Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorCarney
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2008

started knitting a new scarf today!

I need new yarn :/I wish everyone else were dead.
    i tried to knit. i was no good.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

knitting is alright, but if (like me) you enjoy a real yarn craft you will CROTCHET!this wont hurt a bit...
    oh you manly men!YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    • CommentAuthorcindierock
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2008 edited

i don't like knitting on such big needles. i knit stuff on like US 2 and US 3 size needles with yarn that looks like glorified thread.
    • CommentAuthorBrian

I went to providence to get this...

Photobucket

and then on my way home I got this!

Photobucket

McWilbel.aka: ph0to
    Brian:I went to providence to get this...
    Photobucket

It's strange saying this, but we should have an Axis v. Allies Alleycat. Japanese, Italian, and German bikes vs US, British, and dare I say Russian bikes!clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

aw! brian if i didn't have a mad rat allergy i'd be all over your new friend.

hell. if i got a chance to, i'd be all over it anyway. and then just be really really itchy afterwards.

i had two adorable rats, flora and fauna, till it got to the point that i wanted to scratch my eyes out constantly.

my accomplishment was ghost-riding my new cross bike home on my track bike. i figured out how all these tiny bikes are getting stolen. apparently, tiny girls riding two bikes at once aren't the least bit suspecting. i was trackstanding and holding onto the cross bike at an intersection by BU and there were cops there. i was worried they'd question me, instead the one officer yelled, "damn, you're good at that!" as i rode off when the light turned green. and a little further up, a kid who (albeit very nice) didn't seem like the most savvy of cyclists rode up from behind me and offered me help. i was doing just fine, i don't know how he expected to help me, but...go figure. no one acted suspicious about it.
    Matthew X:started knitting a new scarf today!

I need new yarn :/

This is less cool and imaginative a post then you thought... and cocking your eyebrow like that doesn't add enough sarcasm to posting a pic on the weberz to make you less gay for doing so! Yupperz!
    • CommentAuthordeeznutz
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2008

^yeah, strike a pose with a cigarette again. i love seeing people post pictures of themselves
    •  
      CommentAuthorCarney
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2008 edited

Calm down girls, I'll make your scarves next week.I wish everyone else were dead.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2008

Managed to not lose neither my cane or hat during the race.Fuck yeah.
    • CommentAuthorlissaandy

cdrebbel:Managed to not lose neither my cane or hat during the race.

but you left your eyelashes on my bathroom mirrorfuck art, let's ride bikes
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel

That was on purpose. I amuse only myself.Fuck yeah.
    Found out yesterday I passed that Bar Exam thingy.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrobotbuilder
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2008 edited

^Oh that. . . This thread is for real accomplishments, like riding home blackout drunk without crashing!
    (Seriously though, congratulations! I hear that the MA Bar Exam is more difficult than other states. Is that so?)
    -Robot[all your base are belong to us]
    • CommentAuthorlissaandy
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2008

WOW awesome Chris! Congratulations!!!fuck art, let's ride bikes
    • CommentAuthortara k
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2008

I just did a survey on biking in Boston:

Survey: Help Us Find Out What Motivates Cyclists

MassBike is cooperating with a Tufts University graduate student to research cyclists' motivations for biking in the Boston area. Please help contribute to the research by taking a quick, anonymous survey at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=gaMbvE7VCMoLO2gh1Ioz6A_3d_3d. If you have any questions feel free to contact emily.kuross@tufts.edu. Thank you for your help in making Boston better for cyclists!
    robotbuilder:^Oh that. . . This thread is for real accomplishments, like riding home blackout drunk without crashing!
    -Robot

Hah. Well, yeah, I did that too...coming from celebration party at friends house. All I remember is that at someone point I thought it would be a good idea to mix ghetto champagine, ice cream, and whiskey in a blender. It would have been great without the champaigne, or the ice cream, or the blender.

Now I get to sue churches, banks, and car drivers. This is going t be fun ;)All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    today I had to clean out a space that has been a leather working studio/ s&m dungeon for like 12+ years. It was disgusting and hilarious.

Photobucket

If anybody is looking for 4,000sf of live work space within the city limit inquire within. (about $1 per sf)oppinions like kittens
    Managed to pinch my rear tube sometime today and had a flat when leaving work. Swapped out the tube and rode home; on the way to the spot, picked up a pointy-glassed buddy...in the rear tire. Punctured the tube AND tire. It's worth laughing at, given the significance of today and the larger hustle at stake for all of us.Do You KNOW Clarence?
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008

^ man that blows...might I suggest some dillo's or gator skinz I have only had one flat in the last year (rocking dillos)this wont hurt a bit...
    • CommentAuthormauspad

dooshrocket-- did you get to keep those sexy shoes? ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

DYKClarence:Punctured the tube AND tire.

A glass puncture through your tire isn't usually a big deal.
    1. Remove tube.
    2. Check tire for glass/sharp bits & remove
    3. Insert new/patched tube
    4. Continue not caring, because it works now.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    ^Hmm, I've got a spare tube, so, I may just get down with this solution (and patch the other tube with a kit).

^^^I'm thinking gator skinz for when I do rock a new tire, there was another brand I was thinking of (Hutchinson? but I've got no knowledge of how good they are).Do You KNOW Clarence?
    i know nothing hutchinson but they keep appearing on chainloveYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    • CommentAuthormfdn
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008 edited

^^^ One thing to look for is how big the hole is in the tire too. If its real bad you can take a piece of paper folded once over (dollar bills work for this if it ever happens when your out on a ride), and stick it over the hole. If you don't, and it is bad, you can get a bit of tube trying to push through there and it will pop.

^^ I love the Armadillos. I went touring with them once. Got my first flat 800 miles in. Second was close to 2k. After that they had worn pretty thin and it got bad, but slapped a new pair on and I've been good ever since.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

gatorskins and armadillo's both offer good puncture protection.. but for puncture protection and RIDE spend a few extra dollars for Conti Grand Prix 4000, same inner protection strip as the gatorskinz but better rubber
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Vittoria rando's, noobs. (Well, if you like fat heavy tires like me)dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

danny - not everyone likes em' thick and heavy...
    Morgie:gatorskins and armadillo's both offer good puncture protection.. but for puncture protection and RIDE spend a few extra dollars for Conti Grand Prix 4000, same inner protection strip as the gatorskinz but better rubber

I love my conti 4000's. By far one of the best tires I've owned yet. Before these I really liked by Vredestein Fortezza's. Still have em in fact for use on anything else that may come up.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorlissaandy
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008

i just removed my headphones to hear half of my office applaud my singing along to "God Only Knows"
    fuck art, let's ride bikes
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

lissaandy:i just removed my headphones to hear half of my office applaud my singing along to "God Only Knows"

AMAZING.. similar thing happened to be one time but I was singing Shakira-estoy aqui
    • CommentAuthorlissaandy

Morgie:
    lissaandy:i just removed my headphones to hear half of my office applaud my singing along to "God Only Knows"

AMAZING.. similar thing happened to be one time but I was singing Shakira-estoy aqui

i'm still blushing. sigh.fuck art, let's ride bikes
    ^my favorite is ipod-in, completely silent dance parties at work.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    I only sing awesome 80's ballads like "I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight"But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    so, a unicorn skeleton design i made like a year ago has finally been made into a Reload bag graphic for Jack Crank, and i got to see it in person last night. I have demanded that he send me pictures of it, but so far it looks fucking rad, if not incredibly ridiculous. i am incredibly stoked that more of my work is out in ze public.

that is all.flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    Mayor Bonesington:

that is all.

whatdya think this is? NYCFIXED?

none the less, well fucking done on the bag, i've always dug your work, WHATS THE UPDATE ON THE CALF PEICE?I summoned it with my moustache...
    heh! thanks man, i'm pretty excited it exists in the real world.

as for the calf, i've got my third session sunday night, and the fourth in two weeks! i can't wait til its done.flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    •  
      CommentAuthormelange
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2008

I got doored for the first time, the other morning on Huntington Ave. It happened so fast, I think the woman opened her door into me as I was alongside her car. I'm mostly ok, but I bent my front wheel and fork, and the headset is a little weird I think. :( Hoping to bill her insurance for the repairs.

Battle scar:
    •  
      CommentAuthorCarney

Ugh, I hate when that happens [specifically the fork bending and wheel tacoing]. Hopefully you won't have to pay out-of-pocket like I did.

Look on the bright side though: Chicks dig rad scars. (?)I wish everyone else were dead.
    hahaha. this is just like the time richard made a thread about how the wind caught his oh-so-deep deep-v's and he went down and got a little scratch on his chin.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

gary, stop being angry.

accomplishment: i have pecan pie in the oven right now.

i love autumn. now bring on the pumpkin beer!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

ratattack:
    now bring on the pumpkin beer!

I will for a fucking pecan pie!... unless it's some sort funky vegan disaster
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

no, it's just straight tasty.
    I just realized that not riding my bike everyday makes me progressively more insane.
    In some ways, I regret having purchased a car.

Driving to work makes me feel like an asshole.
    I get home all tense from being stuck in traffic.

I used to get home all relaxed and energized.
    Fuck.[all your base are belong to us]
    ^Cars are for errands and vacations and getting to bike races. Cars are not for commuting. Get it right!Word nerd
    before:

after:

woo hoo!flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    ^Slutty![all your base are belong to us]
    i hit a no-handed trackstand, for SIX WHOLE SECONDS! haha. i rode it out though. gotta keep practicing.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D