Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorPugatch
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2008

So I was on the corner of Norfolk and Mass Ave waiting at a red light so I could take a left onto Mass Ave and hit up Central Sq...

I am in the left lane on the far left waiting for a good 30 seconds and a car hits me from behind.

I ask the lady why she hit me. I asked her why she didn't stop at a red light, I was waiting there not like I just stopped. I told her she needs to pay attention and drive more safe.

Her reply, "You need to be more safe" She spoke barely any english and after examining my back wheel and seeing its okay I waved her off.

That's my accomplishment for today, not ulocking some jerkoff for hitting me. I'm showing more self control. Now gimmie some chocolate!!!Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar

^^ I appreciate the way you handled that situation :)
    Pugatch is 49x18:commuter mtb i suggest go with something slick you can get 26 x 1.5 tires shitty Kendra under the pyramid name for like 15 bucks or some michelins for 30 or so.

reread this, pugatch.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl

robotbuilder:^Where can I find nice & narrow tires for my commuter mountain bike?

Hutchinson Top Slick 26X1" work pretty well. I also liked the specialized fatboy 26X1.25", though it's a bit wider.Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    • CommentAuthorbluedog

^ I think specialized makes a 1" fatboy as well.that's when I reach for my revovler...
    • CommentAuthorPugatch

conor!:
    Pugatch is 49x18:commuter mtb i suggest go with something slick you can get 26 x 1.5 tires shitty Kendra under the pyramid name for like 15 bucks or some michelins for 30 or so.

reread this, pugatch.

I don't follow... I tell many people everyday how to turn their mtb into a commuter cause they dont want to buy a new bikeThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    kenda = bike company.
    kendra = cupcake, who disappeared.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

conor!:kenda = bike company.
    kendra = cupcake, who found another fad, probably.
    dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

DannyRocks:
    kendra = cupcake, who found another fad. probably playa hatin'.
    The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    i washed my sheets today.

CLEAN SHEETS DAY DANCE!
    YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    • CommentAuthorPugatch
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2008

kenda kendra still both shittyThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    • CommentAuthoraimeec
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2008

i stripped the paint/decals from my boyfriend's pista yesterday evening and i managed to only burn myself once with the stuff i used to remove the clearcoat.
    haha

i swam through a swarm of jellyfish and i got a couple tiny ones caught in my beard this weekend.

then i rode from Ft. Tilden to Long Island City on a flat rear tubular tire.

awesome day all around.flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    • CommentAuthorPugatch
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2008

hell yeah man! awesome photoThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2008

Got a pinch flat. That in itself is not accomplishment worthy, but it ripped through the sidewall on my gatorskin. Used a piece of the old tube to kind of patch it, but that rip is still there, staring at me. So I guess kinda sorta patching my sidewall is my accomplishment.

Anyone got a not too fucked up tire they could throw me for a week?dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar

^^ What pressure was the tire at? Or was it seriously under pressure? cause the same thing happened to me last week and I ended up replacing the damaged tire with a Gatorskin.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Running about 100-110, nothing spectacular.dongpincher 1000
    i laced a chris king hub up to a rim I found in the trash.

i also used the top of my patch kit as a spoon to ravenously consume a tub of vegetable fried rice as I sat shivering soaking wet under a train bridge in lynn as the storm set in.oppinions like kittens
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasso
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2008

I had an amateur night last night and left my phone at the bar I was at (got it today). I left my debit card there too but they said they didn't have it. fuckersThere's always money in The Banana Stand
    • CommentAuthormindchalk
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2008

i took a digger in harvard square yesterday. green light crosswalk runner popped out in front of a stopped bus. i hit the ground pretty hard. he fled the scene without saying a word.out of true.
    • CommentAuthoraimeec

i started the process of doing my first conversion. i'm psyched. stripped the bike down; can't wait to actually get this puppy started.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPanameM

riding my "weird" frame with chewed up armadillos down mission st in mission in the rain friday or sat night, i managed to not hit a car/bus/wall/NU student
    i went into a skid as i started going down/fast, but i didnt actually slow down and ended up going down the hill with no way to stop. had i been sober it wouldve been a lot scarier.snow
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasso
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2008

always an interesting feelingThere's always money in The Banana Stand
    • CommentAuthoraimeec

mindchalk:i took a digger in harvard square yesterday. green light crosswalk runner popped out in front of a stopped bus. i hit the ground pretty hard. he fled the scene without saying a word.

my entire weekend seemed to be avoiding people in harvard square..it wasn't that much fun.. haha hope you're okay!!! i fell a couple weeks ago and dude that caused it didn't even stop too, that sucks so hard!
    • CommentAuthormindchalk

^yeah, i got a bit of road rash and a few sore joints...motherfucker should have bought me a coffee for managing to dodge him. i'd have flattened him otherwise.out of true.
    dooshrocket:. . .i also used the top of my patch kit as a spoon to ravenously consume a tub of vegetable fried rice as I sat shivering soaking wet under a train bridge in lynn as the storm set in.

That sounds oh so familiar, and fun.
    -robot[all your base are belong to us]
    after being back on a bike for a little over three weeks, i did the nyc century on a brakeless fixed gear bike yesterday.

everything hurts now.flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    • CommentAuthorBrian

I finally got myself a Brooks!

and I applied for medic school today.aka: ph0to
    CALLOU CALLAY!
    mr. bones is back on a bike!
    ph0to:...and I applied for medic school today.

Best of luck.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Hunter S. Chompson:after being back on a bike for a little over three weeks, i did the nyc century on a brakeless fixed gear bike yesterday.

everything hurts now.

awesome!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2008 edited

yeahhh bones!

edit: my accomplishment - homemade horchata! mm.
    • CommentAuthor.
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2008 edited

an accomplishment of all acomplishments

our house finally has hot water again after 2 months of no oil!!
    theres a story to it and nothing has to do with us being broke

cold showers suck.
    • CommentAuthor.

kendra = cupcake, who disappeared.

who changed her user name to fuckbikes then to ??
    whatever.
    • CommentAuthormindchalk
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2008

my buddy was hit by a cabbie last night in allston. broke his collarbone and the cab's windshield. he's "ok" but what's the name/number of that bicycle lawyer again?out of true.
    ^Somebody should post a list of all the bike-friendly lawyers. We should have a reference thread for things like this. You know, useful things.

Here's Jason and Fischer.Word nerd
    • CommentAuthorpete

ph0to:
    and I applied for medic school today.

Where at? PRO?
    • CommentAuthorBrian

pete:
    ph0to:
    and I applied for medic school today.

Where at? PRO?

yeah! A guy I work with now is in the program and swears that it is the best out there.

Ill take his word, hopefully get into it.aka: ph0to
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar

I was riding through the MIT area on Mass Ave in the bike lane and was about to pass a bus, when this guy out of nowhere runs into the bike lane and starts running towards the side door of the bus to get on. He's running head on towards me and I grab my front brake and when I stop, my wheel is between his legs. Then he does a little dance over my wheel and I guess gets onto the bus. The End.

Lessons learned: don't run into bike lanes in the direction of riders, using a front brake may one day save some frantic person's genitals & other lower organs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2008 edited

I won DFL at Metal Race 2 and got a tow hitch, a weird MKS hat, and a 5-inch nail cuff!

Thats my motherfucking accomplishment for the week.

On 2nd thought, leaving my helmet at the bar during the afterparty is up there too.dongpincher 1000
    dfl=danny for life?YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    i krazy-glued jack's arm together this afternoon before he went to the hospital and got a buncha stitches.

i have also already seen "burn after reading" twice.

aaaannnd i high fived danny casner.

that is all.flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    • CommentAuthorraff I el
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2008

^haha i was in your city again and still didn't meet you. that's like the opposite of an achievement.Geryon was a monster everything about him was red.
    I had a spectacular crash at the intersection of Beacon/Kirkland this morning, while doing a full out sprint through a yellow light. I think the cat to my right in the toaster was anticipating a green, and tried to mash-it-on. Quick over the bars while turning the front wheel too hard, lil' tuck-n-roll, a lil' hip, a lil' pelvis, and had time to see my bike continue it's olympic gymnastic tryouts a few feet in front of me.

There was a salad in my bag, which apparently got tossed pretty well, too.Do You KNOW Clarence?
    • CommentAuthormindchalk

^best accident report i've read in a while.

please take the time to rewrite all previous accident reports.out of true.
    • CommentAuthormauspad

^^the next time i have a crash, i want you to be there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSoft T-Rex

i fell down the stairs yesterday

its a narrow spiral staircase if that makes it any less lameHey, aren't you a dinosaur?
    Ok, so I kinda rode through the Copley Mall tonight. It didn't go over too well the security-type people.

I was meeting a friend for diner, who does not ride a bike. I was walking my bike along with him by CSC, and he said we should cut through the mall. So then I found myself walking my bike with him through the mall. At this point I thought, "Oh, man...I really can't pass this opportunity up." Right around the time I was cruising by Williams Sonoma, the boys in blue started having a little hissy, and my fun time was over. Well worth it, and I'll propose that route for the next CM. ;)All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    mindchalk:^best accident report i've read in a while.

please take the time to rewrite all previous accident reports.

I concur or something. DYK needs to be the official "iReporter" for the BFixed crowd. Too fuckin' funny.

Clarence: How the Pista come out of the tryouts? Everything in one piece? Make the team?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    chris sedition:
    I concur or something. DYK needs to be the official "iReporter" for the BFixed crowd. Too fuckin' funny.

DYKC :)

Clarence: How the Pista come out of the tryouts? Everything in one piece? Make the team?

Ashford and Simpson said it was Solid! (as a rock) and that turned out to be true, today.

I definitely think the Pista takes gold in any gymanstics hustle.Do You KNOW Clarence?