Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthormauspad
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2008

anti-accomplishment:

i'm riding up harvard ave in brookline when a woman opens her car door into the bike lane directly in front of me. i swerve, scream a little, and she (bless her heart) yells a very sincere-sounding "I'M SORRY!"

to which i automatically respond by shouting "SORRY!" right back at her. (subsequent internal dialogue: "wait, what did i just say??!!")

damn my family for conditioning me with demure asian girl manners
    BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAA

i did the same thing the first time i ever got doored.

it was a cab stopped at a light, and as i went to pass on the right, the woman jumps out of the back. i hit the door and the parked car on my right, and the first words outta my mouth were "oh my god are you ok?!"

the following words were

"...wait.

shit."flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    So I am cruising down Brattle St this afternoon. Like Sara Palin, they were spending a lot of money on a make-over of rough parts. Saks. Neimun Marcus. New asphalt. Some blinged out curbs. Put some lipstick on that pig. The street surface on Brattle was all torn up, construction trucks all over. Me, well, I had cast my sorrows down and was riding on the sunny side of the street. Then the "incident" took place. With the street all torn-up, you'd think I'd be paying attention to the road condtitions. Naw, not me. I was looking a tree, the pretty grass, maybe a cloud or some thing dreamy like that. So I didn't see the large section of the road that resembled a child's 12" deep sandbox. My bike hits the sand, the front wheel sinks, and the bike dives like a chinatown hooker. Now I 'm giving some pedestrian the "Damn right I can fly, motherfucker!" look as I go over the handlebars. Note to self: It's easier to see the trees and the clouds when your laying on your back in the middle of the road.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    ^That should be your new signature, "Damn right I can fly, Motherfucker!"Do You KNOW Clarence?
    • CommentAuthorlissaandy
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2008

I just got the most ridiculous pay raise I've ever heard of. With it, I plan to trick out my bike like whoa.

So not totally a bike accomplishment, not at all a bike-wreck accomplishment, but my bike will reap the benefits. Hooray!fuck art, let's ride bikes
    ^ Ok, so can't say "trick my bike out" and NOT tell us what your gonna get for it. Lou's Custom Exhaust? Neon lights? Nitrous? Gold plated spoke cards? Rims that keep going?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorlissaandy
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2008 edited

Bike stops, Rimz keep spinnin

I'm getting a new wheel set, a new saddle, and new pedals at least. Maybe a fender or two to help brave the harsh weather approaching.

OH, and hydraulics, of course.fuck art, let's ride bikes
    •  
      CommentAuthorMatthew X

Hit a pot hole while turning. Bent my fork. Knocked my wheel out of true. Bruised my hip bone. And shattered an unopened bottle of whisky in my bag. FAIL.

Fuck everything.I wish everyone else were dead.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLHtrustme

Matthew X:Hit a pot hole while turning. Bent my fork. Knocked my wheel out of true. Bruised my hip bone. And shattered an unopened bottle of whisky in my bag. FAIL.

Fuck everything.

AND bent your bars.

look on the bright side.... ummmm, it wasn't raining!no one gets a shovel at this shit party!
    after sittin on my SSP hubs for two months, Zach at Trackstar has finally finished my wheelset.

after having two destroyed and three stolen, i finally own clincher wheels again.

mission achomplished.flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMatthew X

^^I don't think that they're bent actually.I wish everyone else were dead.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLHtrustme

seeee, not ALL bad!no one gets a shovel at this shit party!
    Matthew X:Hit a pot hole while turning. Bent my fork. Knocked my wheel out of true. Bruised my hip bone. And shattered an unopened bottle of whisky in my bag. FAIL.

Fuck everything.

Oh, jesus. That blows. What kind of whiskey was it?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMatthew X

It was just Evan Williams (which was on sale), but it was just fucking salt on the wound(s). My bag and everything inside of it wreaks of bourbon now, and I had to throw out one of my school books :(I wish everyone else were dead.
    • CommentAuthorlissaandy
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2008 edited

^ If the book was "Rock Music Stylings", you can totally have my copy.fuck art, let's ride bikes
    •  
      CommentAuthorMatthew X

^WIN
    I kind of feel like that bird.

Melissa: Nope, it was my Harmony 3 notebook, which had all of my notes for the upcoming exam on Tuesday.I wish everyone else were dead.
    ^^HOLY FUCK!
    I'm never going outside again.[all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel

I hit Mr. Fail and reopened the same knee wound that has been plaguing me for a couple months.

Speaking of which. Any good way to remove blood stains from jeans?Fuck yeah.
    i ate an entire banana split from JP Licks in under 10 minutes and i didn't even puke.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthormur

lissaandy:Bike stops, Rimz keep spinnin

if you buy some spinnerz for your bicycle i could be convinced to have your baby.~(..,)~ (oYo) make whoopee not war (oYo) ~(..,)~
    surprisefries:i ate an entire banana split from JP Licks in under 10 minutes and i didn't even puke.

YES!!!!

i ate an entire one of these once and i demanded that my girlfriend acknowledge that this meant I was now the Mayor.flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    • CommentAuthorlissaandy

cdrebbel:I hit Mr. Fail and reopened the same knee wound that has been plaguing me for a couple months.

Speaking of which. Any good way to remove blood stains from jeans?

OxiClean. I have some at home. You can totally use it. Works like a charm!fuck art, let's ride bikes
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Blood is so punk. Leave itdongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorMatthew X

btw, thank you so much for stopping to help last night Danny. I was so out of sorts post-crash and I feel like I didn't express my gratitude enough. You rock.I wish everyone else were dead.
    most of my pants are covered in *insert whatever you feel like here because it's probably true* bike grease and blood
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

cdrebbel - you can start with cold water and soap. never use hot water on blood (or chocolate, for that matter). it sets the stain. also, hydrogen peroxide removes blood well. you might want to dilute it a little so it doesn't bleach your pants. oxiclean sounds good too.

mur - i thought we were adopting?

mayor dan - you're way too much fun for us to keep not hanging out like this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

I got hit by a bus, found out my foot is stronger than my crank, and managed to fix the damn thing, all for less than 20 bucks!

Go me.

So the way this works is thus...you convince a bus to pass you on the left then make a sudden sharp right hand turn, you pull a super hard right in order to avoid going under the back wheel, and then in the process you get your left foot stuck under the side of the bus. As you turn the full weight of the bus is mashed down onto your foot causing the left crank to BEND OUTWARD as your foot goes through the ringer, during this process you will be helplessly bouncing off the side of the bus (this is the most fun part in my opinion). Afterwards the bus driver is a total asshole to you so you put his face on the internet so everyone knows his is a worthless FUCKER.

this wont hurt a bit...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2008

Hmmm.
    If only you had some connections to a bike advocacy group- you could probably do something about that!dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

I know, right! Too bad the city owned bus company couldn't give a rat's ass about my demands, and I am not going to sue someone over 20 dollars...I did however file a police report.this wont hurt a bit...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

So znyone want a foot?dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2008

Lemme rephrase that: broke my damn ankle. Am now unemployed, kind of stranded in ny. Spent first 5 hours here with my red leather vest over my gown because they gave me an IV with it on.dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Lemme rephrase that: broke my damn ankle. Am now unemployed, kind of stranded in ny. Spent first 5 hours here with my red leather vest over my gown because they gave me an IV with it on.dongpincher 1000
    • CommentAuthorbluedog

^what the fuck happened? I would ask if you're alright, but clearly that's not the case.that's when I reach for my revovler...
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

danny! did bike kill kill you?! what the hell.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Hah. Bike kill was awesome, I'm just mad I had to miss the last few hours and afterparty. That, and the broken ankle thing.dongpincher 1000
    • CommentAuthormindchalk
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2008

i saw pictures of that. no good. no good at all.

in other news. my recent accomplishment was finally getting off my ass and finishing my polo bike.

if i had real priorities, i'd be done my lithography, relief, oil painting, and modernism work...which has been piling up.

but really, a polo bike > 10 shitty editionsout of true.
    My current accomplishments include (in no particular order)....

Doing well in all classes thus far this semester despite ungodly amount of reading (even for the graduate level) and a stressful schedule.
    Finishing my Guerciotti restoration, save for the pedals which will take a while due to some ghetto rigging needed.
    Mailing back my absentee ballot in time for it to be counted *assuming FL can manage to count things and not screw up this election*
    Actually participating in a fun bike ride last Saturday. Hopefully will be doing some the week of Veterans day as well. I miss seeing BostonFixed ppl!clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorPugatch
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2008

I learned how to play 53d and 3rd on the guitar. That's my accomplishment. Woot!Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2008 edited

I was coming back from grocery shopping a little while ago and all I needed to do to get home was cross over the train tracks on Huntington Ave, so I ride through the Red light because no cars were coming and start to go over the tracks when my front wheel slips into the groove of the track and I topple over, straight down on my side and my head smashes the ground. Thankfully I was wear a helmet so my head was okay and all that came from the accident was some scrapes on my arms and a little numbness. I wasn't being as careful as I should have been, and that is my fault, also I went through the light and that was partially why I was going so quickly, which is again also my fault. If I wasn't wearing a helmet though, I probably wouldn't be writing this right now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

^get a new helmet.
    • CommentAuthorPugatch

Glad you are alright Zomar. I hope I didn't fuck my bike up from my fall this morning, the steering is all tight nowThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    apparently some health insurance companies (mentioned was Neighborhood Health Plan) will subsidize/reimburse part of the cost of a bike helmet, anyone know anything about this?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthormauspad

^blt?
    surprisefries:apparently some health insurance companies (mentioned was Neighborhood Health Plan) will subsidize/reimburse part of the cost of a bike helmet, anyone know anything about this?

actually, depending on the manufacturer of the helmet, you might be able to get a new one for a discounted rate depending on their policy.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    mauspad:^blt?

shhhhhhhhhh :)DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorPugatch
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2008

I have Neighborhood through Commonwealth Care (the I don't make enough money so its free insurance), they just offer no name helmets that look lik ethey are left over from the 80s (all styrofoam not plastic shell over styrofoam and what have you and they are $8 bucks for kids and $11 for adultsThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl

Glad you're ok zomar.

Giro only gives 10% off MSRP for a replacement, and you can usually get a better deal without filling out any paperwork.

Really though, when i smacked my head into the pavement, and the helmet did a good job of protecting the ol brain, i wasn't inclined to dicker over the price of a replacement.Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    I FUCKING HIT A CAR TONIGHT WHO WAS MOTHERFUCKING TURNING RIGHT FROM THE MASS AVE BRIDGE ONTO MEMORIAL WITHOUT SIGNALING THAT BASTARD I SOMEHOW FUCKING STAYED UP ON MY BIKE I DUNNO HOW BUT IT WAS AWESOME

PHILLIES!!!!!!!! PHILLIES FUCKING WORLD SERIES!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

^^if only i had both of my cracked giros....