Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

alright, looks like I'm heading out that way at the end of December and over New Years for work. anyone know if there's a bike scene out there (I'm assuming there is, but ya never know) and if they have anything like bostonfixed? haven't had any luck with the google and wanted to see what was gonna be going on out there while I'm in town.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    • CommentAuthorgone
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2007

Wait, Serious?

I will also be headed out that way around the time on account of an uncle who is getting married.

Weird.
    yeah, looks like 29th-2nd, I'll have a better idea of specifics by Monday though.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    well, isn't ben's bikes out of milwaukee?You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgregwhits
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2007

i think that's where yellow jersey is too?... there are def some bicycle children out that ways.
    Colin - I threw up a post on BikeForums, I'll let you know if I find anything out.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    Check out the guys that run Breakaway - a small messenger company. I used to live in Chicago and we would go up there for alley cats. Cool kids to be met.
    recap:

downtown MKE is pretty desolate
    vegan food is few and far between
    you're allowed to walk around the MKE airport with open beer bottles
    having a bike was awesome
    Laurent at Adambomb tattoo does good work
    there's a whole lotta love for Miller in that city
    the bar at the above mentioned airport will sell you a pint full of whiskey sour and a $3 shot of 1800
    getting your buzz on before flying is rad
    architecture kids know how to party
    I still don't care for Calatrava's buildings
    the people at Ben's Cycles/Milwaukee Bike were surprised that someone from Boston knew about them and would ride out to see the shop
    the doorman at the Milwaukee Hilton races at Kenosha. His name is Graham and knows the Team Pegasus kids.
    the waterpark wasn't as cool as I hoped
    I missed seeing Zagota & Cougars Den
    Lakefront Brewery is the jamPh'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2008

^sounds like you had some fun. the midwest soothes the soul through cold weather and and excessive drinking...i will return to boston a changed man(moscow)