Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

awesome!

It's a tiny shoe for an infant that doesn't need shoes for walking yet.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2014

Why is it wearing shoes then?

(serious question)I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    yea, its like a more sturdy slipper. Soft bottom, not meant for walking. Just meant to protect tiny toes and look cute. I fucking love working on kids projects though, it's really nice to see the work i put into it go a long way and get a good reception.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    Warmth, looking fly, helps to get a toe grip for crawling and stuff. Owen mostly refused to wear shoes until he was starting to walk so we didn't use them much.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2014

that is so many babies. so very many babies, in your shoes!
    thats kind of the glory of my job; there will literally always be babies. And they will grow out of those shoes in a matter of weeks or months and have to buy more shoes. Until our whole species goes extinct.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    chr|s sedition:
    chr|s sedition:So, a producer/photographer who has worked for Time, New York Times, Wall Street Journal Magazine, Esquire, GQ, W, etc. approached me today with a new project he is working on. He wants to do an experimental (e.g. artsy) documentary featuring a fictional meeting of Leila Khaled (the "famous" plane hijacker), and Willi Graf. He wants me be historical advisor of the Graf side, and possibly even play the part. My mind reels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willi_Graf

Filming starts next week.

Finished 2nd day of filming today.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    PIIIIIIIIXXXXXXDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2014 edited

We request photographic evidence, sir.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2014

Alex, when you design a shoe, is it designing shape, construction and materials as well as colors and style? Ever design something and realize that it can't be manufactured?
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2014 edited

Every year I screen manuscripts for a pretty prestigious book prize. Five winning books get published by five different presses. This year, I apparently selected three out of the five. Super stoked!

(I realize this might sound confusing. The mechanics are thus: There are 3 screeners and we each read about 1,000 anonymous manuscripts and then narrow those down to 15 manuscripts each. Then, 5 major writers take those 45 finalists and pick 5 to win. It's pretty long odds that, out of 45 books to choose from, 3 of the 5 winners would come from my group of finalists. Hence the braggadocio.)Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2014

tl;dr Rob has great taste and everyone else agreesWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    joeyfresh:tl;dr Rob has great taste and everyone else agrees
    All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    wow, thats pretty cool actuallysomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    First 0mph fall in years, and first ever with clipless- had a few when I was new to clips&straps.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    rock dathe:Alex, when you design a shoe, is it designing shape, construction and materials as well as colors and style? Ever design something and realize that it can't be manufactured?

just saw this, my bad!
    Most of the time I'm just designing materials and color. For kids shoes, I'm usually working off an existing outsole and last (outsole is the bottom part of the show, a last is a molded plastic foot shape that determines the shape of the shoe) so its creating a new upper pattern and often a new way of closing the shoe. If i'm designing crib shoes, its a ground up sort of thing.
    Almost everything I've ever designed has had snags in manufacturing except crib shoes. It's a big learning curve but being a sewer myself I usually just ask myself if I could make it on my home sewing machine and if the answer is no, the factory probably can't do it. But especially with little kids shoes, theres always little things that turn out to either be impossible to recreate or are too arduous to mass-produce.

^Even, that almost happened to me yesterday with platform pedals. Put my foot down at a stop and my knee buckled for no damn reason. Caught myself though. You okay?'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    Oh yeah, nothing but a few scrapes and minor embarrassment!

I had 2 falls with clips/straps years ago, one was on a date and the other was at Longwood x Riverway during rush hour (so many witnesses).DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    MS Paint.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    surprisefries:Oh yeah, nothing but a few scrapes and minor embarrassment!

I had 2 falls with clips/straps years ago, one was on a date and the other was at Longwood x Riverway during rush hour (so many witnesses).

Gonna ask the wifey if she saw this.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Way more of an accomplishment for Mrs. Fries, but since she doesn't post anymore - nuBabyFries was born Saturday evening! He's great, MF is great, little dude came so quickly she did it without meds. Fuckin champion.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2014

surprisefries:...little dude came so quickly she did it without meds. Fuckin champion.

He's going to be a hit with the ladies when he gets older.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    You don't know how many times I've said something about him coming too quickly and NO ONE has made a "just like his dad" joke.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    PS I am still laughing at "we'll cure dong wait up," I'm glad you sig'd it.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I will be making that joke for forever, if it's any consolation.
    Sorry the rest of your friends suck.
    Also, Prometheus Halcyon Scion [last name redacted] is a strong name.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    He's going to be a hit with the ladies when he gets older.

(hetero) Assumptions.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Yeah, I thought about that as I was typing it. Decided it would be more fun when you chimed in to correct me :)We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    ^ faggot.

:)All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

[giggle]We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthordavidvanchu
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2014 edited

somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2015 edited

Today, I went to traffic court in the Bronx to contest a ticket I received back in August.
    I fought the law and... I won.
     photo tvb-notguilty_zpsed8d236b.jpg
    The thing that really puts a grin on my face is that I was the second-to-last hearing of the 20 or so people who were in my courtroom, and every single other one of them was found guilty. When I came up and presented my motion to dismiss (denial of the right to a speedy trial, even though they supposedly don't care about this in NYC traffic court), the judge glanced up at me from his usual looking-down posture that he'd taken the whole time, and gave me a big THUMBS UP.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    We endorse the above post.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    ^^Does this prove that our bike gang is in fact above the law?
    Yeah. So, I got KNIGHTED last night by the Imperial Court.

SIR SEDITION SPAKE:
    "NOW WHAT YOU GOT, KAPS LAWK JOE?
    I'M A FUCKIN' KNIGHT!"All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2015 edited

::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    ^ BOOM!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaolo
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2015

I just finished this project and took it for a spin tonight..

It's my mom's bike, that my grandfather bought when she was 11. It's a Humber Sports (Raleigh), date code on the S-A hub is 1954. Retail price was $99, this was definitely high-end for the time. It's been sitting in my parents' garage forever so I fixed it up. Completely disassembled the entire thing including the AW hub, cleaned and greased, and reassembled with all original parts (except for maybe one bolt).

Everything seems to be working now and it will be making an appearance on the tweed ride before I bring it back to mom.

There are lots of cool little details on these old Raleighs.. the Humber chainring looks like five people holding up the crank, and the fork is weird too. The brake cable, housing, and adjusting barrel came preassembled. Since they only had a few different frame sizes they could just manufacture those assemblies in all necessary lengths.
    ^nice pic! Really looking forward to seeing it.
    I finally graduated! I double checked! tinyhonkshus, MS!i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2015

WOOOO!"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthortristan

tinyhonkshus:I finally graduated! I double checked! tinyhonkshus, MS!

congrats!ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2015

Yay!We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2015

Terry the kitty reached a new level of stupidity by falling into the wall from the crawlspace upstairs. Luckily the people doing duct work were able to cut a few holes downstairs to get her out, she was 100% fine, and it was Nat who had to deal with it because I was at work. Guess who gets her own room while shit's getting done and until we completely dumbass-kitty-proof the place!

Post-wall Terry

The offending wall."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2015

Wonderful.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2015

My rear hub died the other day (just spun and spun). As I took it off the bike, it just opened right up. Never seen that destruction first hand before. click for biggerI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

I have been power-lifting pretty consistently for about 18 months now and eating lots of protein and it's really paying off. This week I was able to bench 225 for the first time, a lifetime goal I never thought I would achieve. I also below-parallel squatted 315, another goal I wasn't sure was possible for me. My total right now is around 905, I hope to be in the 1000lb club by next summer."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    damn dude. bravo.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2015 edited

6kidz:My total right now is around 905, I hope to be in the 1000lb club by next summer.
    What does this mean.

edit: clearly it's some combined weight total for your lifts, but what are the lifts (in layman's terms).I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

In powerlifting you are generally competing in three lifts; squat, bench press, and deadlift. Your total score for a meet is the combination of all three lifts, so you can be better at some than others. The 1000lb total is sort of a benchmark for the sport like riding your first century is for road biking.

Youtube has lots of videos illustrating the lifts much better than I could describe here. If you're interested in more information I recommend clips with Mark Rippetoe. He's actually doing an AMA on r/fitness,and is the creator of Starting Strength, which is a great training program for beginners.

You should come to Cambridge Strength and Conditioning and try it out! Text me and I'll go with you some time. Same offer stands for anyone else reading this, pretty sure you can drop in once for free. The gym is owned and operated by BFG's very own Obo and a bunch of other really nice people that will help you get started with your training."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."