Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorcindierock
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2008

chris sedition:Ok, so I kinda rode through the Copley Mall tonight. It didn't go over too well the security-type people.

I was meeting a friend for diner, who does not ride a bike. I was walking my bike along with him by CSC, and he said we should cut through the mall. So then I found myself walking my bike with him through the mall. At this point I thought, "Oh, man...I really can't pass this opportunity up." Right around the time I was cruising by Williams Sonoma, the boys in blue started having a little hissy, and my fun time was over. Well worth it, and I'll propose that route for the next CM. ;)

did you atleast get to do a loop around the fountain in the middle?
    • CommentAuthormauspad
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2008

not an accomplishment of mine, but i saw someone riding down comm ave in the rain in one of those jointed full-leg casts with his crutches strapped to his bag.
    thats amazing.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    did you atleast get to do a loop around the fountain in the middle?

Naw, and I knew that was where I was gonna hit the riot-squad. They always have someone posted right near the waterfall, and that is the area where they nailed me. I was dying to drop a long skid (surface would have been so much fun for it), but I didn't want to push my luck any further than I already had. Next time. ;)All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrobotbuilder
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2008 edited

DYKClarence:. . . There was a salad in my bag, which apparently got tossed pretty well, too.

(Not work safe)
    I prefer syrup. . .
    -Robot[all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthortravisW
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2008

so i was showing someone "Ghost ridin the whip" on my bike. I jumped off the back, probably the best setup i had ever done, landing in a running stride. but, things started to go wrong when i couldn't actaully make full strides 'cause my pants where too tight, and started my gradual fall forward when finally i just lost it and went face first into the bricks. bruised and cut up my chin, scrapped my arms and ego. The bike went 50+ feet straight into a granite curb. so i am laying face down, i hear POW, TTSSSSSSSSSSS. i had to walk my bike home, in shame.boooyah
    • CommentAuthorhannaelise

^ bummmmmmer.
    For you Travis:

<3 Robot <3[all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Hah. Ghost riding the whip is fraught with perils. Ask lexseif!dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorLexseif

Ah yes danny... someone is referencing the time where he ghost rode his bike into me.... while I was half clipped in and standing over my bike. What a tangle that was. After yelling "DAMNIT DANNY" I proceeded to need help detangling myself from mine bike and danny's bike. haha goodtimes at CSC :)illiterate ramblings for cheap understanding
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasso

I had a similar mishap sunday morning at like 3 am during my drunken ride home from southie. I made it all the way to the end of my street fine. Decided to be a jackass and lay down a skid into my street. failed miserably, went down hard mildly scraped my face and knee something in my chest hurts and put the first scuff on my new brooks. some woman was behind me in a car and looked horrified. I had to smile and wave repeatedly for her to drive away. I think it looked like i went down hard. I just remember feeling my face slide across the pavement, however I walked away with a very small scuff thereThere's always money in The Banana Stand
    •  
      CommentAuthorPanameM

i never realized how fucking huge the heavy duty ford pickups were until one hit me and took off.
    <3 southie!snow
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasso

shitty. you alright?There's always money in The Banana Stand
    •  
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2008 edited

I designed my first complex printed circuit board.
    [all your base are belong to us]
    tonight was the first time in a long time i really rode a fixed gear. i had too much fun in the rain, went down, and bent my brand new fender. dang.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    ^BUT, you got up! At least you didn't have "2" flats tonight ;) *Eyeballs sideways to LHTrustme*Do You KNOW Clarence?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMatthew X
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2008

It was definitely 3!I wish everyone else were dead.
    hand slipped, turned and crashed into a PARKED car. right after it finished raining. and i bumped my head. so glad i was wearing a helmet. thank sarah palin bike is fine. phone is...YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    'you hit a parked cop car?!'
    •  
      CommentAuthorLHtrustme
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2008

Matthew:It was definitely 3!

Yeah, best night of my life...no one gets a shovel at this shit party!
    this was yesterday, but i think it might be the only scenario i can think where riding brakeless was actually *GASP* safer than riding with a front brake. Heres the story:

Riding down beacon street towards the Chestnut Hill Reservoir and entering Cleveland Circle (i know, two stories about CC in a day...I live near by okay?) anyways, riding near the the right back corner of a staples truck and hoping to move past it as it slows down for the read light at Chestnut Hill Ave... except it darts right over top of me into a parking space. Now, if i had had a front brake, I imagine in the moment i had before collision i would have probably squeezed the hell out of it, and flipped over the front (which i did once last year in a similar situation) leaving me still in the path of the truck's right side and now out of control and heading face first to my doom. However, being brakeless, I locked up, slid my rear tire out to the right and tried to make it around the back of the truck, quickly realizing this wasnt possible, i posted my right hand on the back corner of the truck, and stopped myself and my bike from slamming into it. Ultimately , i fell out of the clips, and bruised the HELL out of my palm, but it most certainly could have been worse...I summoned it with my moustache...
    i went into the back of a truck last valentine's day. it went to turn, then stopped, and i went into the back trying to get around. long story short.

then lauren brought me vegan chili, and i went to see the magnetic fields. it was awesome.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlukwam
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2008

conor!:i went into the back of a truck last valentine's day. it went to turn, then stopped, and i went into the back trying to get around. long story short.

then lauren brought me vegan chili, and i went to see the magnetic fields. it was awesome.

I was at that Magnetic Fields show at the Somerville Theatre! ;-)
    that show ruled hard.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    fender update: pedal caught the fender, ripped 4 or so inches off the bottom. these fenders will not last very long.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLHtrustme
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008

My mechanic didn't show up at my house, where my car was towed to, so I ended up taking a crack at it myself... ended up replacing the distributor cap, rotor, wires, plugs, and ignition coil and my car started running again! All things I've never done before. I felt VERY accomplished.

And MAN, fixing a Ferrari isn't easy. ; )no one gets a shovel at this shit party!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPanameM
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008 edited

people in somerville:
    watch out around sommerville ave where theres constructions, there are nails in the street.

a nail went through my tire, pierced the tube and got stuck in the spoke nipple.
    it had a pretty fat head too so it wasnt too hard to pull out.
    i saw at least 2 more though.snow
    On friday I jumped down the stairs in my apartment and clocked my head on the over-hang. It made me bleed. Bleed a lot. Like "Hey dude, you're dripping blood everywhere and your hair is red and uhhh..."

I have a nice scab there now. :(

Also I did a 0 mph fall for the first time in like a year.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008

I was splitting lanes on comm ave today cus of a truck unloading in the bike lane.. A kid (5-7 yrs old) stuck his head and hand out the window as I pasted by and smiled at me, I reached up and gave him a high five. All the kids on the bus around him started laughing and cheering, AWESOME!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSoft T-Rex
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008

^nice!Hey, aren't you a dinosaur?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2008

Stripped my lockring threads right off the hub while riiding downtown today. Made the drop, fred flintstone/ted shred'd my way home, replaced a spoke on my deep v and gave it a quick field true, abd made it back to work in about 75 minutes.dongpincher 1000
    • CommentAuthorFix66

when trying to dismount saturday night, my cleat wouldn't come out; one of the screws on the cleat fell out inabiling me to get out. I just took my other foot out and was fine, but every house I went to that night, I had to leave my shoe on the bike and walk around with only one shoe on. it sucked.Less fashion, more thrashin.
    • CommentAuthorPugatch

Finished building my first wheel ever

Salsa Delgado Rim
    Miche Track front hub
    36 spokes 2.0 butted
    Continental Sport Contact tire

it's for my 3 speed, now I gotta start the rear wheel (same except Sturmey Archer hub)Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2008

just a little tip regarding old three-speed hubs: The flanges on those things are narrower than modern hubs, so you need some spoke washers to make the J bend in the spokes match the width of the flanges. Otherwise, you'll have spokes breaking left and right.Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    • CommentAuthormauspad

Fix66:when trying to dismount saturday night, my cleat wouldn't come out; one of the screws on the cleat fell out inabiling me to get out. I just took my other foot out and was fine, but every house I went to that night, I had to leave my shoe on the bike and walk around with only one shoe on. it sucked.
    this is win.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

i heard that joshua nearly got impaled by his cross bike catastrophically breaking in three parts this morning while riding across a grass field...is robot all in one piece, despite bike not being so?
    WHAT?!

what the HELL are you talkin' about? for serious? whoa holy shit! i'ma call him.flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

yeah. i guess he's not as badly off as i initially heard. he (very fortunately) escaped injury.

his bike, however, seems to be a different story. the seat tube came out of the bottom bracket cluster as well as the weld on the seat stays coming off, and the seat stays were of the sharp variety. he noticed something felt off and slowed, and then epic fail went down. luckily, as he noticed the funniness and they weren't doing anything other than riding through grass at the time, he did not end up getting injured by the dismantling seat stays.
    • CommentAuthorBrian

My website got started...
    www.obamaLOL.com

and then we got an invite to have our pictures hung in an art exhibit and be auctioned off in NYC on the 17th.

COOLaka: ph0to
    ^^ I'm sure that's covered under warranty, after all he was just riding along...

jslashkoppinions like kittens
    i successfully sweet talked a totally rad chick into being my girl.

she's not on here but rides a dark green san jose with red griptape.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2008 edited

ratattack:i heard that joshua nearly got impaled by his cross bike catastrophically breaking in three parts this morning while riding across a grass field...is robot all in one piece, despite bike not being so?

Ha! I had a deluge of messages today checking if I was ok. . .
    While things could of ended in tears, it was in fact comical.
    Mayor Bonesington:WHAT?!

what the HELL are you talkin' about? for serious? whoa holy shit! i'ma call him.

Well now, I'm going to take this opportunity to ask if I can crash at your pad for BikeKill?
    dooshrocket:^^ I'm sure that's covered under warranty, after all he was just riding along...

I haven't had a chance to talk to the 'manufacturer' yet. I am truly bummed because I loved that bike, and felt it to be perfect. I hope something can be worked out. However, that is between Jacob and I and should not serve as Internets shit talking fodder, which seems to be par for the course 'round these parts.
    -Robot[all your base are belong to us]
    i was hoping you'd ask. i'm buildin' a swing tandem!flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    ^Fuck yeah! (I hope this involves sex.)[all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthorTomai

this one time, i gave change to spare change guy, fully knowing that he dwells in somerville at a veterans home.

and on a different occasion, i declined from completely ripping my exgirlfriend a new one after she dumped me and asked for me back, and that was in may. texts, calls, emails every week. and 20 minutes ago the crazy cunt sent me another text about how she is drunk and still completely in love with me and acted like nothing happened.

i would call that an accomplishment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasso

Robot, psyched to hear you are ok. terrible misfortune. on a materialistic note, real bummer about the bike. I only saw it during its early stages, but damn, a beautifully untouched frame. shame to see it go. by the way, I'm going to spectate the Gloucester cross race on saturday. Maybe see you there?

BassoThere's always money in The Banana Stand
    ^Yep, I'll be there. I picked up a used frame at C.B. and will have it built up in time to race, I hope.
    -bot[all your base are belong to us]
    i deactivated my facebook, possibly forever.
    the main email address is for a school i no longer attend, so.

that's exciting.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorFix66
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2008

^ that would definatley be an accomplishment!Less fashion, more thrashin.
    • CommentAuthorBrian
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2008 edited

I got this all set up finallyyyyy

Photobucketaka: ph0to