Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

DannyRocks:I saw two blind people leading each other today. I couldn't help laugh. Going to hell.

were they WWI vets?

raff I el:^so did you hit a pothole? or was it spontaneous total existence failure?

spontaneous out of the saddle going up new chardon st street failure. no pothole

YET ANOTHER ACCOMPLISHMENT FOR ME TODAY!
    riding home from work some fucking jackass makes eye contact with me, then full on tackles me (well, he ran into me with his arms out, as if preparing to make contact) i go down hard tearing up my elbow, shoulder, and knee and yell at him 'WHAT THE FUCK! YOU TACKLED ME!', to which he responds 'yes...they called me' and runs off into the BU science building
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2008

That pretty much tops it.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    yup.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    holy SHIT, some random dude tackled you?!

i wanna know what this dude looked like, that is tremendously fucked up.flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    • CommentAuthormindchalk

^yeah, i want to hear more.
    no skeleton stories please.out of true.
    SO my accomplishment is today being the 13th day of me not smoking. COLD TURKEY, no patch, no gum, just raw will power! who would have ever thought i would quit smoking cigarettes. :)ride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)
    i'm riding home from work to get ready to go to the track yesterday. i'm heading outbound on comm ave right after kenmore (at sherborn st). one lane is blocked off because of the BU-tification and for work on the T. there's a steady line of cars in front of me, some turning right onto sherborn, some staying straight on comm. i'm moving with the pace of traffic and about 10ft behind the car in front of me, and about 100ft ahead of the car in back of me. when i'm approaching the comm/sherborn intersection this kid makes eye contact with me and steps off the curb. then he puts his arms infront of him and just bolts fell speed across the intersection whereupon he sort of shoves/sort of hugs/sort of tackles me. i go down hard with him on top of me, sliding on the fresh asphalt for about 10ft. he pops right up like nothing happened and starts walking away, so i just yell 'what the fuck! you tackled me!' (i have a tendency to state the obvious whenever i'm hit). he starts walking away quicker and says something along the lines of 'yes, i know...they called me, i need to go' and goes running into the BU science/physics building at like 550-600comm.
    he was of average weight, around 5'9-10, glasses, asian-looking, cargo shorts, backpack, and an italian football jersey. he looked kinda nerdy but not full on or anything.

my left knee took it pretty bad, as did my left elbow. my left shoulder got a little road burn, and my thighs got pretty black and blue. i went home, tried to figure out what was dirt, asphalt, sweat, running blood, blood that had already tried, etc. i ended sorting all that out; cleaned and bandaged everything, and went off to the track.
    ilikeitfixed:SO my accomplishment is today being the 13th day of me not smoking. COLD TURKEY, no patch, no gum, just raw will power! who would have ever thought i would quit smoking cigarettes. :)

i would not have thought you would. but more power to you!
    how does it feel?
    i feel fantastic! i still want to smoke but im not giving in that easily.ride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)
    ^way to go, dude! (i love hearing these types of things.)You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

yay mark!
    being a heavy smoker for seven years did not really phase me until i realized how much better i feel with it out of me. hopefully it will continue this way, and noone catches me slipping.ride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)
    u-lock to the face if they do.

edit: XXX!You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorgone

So I took a dodgeball to the face this evening and now my military-issue eyeglasses are irreparably broken.

But I made it home to Ten Hills all the way from JP in the dark without being able to see.

And I got a closet full of replacement frames.

No Skin Off My Nose (except for the cosmetic scar at the point of impact).
    colin: you played dodgeball?! fucking awesome.

i was unaware those were military-issue glasses, but atleast they didn't break on you in the middle of a war.
    and i take it you'll be stylin' a new look tomorrrow?
    • CommentAuthorgone

kilgore_trout:colin: you played dodgeball?! fucking awesome.

i was unaware those were military-issue glasses, but atleast they didn't break on you in the middle of a war.
    and i take it you'll be stylin' a new look tomorrrow?

I guess I'll be wearing prescription sunglasses tomorrow.
    mark, good lookin' homeboy. i quit (for the second time) in february and every once in a while i want one really badly. i've slipped a little here 'n there, especially since crippling myself, but you can stick with it.

also, i'm hoppin' on the fung wah (maybe lucky star) tomorrow night and i'll be in 'n out of boston for the next few days. i still can't ride a bike, but i'm down to rip it up anyway. holler if yer on it.flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

gar i was going to go to that dodgeball! but i got to ian's shop later than i expected and i would have had to go from lower allston to jp to allston in an hour and a half for not-entirely-guaranteed dodgeball festivities. i tried to call kevin but opted not to go after there was no response.

now i wish i didn't punk out.
    man, i play dodgeball every day at work. y'all cats would go down.

/hype.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2008

i drank screwdrivers with jimmy page at heathrow airport. he sent his assistant to buy 'em. when we got to kennedy, i carried that doublneck guitar of his to his limo. he's a real nice guy. true story.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Yeah..

I shoulder-bumped Sean Lennon yesterday and didn't recognize him. A doorman pointed it out.dongpincher 1000
    colin kinda looking like the terminator today with his shades
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Unless his shades were an accomplishment, wrong thread!dongpincher 1000
    corner of St Mary's and Mountfort St my boy fractured his scapula...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2008

I know we're all about non-bike wreck accomplishments..

So, I made it almost all the way through a summer in NY without wrecking anything. That's one!dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2008

...almost?

not the sparkle beast!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

sparkly monstrosity is fine,
    Fork is bent all the way backwards,
    my head ain't lookin too good either.dongpincher 1000
    • CommentAuthorraff I el

^we'll have to compare cracked-face pictures--i pwned myself on a pothole last week & needed stitches on my chin.Geryon was a monster everything about him was red.
    oh, dear.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    Hunter S. Chompson:mark, good lookin' homeboy. i quit (for the second time) in february and every once in a while i want one really badly. i've slipped a little here 'n there, especially since crippling myself, but you can stick with it.

also, i'm hoppin' on the fung wah (maybe lucky star) tomorrow night and i'll be in 'n out of boston for the next few days. i still can't ride a bike, but i'm down to rip it up anyway. holler if yer on it.

i just came back from NY last weekend! i knew i should have tried to get in touch with you while i was there. :( haha

ps today is day 26ride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2008 edited

i got hit on asked for my digits by this dude outside of the coolidge corner trader joe's tonight.

he started out by commenting on my leg tattoo, and then after checking out my bike and such went on to call me a "warrior woman", tell me that i should have someone to "pamper me", and offered to take me out for coffee, buy me dinner, massage my feet, or let me kick him in the balls. apparently the last one has something to do with him being an accomplished martial artist?

"David has been teaching Jiu Jitsu, MMA and fitness for over a decade. His studies include a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu earned in 2003, time spent in Thailand for Muay Thai, and extensive exposure to boxing and wrestling. He has trained at numerous Gracie schools and in Brazil with Dela Riva and BTT --many of the pioneers of Jiu Jitsu and MMA.

In addition to numerous NAGA titles and the 1999 New England Gold, David won back-to-back gold medals at the Pan American Games for Jiu Jitsu in 2002 and 2003. In 2004, he was the only American on the podium in his division where he garnered the black belt Silver Medal. He has trained numerous MMA fighters for large shows including the UFC, as well as for local shows."

he told me i should google him to see if i'm interested.

i didn't know what to say.
    at first i thought you said that he hit you. i thought, "oh no, another accident for lauren." and then i thought, "what strange compensation." a reread changes the context completely.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorcindierock
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2008

conor!:at first i thought you said that he hit you. i thought, "oh no, another accident for lauren." and then i thought, "what strange compensation." a reread changes the context completely.

i thought i read it as he hit her too. i was waiting to hear a story about him like doing some martial arts something to her on her bike.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKitty
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2008

I made it home tonight!bake em' away, toys
    ratattack:i got hit on asked for my digits . . . he told me i should google him to see if i'm interested.

i didn't know what to say.

How about "yes"? Hell, I'll take a cup of good coffee from anyone!
    -slutbot[all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2008

i don't drink coffee.

try explaining that when you're working in a coffee shop and someone asks you whether you recommend the dark or the mild roast!
    ^Oh dear, what will we ever do with you? Are you going to be racing cross? (Placate me!)
    -robot[all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

that's the plan.

easterns for collegiate mtn are the weekend of october 11th.

i don't intend to go to nationals.

so as long as i can convince my parents that giving me some funds to EP a cross bike is an appropriate graduation present, and that i should get it two months prior to graduating...i will hopefully doing my first cross race the weekend of the 18th.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2008 edited

So, i managed to not break anything despite two bike accidents this week... w00t!

(well, a fork, but thats all. no bones)dongpincher 1000
    I managed to be retarded and fall in the middle of a sidewalk at about 15mph, causing me to go down like a sawed tree and bash the shit out of my hip and arm.

5 bandaids later and some limping now. :(But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    ratattack:i don't drink coffee.

try explaining that when you're working in a coffee shop and someone asks you whether you recommend the dark or the mild roast!

+1You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    I realized you can't spell fucking christ without "chris king"...oh boredom has set in.
    • CommentAuthorCole

i am an uncle now, and i didn't even have to put any effort in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggreggg

craigslist GBS: free

2000+ matchbooksenjoy two cosmetics
    ilikeitfixed:being a heavy smoker for seven years did not really phase me until i realized how much better i feel with it out of me. hopefully it will continue this way, and noone catches me slipping.

Updates, please! You still off them?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPanameM

i fell asleep in the sun.
    now my hand is tattooed on my stomach.
    woo

i miss my bikesnow
    sedition:
    ilikeitfixed:being a heavy smoker for seven years did not really phase me until i realized how much better i feel with it out of me. hopefully it will continue this way, and noone catches me slipping.

Updates, please! You still off them?

ilikeitfixed:ps today is day 26
    You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSoft T-Rex
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2008 edited

conor!:
    ratattack:i don't drink coffee.

+1

You silly kids and your not drinking coffee while working in a coffee shop, I never really understood that. I work in one and I drink way too much because of it. Though that should end because I'm done working there as of today.Hey, aren't you a dinosaur?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2008

It doesn't. I still drink too much coffee and I haven't worked in one since may.dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2008

well, i don't drink coffee regardless of where i'm working.

i do, however, enjoy the unlimited chai & rooibos lattes, chocolate soy milk, and crimsonberry tea i can partake of at ERC.