Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthordestouches
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2008

http://onetwentysix.com/blog/2008/the-pot-calling-the-kettle-black/

He apparently only works with a couple of designers now so it was either him or a few other people. No word yet from JC. I think his shit is dumb anyways, but. There it is.
    • CommentAuthorCole

who cares, fuck the pot, fuck the kettle, neither invented that font.

you are stupid.
    • CommentAuthorCole

omg am not.
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2008 edited

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJYx5fg_hZkgone
    • CommentAuthorCole

• CommentTimeJun 30th 2008 edited

If it were a font rather than a hand-drawn script that's essentially been traced, you might have a point.

Anyways, FWIW.
    that's really disappointing.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbshea81

that shit is ugly. that dude looks like a human peacock.fool me once, shame on me. fool me twice, i guess im into trannies
    Johnny cupcakes is a fucking loser. Who cares.HUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!
    • CommentAuthorraff I el

weakGeryon was a monster everything about him was red.
    Johnny Cupcakes is a fucking douchebag and his shirts are terrible.

He also was trying so desperately to hit on one of my friends, telling her that he'd tell GHOST STORIES at night or some shit. She couldn't stop cracking up at how retarded he was, asking her to take the train down to see him, then get whisked away to Hull.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    Also streetwear is fucking so god damned dead.

To quote Vice: (Fuck you it's funny as shit)

People are still doing that? People are still starting streetwear companies and making fancy booths for the trade show and writing manifestos on their website about culture? Who buys that shit, wiggers in time machines?

Which can pretty much sum up half of those stupid fucking kicks/limited edition t-shirt stores like Concepts/Karmaloop/etc places that are desperately trying to cling on to this Tarck bike bullshit so they can still have something to schill now that everyone thinks that having a bunch of kid robot toys is retarded.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2008

The only ones who got ripped off are those who paid $30 for t-shirts.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    30 bucks for a printed t-shirt is like, cheap now or something. At Concepts in Harvard Square, they have t-shirts for 120 bucks.

Yeah.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    • CommentAuthorCole

i only wear 50$ and up, cheap doesn't touch this skin.
    Shit, son. I only wear $50 and down.

If I'm gonna wear a mediocre quality piece of cotton that was made in a sweatshop, it may as well be recycled and cheap instead of overpriced and mass-produced.Think you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home.
    heh! i'm pretty sure i traded drugs for a shirt over the weekend.

also, anybody remember On Broken Wings? Johnny Cupcakes was their DJ. They're a moshcore band.

DJ. Moshcore.

that gets me WAY more riled up than anything about someone starting a clothing line. i can still get behind some of his designs.flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    ^no way!You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    mr bones speaks a laughable truth
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

my ex and i saw some tshirt while walking that we wanted to get for our friend's birthday. we went into the store found it, it was $165.

t shirts or for dumb people.
    pete! gigantic:
    t shirts or for dumb people.

hee hee!flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

Hunter S. Chompson:heh! i'm pretty sure i traded drugs for a shirt over the weekend.

also, anybody remember On Broken Wings? Johnny Cupcakes was their DJ. They're a moshcore band.

DJ. Moshcore.

that gets me WAY more riled up than anything about someone starting a clothing line. i can still get behind some of his designs.

I remember him foisting their demos on me back in the day when he was working at braintree newbury comics.
    Props to him for getting fools to part with their money.
    I'm too cheap to ever be fashionable.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    Wow, thanks to the generosity of the alleycat throwin' NYC kids, I have a gold mine of designer t's.
    Good thing I didn't cut 'em into rags!
    -bot[all your base are belong to us]
    Looks like everything got solved!

Pretty interesting how shit like this happens...

http://onetwentysix.com/blog/2008/resolved/

octopus magic:Johnny Cupcakes is a fucking douchebag and his shirts are terrible.

He also was trying so desperately to hit on one of my friends, telling her that he'd tell GHOST STORIES at night or some shit. She couldn't stop cracking up at how retarded he was, asking her to take the train down to see him, then get whisked away to Hull.

Tristan,

I want to whisk you away to Hull to tell ghost stories to you, will you please cummm?

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm just kidding. I keep stumbling upon different places in where I find or hear about you Tristan, talking poorly on me. Am I really that bad of a person? Are you really that bitter that I hit on your friend years ago? Unlike other guys, I didn't try to take her to some bar to get her wasted and fuck her. I'm not like that. I'm a stand up guy with morals who likes to have fun in non traditional ways. My town is haunted and god forbid I wanted to bring your friend on a date to some place scary with historic ghost stories. Is it really that bad?

I've done my fare share of 9-5 jobs. Washing dishes, mowing lawns, working at Building 19, Newbury Comics, etc.. I dropped out of college, randomly found my niche, and now employ my family + friends full time so they don't have to work crappy jobs. I never tried to start a business with corny shirts that have cupcakes on it -- It started as a joke and I rolled with it 110%. Took lots of risks, quit my band, broke up with my girlfriend, spent sleepless nights working + went full force with something I had fun doing. Gimme a break. I'm just as surprised as anyone else that people are buying my t-shirts.

Anyways, I don't expect everyone to like me or my business. But Tristan, I just think you could have some better evidence on me being a 'douchebag' before you forming your oh so strong opinion against me, and gossiping like a high school girl. Come on Tristan, you're almost 27 years old. Don't you have something better to do than to trash talk me?

And you never replied to my e-mail that I kindly wrote to you last year.

-Johnny of Johnny Cupcakes
    http://www.johnnycupcakes.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2008

[^i don't know that he does]
    AHAHAHA
    "and now support my family + friends full time"

you have to support your friends? fuck that buying friends isnt realride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)
    ilikeitfixed:AHAHAHA
    "and now support my family + friends full time"

you have to support your friends? fuck that buying friends isnt real

**oops - sorry Mark, I meant to type employ.**

Most of my friends are in bands and have a hard time finding a job they both like and a job that is flexible with their random touring schedule(s). I provide them that + health benefits. Money has nothing to do with our friendships. I went to middle school and high school with 90% of my friends, and we're still pals.

My mom use to sit in traffic for 3 hours total, every day for the past 24 years at an office in the city. She was depressed from the lack of life she was living. My mom is now able to happily work for me from home(in her pj's). She was also able to join the garden club. Taking her away from that life-draining commute is probably my biggest accomplishment.
    good on ya for coming in 'n clarifying.

i also saw On Broken Wings multiple times between 2002 and 2004. (intentionally.) i remember you played the middle east with Since the Flood and the show got shut down and a bunch of people were hauled off in hand cuffs. it took a lot of effort to not get punched in the face at that show.

ahhh, moshcore... now i'm all nostalgic for the days when i'd skateboard into cambridge 'n go to YWCA shows, every time i die was still good and American Nightmare was still around.

god damn it, this is embarrassing.

Johnny, i'll stop by the shop next time i'm in boston. you're still on Newbury, right?flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    • CommentAuthormindchalk
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2008

i was just shocked when i walked in and didn't see cupcakes.
    it was a sucker punch of the worst kind.out of true.
    •  
      CommentAuthor49teeth

JC is awesome imo...
    •  
      CommentAuthorkaryatid

mindchalk:i was just shocked when i walked in and didn't see cupcakes.
    it was a sucker punch of the worst kind.

was it worse than when you walked into Kickass Cupcakes for the first time, having imagined giant cupcakes of unbelievable awesomeness, only to find a wee morsel to the tune of $3?

'cause that was pretty harsh for me.
    Yes, bigger cupcakes please. See also: the roller-derby/stripper/burlesque thread.Word nerd
    • CommentAuthormindchalk

cupcakes should be a quarter at most. and that's taking into account today's businessworld. you should be able to get a fucking shitstack of cupcakes for 3$...out of true.
    pfft! not if yer makin' em right, they shouldn't. even though i appreciate you using the phrase "fucking shitstack", cupcakes is pricey.

my girlfriend and i are gonna make a couple batches of vegan chocolate cherry cupcakes this week. why? because we are a williamsburg cliche.flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    • CommentAuthormindchalk

delicious.out of true.
    Hunter S. Chompson:good on ya for coming in 'n clarifying.

i also saw On Broken Wings multiple times between 2002 and 2004. (intentionally.) i remember you played the middle east with Since the Flood and the show got shut down and a bunch of people were hauled off in hand cuffs. it took a lot of effort to not get punched in the face at that show.

ahhh, moshcore... now i'm all nostalgic for the days when i'd skateboard into cambridge 'n go to YWCA shows, every time i die was still good and American Nightmare was still around.

god damn it, this is embarrassing.

Johnny, i'll stop by the shop next time i'm in boston. you're still on Newbury, right?

I was less coming in to clarify, and more calling out Tristan,"Octopus Magic". He's been going out of his way to trash talk on me and my brand, for no reason. The only thing he has to say about me is that I tried taking his friend on a date where ghost stories were going to be told. I don't see what the big deal is? It was years ago, and I wasn't trying to bring to a bar to get her wasted and sleep with her. Ghost stories and haunted towns may seem goofy and silly, but at least it's different from the norm, eh?

Anyways, Tristan has been an ignorant grown-ass adult who has gone out of his way more than once, to trash talks me and my brand. I checked out his website/portfolio and he should check it out too before he decides to talk down on other people who are actually doing something with themselves. Whether it be a random cupcake or not. I took the initiative to make a change in my 9-5 life, and I did. Whether you're into it or not, you could at least respect my hard work and where it's gotten me.

Hey man, we all didn't grow into whatever we're doing now. Every single person has a few things that I'm sure they're embarrassed about. My first concert was Boyz 2 Men, TLC and Montel Jordan. My second concert was ICP. Now that was embarrassing.

But I definitely feel you on the nostalgic moshcore days. First hearing about Poison the Well and 18 Visions(when they were good and soo heavy). Discovering Everytime I Die on that Hellfest dvd where they played that song with the longest pause before that one breakdown.

I barely go to shows now. I listen to lots of different music which tends to be the polar opposite of said hardcore/moshcore bands. We're all getting older and it's interesting seeing life in this adult-like perspective. I can't wait to have a family though. A wife and kids. Just have to meet a sane girl who doesn't drink, go out to dance clubs, or do drugs. And a girl with her head on her shoulders, who knows what she wants in life. It's a lot harder than it seems.

Def stop by the shop and say hello. I am in Los Angeles now, living in a hotel for a month while the last phase of construction is happening at my new shop in LA. I'll be around mid-late August.
    • CommentAuthormindchalk

he's dodging the issue.
    why the false advertising?
    why the lies?

where are the goddamn cupcakes?out of true.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike

man, you really have a sweet tooth.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRob Gigantic
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2008 edited

Didn't they give out cupcakes when they first opened? Hmm, with barely any research at all I found this:

www.johnnycupcakes.comOn weekends & select days we give out FREE home made cupcakes with every purchase.
    Word nerd
    •  
      CommentAuthorbshea81

^^^not into the clothing but the dude seems rational and cool. i could see myself hyping my own ghost story game (which is nasty by the way ladies). the shirts just don't ruffle it for me though.fool me once, shame on me. fool me twice, i guess im into trannies
    •  
      CommentAuthorbshea81

and sorry to even keep this thread goingfool me once, shame on me. fool me twice, i guess im into trannies
    mindchalk:he's dodging the issue.
    why the false advertising?
    why the lies?

where are the goddamn cupcakes?

I can only reply to one thing at a time, and you were next on the list.
    I am not dodging your question at all. Do you think I don't get the question of why my bakery has no food at all?
    I have answered your question literally over two thousand times.

Why no cupcakes you might ask?
    Well, I figured what better way to display my cupcake/baking themed clothing than to set my shop up like a bakery. Most stores cut corners and buy generic display shelves from Ikea. I even did that for my first shop! But for this Newbury Street shop, I had to go all out and do something different. I went on road trips to different antique bakeries until I found all the right pieces. With the construction help from my dad, we both transformed this sparkley dark purple store, into a vintage bakery.

So why don't I sell cupcakes?

Well, if I sold cupcakes then it wouldn't make my store that original - now would it?
    Even if people hate the fact that I don't sell real cupcakes, they are going to talk about my store ANYTIME they see a bakery or pastry, they're going to say, "OMFG this short kid opened up a bakery on an expensive street, and he doesn't even sell cupcakes!"
    Now out of one of the many people that said upset hungry chubby American, complained to - will be curious to see what the heck their friend was talking about. And whether the upset persons friend buy's something or not, she is going to share her 'experience' in the shop with everyone she knows.

Why would I want to sell messy cupcakes for cheap, when I sell crap loads of $35 + t-shirts a day. It makes no sense.
    I have managed to build this brand/hobby of mine into something that appeals to almost every demographic. People like an experience. They like going into a shop and having more than one reason to purchase something. That's why people like Build A Bear, Fire + Ice, Bodega, etc.. You're not just purchasing something, but you're having an interesting experience. And what better way to share your experience with everyone you know, than to purchase something from said place in order to tell your story. Even the people who went into my shop WANTING real cupcakes, 80% of them end up leaving with something from my shop...

I've also turned down ludicrous offers from Urban Outfitters, Nordstroms and more.

WHY?
    Yeah, I could of made some quick big money. And as much as I'd love my shirts to be seen all over the world, I thought it would be a bad decision in the long run.
    People like what nobody else has. People are willing to pay a premium to own something that not everyone at the mall/school/work is wearing. That is one of the other reasons why they don't mind paying so much for a t-shirt.

My friends and family thought I was nuts for turning down said stores, however... years have gone by and now I have kids from all over the u.s. flying out to camp out TWO whole days before some of my limited t-shirt releases. Every now and then, I'll release some t-shirts that are hand numbered up to a certain amount (with special packaging etc.), and then they are gone forever. Something goes off in the back of peoples heads when they see something that's not going to be around forever. Perfect example is vinyl records. I know some people pee their little pants when you see a teal blue Hope Conspiracy 7" (or whatever your band of choice and 7" color may be.) It trails all the way back to rare comic books, action figures, beenie babies, hologram marvel comic cards, pogs, etc..

---So that is why I keep my store a mystery.
    ---That is why I do not sell real cupcakes.
    ---And that is why people pay $35+ dollars for a t-shirt.

If you're really that upset or still don't understand, then read THE STORY ::here:: on www.JohnnyCupcakes.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorHamburger
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2008 edited

^ short people have all the good ideas.

just ask napoleon--though 5'6" ain't all that short.

People make decisions.
    • CommentAuthorgone

How does one embed video?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xNWDaJQft0
    •  
      CommentAuthorgregwhits
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2008

johnny --

did you ever have take a class taught by william tita (i think)? moroccan dude, entrepreneurship professor at nu. i remember him dropping your name a bunch of times. the class sucked, but he repeated himself often, which is why i remember this.
    gregtheripper:johnny --

did you ever have take a class taught by william tita (i think)? moroccan dude, entrepreneurship professor at nu. i remember him dropping your name a bunch of times. the class sucked, but he repeated himself often, which is why i remember this.

I went to mass com for a few weeks for music recording... then I dropped out.

However, I did do a guest lecture at Northeastern University, Savannah College of Art and Design, Babson College, and Boston University. The teacher who had me guest lecture on branding/entrepreneurship - his name was William Tita, so that's why you probably heard my name a bunch from him.
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2008

I had a class with tita last year and he talked mad smack on the subject which I won't go into here. I dunno what happened there. Strange.
    Where oh where is my Octopus Magic, Tristan?