Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

^No offense Sparky, but I don't think I could handle you all hepped up on caffeine.
    -bot[all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthormur
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2008

normal spider

caffeinated spider~(..,)~ (oYo) make whoopee not war (oYo) ~(..,)~
    ^YEAHYEAHEYEAHYEAHYEAH!!![all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

robotbuilder:^No offense Sparky, but I don't think I could handle you all hepped up on caffeine.
    -bot

no one really can.

it's awful.
    • CommentAuthormeetball

RIDE THE MOTHERFUCKING REDLINE

FUCK MOTEHR FUCK LINE FUCK SHIT FUCK FUCK LINE FUCK SHIT REDLINE FUCK MOTHERFUCKFUCKSHIT MOTHER SHIT LINE FUCK RED FUCK RED RED FUCK RED SHIT LINE

THEY SAY DON'T DRINK MORE THAN ONE IN A DAY

THAT REALLY MEANS DRINK FIVE

FUCK
    • CommentAuthormeetball

STOMACH I FEEL YOU MOVING
    • CommentAuthormeetball

have you ever done cocaine? HAVE YOU EVER DONE COCAINE ON COCAINE>>!>!??!?!!!!?!!!!!one
    • CommentAuthor.
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2008

my rad accomplishment for the day would be finally buying this sweet sweet camera:

JEALOUS!^ that camera is soo sick, congratsride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2008

I was riding my bike 3 miles away from home with no way of fixing a flat tire (something I usually don't do). I decided it would be an AWESOME idea to try to jump up onto a curb.. so I rolled up to it, popped the front wheel onto it, popped up the back wheel, and PSHHHHHHHHHHHH landed it right on the edge of the curb, hello pinch flat. Great idea me. So I started carrying my bike home and after about a mile some nice people in a pickup truck offered me a ride home the rest of the way (THANKS PEOPLE!!!). I took off my wheel and check it out, it was definitely a pinch flat/snakebite flat. I got to use my peel and stick patch kit for the first time, and it seems to be working. The sidewall of my tire ripped a little too so I made a boot for it out of duck tape and some spare tube, hopefully it doesn't hernia and explode right away. Not sure how long it'll last, I should probably just get a new back tire (I could really use new ones anyway).

The best part was right after I did this I had a memory of when I was really little, my neighbor was riding my scooter and tried to do the same thing, the tube popped on the front wheel of the scooter as it hit the curb and I never got to ride it again!!

Lesson learned: Don't try to jump curbs when you have no idea what you are doing, 3 miles away from home with no gaurenteed way back if you pop a tube but walking with your bike in your arms.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar

anndddd the patch failed after sitting idle for an hour! woohoo. I put a new one on, hopefully this one lasts. They are the Park GP-2 Peel and Stick / Glueless patches.

Seems like tons of people hate these things and say they don't work. Another reason why I should NEVER buy ANYTHING before researching it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrobotosan

for patches i use rema top top. I've only had one patch fail and that was after a month's worth of riding on the rear tube.
    i usually carry a patch kit, 2 extra tubes, and a pump

those of you who know my history will alleycats understand why.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Fuck patch kits.

Anytime I'm gonna be more than 5 miles out, I carry 3 tubes and pump. Otherwise I dont carry shit if i can help it.dongpincher 1000
    if you have a backpack/messenger bag, then there's no reason not to carry all the tools you'd need for an emergency repair.

hell, you can fit almost all that stuff in a small saddle bag and a jersey pocket
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar

sigh.. now this second patch is leaking slowly, unless there is another hole somewhere. I could replace the tube with my only spare one, but the sidewall on my tire is messed up and I'm afraid that'll probably make the new tube flat in short order. I guess I'll just have to buy a new tire and a good patch kit.

I'm probably going to be replacing this bike by January or sooner, should I just get an inexpensive tire or spend the extra money on a gatorskin? I'm been trying to save money with this bike from the get go but its been VERY STRESSFUL cause all of the parts suck and I'm still learning what I'm doing with everything. What's a good place in the city to buy tires, especially 700x25 gatorskins if I decide to get that one?
    •  
      CommentAuthormur
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2008 edited

^
    1) just put in a new tube already. it's $5. in Harvard Square you can likely collect $5 in change in an hour just shaking a cup with some nickels at the bottom. patch kits are temporary stopgaps for getting home.

2) unless the bicycle becomes emotionally attached to the tire, you can replace the bicycle and switch the new tire to the new bike. heck, even if there is a bond there, they'll get over it. plenty of fish in the pond, so forth and so on.~(..,)~ (oYo) make whoopee not war (oYo) ~(..,)~
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar

Thanks mur. I ordered an Ultra Gatorskin tire, 2 spare tubes, and a floor pump w/ gauge so I can actually know what I'm inflating to. This should be good for now. Hope they get here soon :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2008 edited

Yeah, the glueless patch kits are worthless. A old-style patch kit is far better.Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2008

mur: patch kits are temporary stopgaps for getting home.

not really.gone
    Zomar:Thanks mur. I ordered an Ultra Gatorskin tire, 2 spare tubes, and a floor pump w/ gauge so I can actually know what I'm inflating to. This should be good for now. Hope they get here soon :)

you should get a hand pump or co2. you know, unless you like walking your bike home.

edit: this is coming from someone who doesn't use either, and who has only had a single flat. that's my accomplishment. that, and getting my flat 10 miles from both my destination and apartment, but 5 minutes from a relative's house.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    how can i tell dark, dried blood from asphalt underneath dried blood?
    taste it.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

i crashed friday evening. i am wearing a knee brace now.
    conor!:taste it.

i don't know man, drinking too much blood and i get a headache
    what's the purpose of it anyway? is it for legal stuff?

edit: i'm stupid.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2008 edited

conor!:
    you should get a hand pump or co2. you know, unless you like walking your bike home.

I almost always carry a hand pump, a spare tube, a patch kit, and tire levers, but I didn't have them on me this time. I wasn't really thinking yesterday.
    • CommentAuthorraff I el

kilgore_trout:how can i tell dark, dried blood from asphalt underneath dried blood?

if you're doing it right, you won't get a hard scab to begin with. Contrary to popular belief, cuts heal fastest and cleanest if you keep them covered and moisturized with an antiseptic cream, NOT if you leave them to dry in the air. Scabs trap all kinds of particles, retard new skin growth, and are prone to their own kinds of damage (picking at them, cracking, ripping them off on things). If you soak the cut, the scab should come off, and then you can neosporin +bandage it. actually, the johnson + johnson regular first aid cream also works really well.Geryon was a monster everything about him was red.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrobotosan

i got herpes from my bicycle.
    • CommentAuthorraff I el
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2008

you should have used a condom.Geryon was a monster everything about him was red.
    • CommentAuthorgone

^Are you sure it wasn't from riding a lawnmower in a bathing-suit?
    •  
      CommentAuthormur

instead of herpes, are you sure you didn't lose your thumbs in a tractor accident, and have your big toes grafted onto your hands as replacements?~(..,)~ (oYo) make whoopee not war (oYo) ~(..,)~
    mncplfreedom:^Are you sure it wasn't from riding a lawnmower in a bathing-suit?

that gives you ghonnorea, not herpes
    •  
      CommentAuthorrobotosan
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2008

raff I el:you should have used a condom.

but you loose pleasure
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

i've never used tyre levers. ever. and i've flatted my share. (and it is spelled "tyre" with a "y").
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl

depends on the tire. most, i can wrestle on and off with thumb power alone. However, i've got a set of nokians where even with a tire lever, getting the bead on or off is a pain- same for armadillos.Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    •  
      CommentAuthormur

howl:most, i can wrestle on and off with thumb power alone.

~(..,)~ (oYo) make whoopee not war (oYo) ~(..,)~
    • CommentAuthorChromeLugs

I got teboulleh of the day. I'm pretty psyched.I prefer 49x16
    • CommentAuthormindchalk

found a faded and weathered (though still comfy as hell) one of these today:

3$, at boomerang's...my girlfriend bought it for me. comfycomfycomfy.out of true.
    • CommentAuthorPugatch

I always carry a co2 with 2 cartridges, 15mm wrench, multiallenkey wrenches the aw11, 1 tube, patch kit, tire levers

so my accomplishment is I finally did a trackstand for an entire red light xgames here i come!Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2008 edited

I got this 15mm GearWrench Stubby combo wrench yesterday:

It was way more money than I would have liked to have spent, but it seems like the ideal tool for the job.

I like having a nice little "flat tire kit." I've almost got it all figured out. I need to decide on the best way of carrying my pump though, cause thats like 10.5 inches long or so, aside from just tossing it into my backpack.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2008

Pugatch is 49x18:I always carry a co2 with 2 cartridges, 15mm wrench, multiallenkey wrenches the aw11, 1 tube, patch kit, tire levers

'gatch (as usual) speaks da troof. be like a boyscout (though i never made it past second class). ya don't wanna be fifty or so miles out in da boonies and not have yer stuff. 'cept i never carry a patch kit, i just carry a coupla tubes. i'm lazy that way.
    • CommentAuthorPugatch

I was an Eagle Scout, BE PREPARED!

It's funny cause all of it is in my Bailey's Bag so even when I'm on foot in the burbs visiting family via Commuter Rail I still have it, my ulock, and lights in my bag.

I always carry patch kit and a tube because I have gotten flats in both wheels at same time before. I have to carry 3 tubes actually one for each bike :-( 700x23, 700x38, 650x23 cause I never know which bike I'll be onThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

^duder! ya rockin' a 650b whip? pics!
    i think it's his new paramount.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorPugatch

well there's that and my girlfriend rides 650s on her iroThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2008

brunop:^duder! ya rockin' a 650b whip? pics!

650 and 650b are not the same thing.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    • CommentAuthorPugatch
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2008

"571 mm / 26 x (fraction) / 650C tires

Very narrow tires in this size are used on some time-trial bicycles and high performance road bikes for smaller riders.

(Heavy, wide tires in this ISO size are used on older Schwinn cruisers and some Canadian bikes (26 x 1 1/2 F.12.)

There are no medium-width tires available in this diameter, just very narrow road tires and wide cruiser tires.

Frequently confused with the 559 mm size, since both are commonly referred to as "26 inch .""Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    ^Where can I find nice & narrow tires for my commuter mountain bike?[all your base are belong to us]
    • CommentAuthorPugatch
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2008 edited

commuter mtb i suggest go with something slick you can get 26 x 1.5 tires shitty Kendra under the pyramid name for like 15 bucks or some michelins for 30 or so. I love the Schwalbe Kojac's in the 35 or so rangeThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world