home my roommates girlfriend who works in the psych ward of a hospital (and is therefore the closest thing to a doctor in my house) said i should probably get (or have gotten) stitches since the skin is folded back a bit. i declined. instead it'll either be neosporin and bandaids for a while, or, if someone can tell me which is the non-toxic super glue that's supposed to be used for bonding skin together, i'll throw that on there.

list of bike parts i've broken NOT in a crash or accident:
    fork: while out of the saddle going up a hill
    steel axle pedal: while in a sprint
    titanium axle pedal: while just riding regularly
    steel axle in rear wheel: while in a sprint
    NJS chain and chain tensioner: while in a sprint
    TWO fizik arione saddle: split right down the center, horizontally, from regular use

it seems like all these mishaps should happen to someone who rides stupidly, or weighs 3 times what i do.

up next: probably handlebars, shearing the spindle off a bottom bracket, or having a frame collapse on me
    Sounds like you should stop buying used parts, or stop being your own mechanic. Seriously, that's what I had to do in order to stop breaking parts all over the place.Word nerd
    I'm never surprised when shit breaks because even though bicycle tools and parts are ridiculously expensive, in my opinion they are not really all that nice.oppinions like kittens
    They're even less nice when they have a hairline crack from the previous owner.Word nerd
    • CommentAuthorPugatch
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2008

dooshrocket:I'm never surprised when shit breaks because even though bicycle tools and parts are ridiculously expensive, in my opinion they are not really all that nice.

the high price is part supply demand but mostly its all consider "specialty" you can't get bike tools at ace hardware but you can get some tools that will do the job. 15mm combo wrench for 5 bucks is cheaper than a nice pedal wrench for 30-40 although the leverage gained by bike tools is worth it.

parts are cheap as a mechanic i can vouch that shit strips or cracks during installation and then we have to start all over again.

plastic cups on bottom bracket BAD IDEA yet its standard
    the part of the pedal you engage with a pedal wrench strips after the 2rd bike those pedals are on
    cables fray during installation or making adjustments

it sucks they can't make things nicerThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    yeah, black oxide finish and some plasi-dip; toy tools for your toy bicycle. I just glanced over at my road bike and the bottle cage is snapped at the weld, I guess it couldn't handle plastic bottle, or perhaps they didn't bother to heat treat it before shipping it off to america. I'm not trying to complain but from someone who works in the trades I have a considerable amount of money invested in tools (more than ten grand) but many of my bike tools are homemade or modified retired tools from another industry. 90% of all my bike parts purchased in the last 3 years were used, I really don't spend much at all on bicycle junk.

somehow I manage to get by, I guess that's my accomplishment.oppinions like kittens
    • CommentAuthormindchalk

i hit a cat the other day.
    how does that happen?
    i stopped, he was ok.
    an orange tabby.
    not too good at the dodge.out of true.
    • CommentAuthormindchalk

no cara.
    not the friendly tabby.out of true.
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2008 edited

dooshrocket:I'm never surprised when shit breaks because even though bicycle tools and parts are ridiculously expensive, in my opinion they are not really all that nice.

90% the time i use tools to work on my bike they are not bike tools. metric allen keys & metric box end wrenches are not bike tools, and that is what 90% of the fixin on my bike needs. i guess i use tire levers fairly often too. i have a hard time calling injection-molded plastic bits "tools" though.
    i also have a metric set of carburetor wrenches which work better than anything ever used to adjust old nutted brakes and the like.gone
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

I have given up on chain whips and use the roto-fix method for just about all cog removal and installation. that and a lock ring tool, a 15mm pedal wrench, and a set of allen wrenches are about all I use.this wont hurt a bit...
    i think i started this thread on the wrong note...

anybody do anything awesome lately?flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    ^ Did a few shots last night. Those were awesome.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2008 edited

Mmm. . . I'm working on a cure treatment for cancer.
    That's all.
    -robot

[edit]
    Oh, and I'm saving up to purchase an airplane.
    A real airplane.
    [/edit][all your base are belong to us]
    bot: i'd go with focusing on the airplane over cancer.

rob: it was professionally (i guess) installed. and i don't think the previous owner used the fork that much. pictures of the carnage soon
    • CommentAuthorraff I el
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2008

^so did you hit a pothole? or was it spontaneous total existence failure?Geryon was a monster everything about him was red.
    Gary: Cancer pays for airplane.[all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn

that's funny, i'm working on something that could potentially cause cancer right now. wanna hate each other?(moscow)
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

I am all for cancer cures, go to town boys/girls. No hating.this wont hurt a bit...
    yesterday I managed to fall twice off a boat and now I have a collection of bad bruises on my legs and a fucked up knee I've been icing ever since.With relish!
    •  
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2008 edited

Me & my airplane:

(Not really, most likely a Cessna 150, but this is to be a couple of years down the road.)[all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn

i watched a toddler fall down a small flight of stairs...and had a hard time containing my laughter. does that make me a bad person?(moscow)
    The girl from the human resources department just gave me a name plate for my cubicleits like watching a monkey swallow a hand grenade.
    • CommentAuthorboundgear

Robot, you're tall. You make that plane look small.
    • CommentAuthormindchalk

^its for flying dime bags in from mexico.

UNDER EL RADARO!out of true.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

I saw two blind people leading each other today. I couldn't help laugh. Going to hell.dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

grahambear:

90% the time i use tools to work on my bike they are not bike tools. metric allen keys & metric box end wrenches are not bike tools, and that is what 90% of the fixin on my bike needs. i guess i use tire levers fairly often too. i have a hard time calling injection-molded plastic bits "tools" though.
    i also have a metric set of carburetor wrenches which work better than anything ever used to adjust old nutted brakes and the like.

There's a lot of shitty tools out there for bikes because there's a huge chunk of the market whose primary focus is getting the cheapest stuff possible. Bottom feeders.

The companies making tools for the pro side of things make very high quality stuff: var, J.A. Stein, and even pedros
    That stuff doesn't look out of place in a bench filled with snap on and felco.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthortravisW

DannyRocks:I saw two blind people leading each other today. I couldn't help laugh. Going to hell.
    i used to live next to the Braille printing press, and i was standing on my stoop when my roomate jumped out and yelled "What's up Bitches", at the same time a "train" of 5 or 6 blind people were walking by, being led by a guy with one eye patch, and a hook for one of hands. i almost fell laughing at the situation.boooyah