Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

fmradio516:i dont but how'd it break?

toe in was wrong. she ground the pad down past the pad, past the SHOE, straight metal to metal. tried to put a new set on, the inner adjuster bolt was stripped. shattered in my hand. tried to untwist the big red knob, stuck as fuck. used vice grips, thing shattered. banged it on the floor till the caliper released the disc. it was all around fubar. friends don't let friends corrode their disc brake parts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2015

For sale:

2000 Terry Symmetry, 46/48cm, all Tiagara and original parts, $300 obo

80's Terry Gambit, 42/46cm, cruisah bahs, $220

Newer Globe Daily 3 speed, PURPLE step through, $150, may part with the sw33t springy brooks for a little more (otherwise I'll put the original saddle back on)"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorvox_pop
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2015

^What did you think of the Daily? When I was looking for bikes for the now-ex, I passed over it cuz I assumed it would be heavy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2015

They're actually not bad! It's aluminum, so not nearly as heavy as a real Dutch bike. I just barely fit this one, I was holding it for my mom but it turned out to be definitely too big for her, and I'd rather get a 26" Linus someday instead. I also felt like the seat tube angle was a little too upright for a proper Dutch bike fit and it didn't come with fenders or a rack, so it was a little too Americanized for me, but I'm a weirdo. It was a fine bike and everyone who borrowed it liked it a lot. It's too bad specialized stopped selling them here (maybe everywhere? I don't remember)."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    So, I have an Ultegra --> Open Pro wheel that has been collecting dust in my closet for about two years. It didn't ask for this. It didn't deserve this. It wants a new home.

Basically new. Never used by me. Bought from Morgan. Used by Morgan. $50. Buy it.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    i want it craigYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2015

I will buy those back for $50 fo sho.
    A) it's only one wheel

B) ella dibs'd it.

T.HanksNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2015

not exactly the ideal place for this, buuut, anyone want a dress? it's super cute, still got tags, size 12 (fits big?)
    it's this one - http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/boston-dream-pie-dress
    (on too much sale to be returned, and boy am i grumpy about it)
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2015

I bought a set of Specialized Defroster MTB shoes in size 47. Mounted up cleats and rode 50 miles. Definitely not for my feet. They fit a bit bigger than your standard Specialized. They look practically new and have SPD cleats. $110e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2015

for sale
    dura ace 10 speed 12-21t cassette cs-7800 model
    40$ on bfixed
    CL later this week
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2015

Selling my cell phone holder for my bag
    http://www.chromeindustries.com/us/en/phone-pouch
    That model in all black. I got it a few years ago, but haven't used it in awhile since cell phones are getting bigger and bigger.
    5 bucks.
    Fits most smaller phones, does not fit larger phones, especially if you have an otterbox or other case around it. Fits ipods great.
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2015

That reminds me I still have these
    ryan t:I'm selling a couple cassettes. Cleaned and in good used condition:

Dura Ace 7800 12-27 (includes an 11t cog and lock ring that can be used by removing the 16t)

Ultegra 6700 11-25

If interested I will look up the price, or just make me an offer.
    FS:
    56cm Allez E5 frameset: http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/archive/2015/allez/allez-e5-smartweld-frameset

With S-Works seatpost, 110 Specialized SL stem, Tarmac Bend carbon handle bars 42. I'll also include the adapters for a Shimano crankset. $500, 550 with the Phenom saddle.

http://imgur.com/a/f19xBTake-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2016

Chris King headset
    1" Threadless. Brown. Has some wear from daily use. Still smooth.

$50 and it's yours.

Or for $55, you can take it with the 51cm Soma Rush* that it's currently installed in.

*frame has rust perforating both chainstays.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2016

Buckley, I think one of the bike polo dudes was looking for 1" threadless headset. I left mine on my cracked rush frame that I gave to BNB.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2016

Well, send them my way. I'd hate to have this just sitting on my shelf forever.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    Anybody have an interest in a gently used Cetma 5 rail in black with 31.8 clamps?

Make me an offer? No craigslist post for it yet.
    • CommentAuthorToniL
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2016

bon gripper:Anybody have an interest in a gently used Cetma 5 rail in black with 31.8 clamps?

I'm into it. What's your price?
    ToniL:
    bon gripper:Anybody have an interest in a gently used Cetma 5 rail in black with 31.8 clamps?

$100 takes it first come first served, beyond that, it would basically be, make an offer and ill sit on it and if no one bites, ill confirm if i'm cool with the offer.

It was $140 new plus shipping, and aside from scuffing on the front edges (crash -_-), is largely brand new.
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2016

man am i glad i got mine for $40 way back.
    trying to get rid of a TON of older bike stuff.
    pictures available upon request.
    if interested, e-mail me at gary (dot) bavolar (at) gmail (dot) com

.cinelli cork tape, yellow (NIB) $10
    .cinelli cork tape, white (NIB) $10
    .ritchey wcs aluminum seatpost, 27.2 x 350mm (minor scuff, tape residue) $40
    .ritchey wcs aluminium seatpost, 27.2 x 350mm (lots of scuffs) $20
    .profile design razor seatpost 27.2 x 270mm (minor scuffs) $50
    [all stems, 1 season use]
    .ritchey pro stem, 31.8mm, 90mm, 60/30deg $20
    .ritchey pro stem, 31.8mm, 100mm, 84/6deg $20
    .ritchey wcs alloy stem, 31.8mm, 90mm, 73/17deg $40
    .ritchey wcs alloy stem, 31.8mm, 130mm, 84/6deg $40
    .TWO specialized alloy stem, 31.8mm, 120mm (and 115mm), 73/17deg $40
    .reynolds ouzo race stem, 31.8mm, 125mm, 84/6deg $40
    .profile design T2 wing base bar 31.8mm, 40cm, w/ T2+ aero extension (1 season use) $120
    .raceface bash guard, 104bcd, 40t (10miles use) $20
    .thorne cx chainring, 110bcd, 44t (25miles use) $45
    .TA alize track chainring, 130bcd, 47t (well used) $15
    .sram 10speed chainring, 110bcd, 34t (new) $25
    .specialized fact carbon w/ zertz seatpost, 27.2mm, 350mm (1 season use) $75
    .fsa vision TT saddle (1 season use) $30
    .raceface turbine fatbike cranks w/bb (10miles use, BB new, chainrings new) $75
    .fsa mtb chainrings 36/22 (new) $45
    .ultegra 6600 (front and rear shifters, 31.8mm clamp on front derailleur, dura ace rear derailleur, front and rear brakes) (2 seasons use) $200
    .xt780 (2/3 x 10 front and rear shifters, long cage rear derailleur, direct mount front derailleur) (1/2 season use) $275
    .fsa sl-k crankset 172.5mm 53/39 (2 seasons use) $100
    .sram quarq cinqo 172.5mm 53/39 (1 season use) $450
    .2009 fuji slm 2.0 full carbon hardtail mountain bike, M (17"), 26" wheels, full xt 3x10, rockshox SID fork (1 season use)
    ToniL:

Got a guy ready to buy tonight @ $80. Let me know if you're still interested since you were first to respond.
    • CommentAuthorToniL
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2016

bon gripper:
    ToniL:

Got a guy ready to buy tonight @ $80. Let me know if you're still interested since you were first to respond.

I'd buy it from you at asking price. Where do you live/when are you available? I could maybe swing by today/tonight with the cash to see if it fits my bike.
    Ultegra 6700 11-25 cassette and DA 7801 chain.
    Both are new, 80 bucks?Take-off everything but your rainboots
    • CommentAuthorbon gripper
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2016 edited

5-rail is $old
    Anyone need a wooden twin bed frame with 3 huge drawers for storage underneath?YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    kilgore_trout:trying to get rid of a TON of older bike stuff.
    pictures available upon request.
    if interested, e-mail me at gary (dot) bavolar (at) gmail (dot) com

.cinelli cork tape, yellow (NIB) $10
    .cinelli cork tape, white (NIB) $10
    .ritchey wcs aluminum seatpost, 27.2 x 350mm (minor scuff, tape residue) $40
    .profile design razor seatpost 27.2 x 270mm (minor scuffs) $50
    [all stems, 1 season use]
    .ritchey pro stem, 31.8mm, 90mm, 60/30deg $20
    .ritchey pro stem, 31.8mm, 100mm, 84/6deg $20
    .ritchey wcs alloy stem, 31.8mm, 130mm, 84/6deg $40
    .TWO specialized alloy stem, 31.8mm, 120mm (and 115mm), 73/17deg $40
    .reynolds ouzo race stem, 31.8mm, 125mm, 84/6deg $40
    .profile design T2 wing base bar 31.8mm, 40cm, w/ T2+ aero extension (1 season use) $120
    .raceface bash guard, 104bcd, 40t (10miles use) $20
    .thorne cx chainring, 110bcd, 44t (25miles use) $45
    .TA alize track chainring, 130bcd, 47t (well used) $15
    .sram 10speed chainring, 110bcd, 34t (new) $25
    .specialized fact carbon w/ zertz seatpost, 27.2mm, 350mm (1 season use) $75
    .fsa vision TT saddle (1 season use) $30
    .fsa mtb chainrings 36/22 (new) $45
    .ultegra 6600 (front and rear shifters, 31.8mm clamp on front derailleur, dura ace rear derailleur, front and rear brakes) (2 seasons use) $200
    .xt780 (2/3 x 10 front and rear shifters, long cage rear derailleur, direct mount front derailleur) (1/2 season use) $275
    .fsa sl-k crankset 172.5mm 53/39 (2 seasons use) $100
    .2009 fuji slm 2.0 full carbon hardtail mountain bike, M (17"), 26" wheels, full xt 3x10, rockshox SID fork (1 season use)

EDITED
    Stormy Arthur:Ultegra 6700 11-25 cassette and DA 7801 chain.
    Both are new, 60 bucks?

price dropTake-off everything but your rainboots
    • CommentAuthorDoubleL
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2016

Would anyone be interested in either...

a 53cm IRO Angus (one of the older ones back when they still had actual head badges), complete bike with mavic open pro wheels, sugino 75 cranks w/zen chainring. Used but well taken care of.

hand built velocity powder blue wheelset with silver and blue spokes, flip flop hub. used but never saw a ton of winter action.

I can get you some photos if you're interested.
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2016

DoubleL:Would anyone be interested in either...

a 53cm IRO Angus (one of the older ones back when they still had actual head badges), complete bike with mavic open pro wheels, sugino 75 cranks w/zen chainring. Used but well taken care of.

hand built velocity powder blue wheelset with silver and blue spokes, flip flop hub. used but never saw a ton of winter action.

I can get you some photos if you're interested.

Prices are cool.
    throwin this back up here in case anyone's interested

$750 or make an offer (any offer)
    Who wants to be a masochist and build a wheel around a butterface Dura-Ace 7402 UNIGLIDE (7s) hub? It's yours for a 110 chainring either 46 or 34. Preferably both. Or i'll trade it to you if you can get me like a hundred spokey-dokes/little mermaid/force awakens top tube protector. who wants to mug a kid for me?

Also looking for Shimano tri-color headset parts, because I found one in the trash. Slightly brinelled, so I'm hoping for a crown race, but will settle for just the plastic seals. or a sticker, lol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2016

Sounds like you have a nice paperweight there. Or ebay it for someone's period build, there's a few up now for not bad money."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    But. SPOKEY DOKES/GAUDY TUBE PROTECTOR. Yeah, but I got it at co-op for freesies. Can't sell it b/c it would be wrong. I really just like it for the font; it's just so Bladerunner-esque.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2016

"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2016

smoothness:Who wants to be a masochist and build a wheel around a butterface Dura-Ace 7402 UNIGLIDE (7s) hub?

Because you said it's a "UniGlide hub", I'm assuming this is cassette UG and not freewheel UG. If cassette, you can simply remove the axle and release the big nut, and the freehub will pop off, and then you can swap the freehub for an 8/9/10 speed freehub off a trash hub. There's a couple of spline standards but I believe Shimano hubs only use one standard so any freehub off a Shimano cassette hub will do.

I bought a minty mint set of MA40's laced to 600 tricolor hubs with 7sp UG, at a swap meet, and I did exactly this and then swapped the shorter axle for a longer one and put this wheel on Svetlana (and later, Norma Jeane). Make sure the one you're swapping in spins smoothly but without too much wobble before you do this, because although you can take those apart and reshim them, it's easier to just grab one that's already perfect from your LBS's pile of trash wheels or shelf of trash hubs. I made the mistake of swapping in a freehub at first that was a little too tight and I kept getting chain suck, so I intended to take it apart and reshim it, but it was easier to just swap it again for one that was already perfect from the shop's drawer of old freehubs.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    Because you said it's a "UniGlide hub", I'm assuming this is cassette UG and not freewheel UG. If cassette, you can simply remove the axle and release the big nut, and the freehub will pop off, and then you can swap the freehub for an 8/9/10 speed freehub off a trash hub. There's a couple of spline standards but I believe Shimano hubs only use one standard so any freehub off a Shimano cassette hub will do.

I bought a minty mint set of MA40's laced to 600 tricolor hubs with 7sp UG, at a swap meet, and I did exactly this and then swapped the shorter axle for a longer one and put this wheel on Svetlana (and later, Norma Jeane). Make sure the one you're swapping in spins smoothly but without too much wobble before you do this, because although you can take those apart and reshim them, it's easier to just grab one that's already perfect from your LBS's pile of trash wheels or shelf of trash hubs. I made the mistake of swapping in a freehub at first that was a little too tight and I kept getting chain suck, so I intended to take it apart and reshim it, but it was easier to just swap it again for one that was already perfect from the shop's drawer of old freehubs.

According to the old people at BF, sheldon brown, and a bunch of other people, it seems that the threading for dura-ace freehubs for only the 7400 series are different than other lines of that era, or current freehub bodies. the suggestion that has been made by sheldon was to find a freehub body that was UG/HG from that era...but finding one of those is just as likely as me finding this stupid thing to begin with. If someone has the tool to get at the nut inside the freehub, i'm willing to try it anyway...but i'm going to leave it in one piece unless there's someone here who has done it firsthand.

TL;DR: 7400 uniglide freehub body cannot be switched with a hyperglide body unless it is the dura-ace 8 speed one. Argument: the threading of the freehub itself is different, b/c Dura-Ace is special.
     photo photo-14_zpsd1guelmj.jpg

matte black 4 state bicycle with a few upgrades. love it but need $ to finish my Bianchi. would make a great bike for a tall commuter "62cm"
    $300
    text me@ 617-774-8730 for more info
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2016 edited

smoothness:
    TL;DR: 7400 uniglide freehub body cannot be switched with a hyperglide body unless it is the dura-ace 8 speed one. Argument: the threading of the freehub itself is different, b/c Dura-Ace is special.

Oh shit, pre-1997 Dura-Ace. The problem for swapping freehubs is not that the threading is different (the threading that's different from DA to non-DA is threading for the smallest UG sprocket, on the opposite end from the freehub/hub interface), the problem is that that the other freehubs attach with a nut and splined interface but the pre-1997 DA freehub interface is threaded rather than splined.

I'm guessing you saw this thread? Note that your 7402 supposedly has an 8-speed freehub, not 7-speed like you mentioned, so it's already more usable than I thought, but what you really want is an FH-7403 freehub, which would be a direct swap and would work with all modern 8/9/10 speed cassettes without modification. If you're looking at a pile of freehubs, you can pick out the right one because it'll have a threaded interface connecting it to the hub and threading on both the outside of the small cog end (for the UG outer sprocket) as well as threading on the inside of the small cog end (for the HG locknut). I'll look in the freehub drawer at my shop, but even if we have one and we have the removal tool, I wouldn't be able to get the removal tool to Boston, but I'm sure somebody in Boston has got it. It's worth raiding the freehub drawers of any local bike shops you can get to.

You might have better luck swapping the guts of the DA 7402 freehub into the shell of some HG freehub. One person in that thread above says shell swaps for the 7400 series to regular freehub shells won't work, but another person says they did it successfully but never followed up to post details. Maybe some freehub shells fit and others don't. You'd still need the removal tool to get the damn DA freehub off the hub, though. The procedure for a shell swap should essentially be the same as this: ::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2016

And even without swapping freehubs, you could still use this thing with HG cassettes by having the smallest sprocket be the Dura-Ace threaded Uniglide one and doing a bit of filing. And because it's an 8 speed freehub you can fit all 8 gears of an 8 speed setup or 9 gears of a 9 speed setup (a modern derailleur should be very tolerant of the slightly wider spacing to the 8-speed UG cog). You can probably even do all 10 of a 10 speed setup, maybe filing the built-in spacer of the UG cog down a little if it doesn't shift well. But all that filing probably isn't worth it if that hub isn't already laced to a wheel.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2016 edited

outdoorresearch.com/en/mens-helium-ii-jacket.html

I have one of these OR shells in the "lemongrass" color. Worn for 30 minutes before i decided it's a little too short for my liking. Size Medium.
    $75
    Selling for a coworker:
    59cm Soma Double Cross, dropouts were replaced by a welder who worked for IF and now works for Hampsten. Comes with a Surly fork. $200

http://imgur.com/a/PoYWyTake-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorstingobango
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2016 edited

Mavic Drift shoes, size 41 1/3, used but in pretty good shape overall. Will require some work (possibly powertools and/or unicorn tears) to get the cleats off. Last winter was a salty one and I was neglectful, sorry.

$50, obo.

Photos hereI thought that might be you! But there was no shimmy-shake so I couldn't be sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2016

Damn thats a sweet deal. hopefully someone grabs those. cleats should be pretty easy to get off if you strip the norm method away. use a dremel to cut a straight line through the head of the screw, then use a flathead to unscrew it. also tapping with a hammer first will help loosen them up a bit.MUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Not my size, but how did they work for you? I've been thinking about some kind of winter-specific shoe.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

Never tried the Mavic Drift, but can vouch for Giro Alpineduro. Pro: looks like a normal hiking boot. Con: low heel cutout.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

^Interesting. Those seem very low cut to be any use against the dreaded Boston slush wash. They do look warm, though, so long as you're not getting roadwash sluicing in from on top...Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

I bought nylon gaiters for $10 on Amazon. They come almost all the way up to my knees. Problem solved, and much more effectively than a few inches more height on the boot cuff would have done.

What the gaiters don't do is protect me in everyday situations where I don't bring them because I don't expect to need them.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

I keep thinking I want to simplify things for the winter. No more putting 3 layers of socks on before going out! No more having to figure out how to dry my soaked shoes in my tiny shared office!

But then I remember it's winter and nothing is simple in winter.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)