Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2013

Just got the OK to start as a transitional aid/substitute at the alternative high school I went to! It's been a goal of mine to work there since I graduated in 08'. Woo!
    • CommentAuthorben

Nice! Does that mean you're leaving your other job, or are you balancing both?I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    That's pretty great!i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88

Hopefully balancing both. My office is only about a 10 minute drive from the school, so it would be very easy to do both. Going to bring the idea of bumping my schedule up a couple hours to my boss when I go back in on Wednesday.
    tinyhonkshus:That's pretty great!
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    James, that is so awesome. I know you and I have talked about that for awhile, and was sumptin' you really wanted to do. Congrats!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

sweet dude!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

dora:^

also

you guys have accomplished not laughing at this
    that is a feat
    I THINK ITS SO FUNNY OMG

its the perfect Jersey SHore thingMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88

Thanks everyone! I think the stick and poke from Dora was good luck.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

haha hell yea :) how's that thing healing up?Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88

Perfectly. No issues at all. I keep forgetting about it and think I see a bug on me in the mirror ha.
    more stick'n'poke partiesDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    ^ Uhm...did someone forget to post something in the "BFG Rumors" thread???All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Someone hasn't been chilly willy drunk in quite some time.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorkatdaley
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2013

one year out from my cancer surgery. still here. this is the best I've felt in a long, long time.Behind my Game Boy™, I got game, boy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I'm glad you're still on the green side of the sod, Cait. Tonight, I'm toasting to your health.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

That's amazing! I have a close friend who just celebrated the anniversary of ending her radiation treatments (after surgery). Terrific milestone!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

chr|s sedition:^ Uhm...did someone forget to post something in the "BFG Rumors" thread???

??? cryptic!
    surprisefries:Someone hasn't been chilly willy drunk in quite some time.

LOL
    katdaley:one year out from my cancer surgery. still here. this is the best I've felt in a long, long time.

fuck yea cait! that rulesMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2013

can i brag for one second?

i won an award at work today for working my ass off lately and i get 500 bucks! :D :D :D SICK

/bragMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88

Congrats! What are you gonna do with all that loot??
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

Hell yeah! Doin' great!

Yesterday I rode from the south end to inman square in 12 minutes at rush hour. Forgot how fun that kinda thing was
    FUCKYEAHDORA.TUMBLR.COM

^I do miss (a little) flying from Central to B'line during evening rush hour, via BU Bridge/rotary.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorben

dora:i won an award at work today for working my ass off lately and i get 500 bucks! :D :D :D SICK
    SO MICH CRISTAL AT SECRET SATANI have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

wirktk88:Congrats! What are you gonna do with all that loot??

i'm gunna buy myself some hold fasts and take alex on a fun date :)

and maybe buy him a bear suit cuz mass health fucking sucks :( sorry babeMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

surprisefries:FUCKYEAHDORA.TUMBLR.COM

^I do miss (a little) flying from Central to B'line during evening rush hour, via BU Bridge/rotary.

omg that is an actual tumblr haha! ...a very weird one

by the time you guys come over for sectet satan our dilapidated house will be covered in gold leafMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    YES BONUSES ARE THE SHIT.

especially when it's like "you did this thing super well" and not just "its christmas, we have to do this BS"

Great jeorb.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    • CommentAuthorben

JorbI have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    Might x-post this to DQ's but I was cleaning clowntown today and found a crack. my seatpost goes way below where the crack is. I cut the seatpost at an angle for shits so that's why there's two lines on the image.

is this going to kill me? did this possibly happen when sean reamed out that seatpost that was stuck in there?

Should I weld it back shut?Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2014

unless you have good heat control and use TIG with heat sinks everywhere welding will most likely heat up and debraze the seat cluster. i welded a crack like this once and the seatstays came undone soon after and i had to weld those too. it ended up working, but was ugly. that might be a positive in clowntown's case.
    it will be easier to just use a long dong seatpost that acts as a seat tube brace
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

also reaming out seatposts is for suckers. god invented hacksaw blades for a reason
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

@craig: where is the tip?
    rock dathe:also reaming out seatposts is for suckers. god invented hacksaw blades for a reason

I'll let sean weigh in on how much work he put into getting that seatpost out of clowntown.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

at any rate, the shallow insertion of the current post is almost certainly the cause of your crack
    even when the lowest part of the seatpost is a full inch plus lower?Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

Keep in mind that clowntown was designed to be raced for a few seasons on smooth tarmac, the tubing and construction techniques are not hearty
    I tried lye, vices, hammers, general leverage, ammonia, flame heating, dry ice, hacksaws.. And it ultimately snapped off in a knurled meas. reaming got it done.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

1.5-2" of seatpost insertion isn't enough yo
    And now that i think of it, im pretty sure that crack was there when i had it. Albeit smaller.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2014 edited

^prolly, that looks like long term fatigue

re:seatpost, it's all about the blade

•  
      CommentAuthornerdo

^Whoa, you should sell those things.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    rock dathe:1.5-2" of seatpost insertion isn't enough yo

clarification: the tip of the seatpost is 3.5 inches into the frame. it is 2 inches past the end of the keyhole where the crack is.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Maybe I will get a replica of clowntown made and encase the original in some sort of clear polymer block.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    that hacksaw hack is sick.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    nerdo:Whoa, you should sell those things.
    somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

$20 each get at me
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

THIS HACKSAW MAY NOT BE FOR YOUWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2014

what's clowntown?

Wild guess: yellow and orange tri bike with green bar tape
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Nailed it. Gotta use protection with that bike; it's been around.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorryan t

I'm probably remembering a pic that someone threw up years ago...

How about a comprehensive list of owners?
    pretty sure it's:
    unknown
    karol
    baumann
    me
    baumann
    carter
    shah
    craig/blacklersomebody turn the lights off on this place already.