Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthordestouches
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2008

why do you hate me? here is my life story.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2008

Johnny Cupcakes:
    gregtheripper:johnny --

did you ever have take a class taught by william tita (i think)? moroccan dude, entrepreneurship professor at nu. i remember him dropping your name a bunch of times. the class sucked, but he repeated himself often, which is why i remember this.

I went to mass com for a few weeks for music recording... then I dropped out.

However, I did do a guest lecture at Northeastern University, Savannah College of Art and Design, Babson College, and Boston University. The teacher who had me guest lecture on branding/entrepreneurship - his name was William Tita, so that's why you probably heard my name a bunch from him.

My friend was at your lecture at SCAD. When was that lecture? It was probably after I left.
    buddymike:
    Johnny Cupcakes:
    gregtheripper:johnny --

did you ever have take a class taught by william tita (i think)? moroccan dude, entrepreneurship professor at nu. i remember him dropping your name a bunch of times. the class sucked, but he repeated himself often, which is why i remember this.

I went to mass com for a few weeks for music recording... then I dropped out.

However, I did do a guest lecture at Northeastern University, Savannah College of Art and Design, Babson College, and Boston University. The teacher who had me guest lecture on branding/entrepreneurship - his name was William Tita, so that's why you probably heard my name a bunch from him.

My friend was at your lecture at SCAD. When was that lecture? It was probably after I left.

Northeastern was last year(or a bit longer ago). SCAD was last October.
    • CommentAuthormeetball
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2009

official: this guy is a goddamn retard

According to the Daily Orange, T-Shirt entrepreneur Johnny Cupcakes marched up to the Gamma Delta sorority house after one of his signature Johnny Cupcakes lectures at Syracuse University. During the lecture, he had shown examples of designs that had been ripped off by other companies, including Billabong. Apparently, Johnny Earle, the real man behind the Johnny Cipcakes brand, was upset because this particular sorority had used the Johnny Cupcakes skull and bones logo, without permission, on a sorority T-Shirt last year.

And so Earle and company (a bunch of students) marched up to the sorority house door and demanded an apology. Story goes on to say that Earle got his apology and even an offer for dinner, which he said no to.
    “I walked up their stairs and knocked on the door a bunch of times. I was in a good mood, so I told them I’d like an apology. They thought I was pulling out a weapon when I reached for my camera bag. I got many sincere apologies and they offered to cook food for me, as well as raise money for a charity of my choice. I have a list of things they gave to me, that they offered to do to remedy the situation. I told them to never ever wear those t-shirts in public(I might have them send the shirts my way) - and I explained to them that what they did was illegal and looked down upon. I’m sure the higher-ups at Delta Gamma would be disappointed with what this sorority/chapter did. Passing down the positive Delta Gamma legacy is hard to do when one of their chapters is doing something illegal, which is being written about in the school + local newspapers. I now know who they are and where they live. If I decide to take further legal action I just might, but for now we are at peace and they responded immediately in a possitive manner. Thank you everyone for backing me up, literally. That was quite a fun and epic night.” -Johnny Cupcakes
    • CommentAuthormeetball

then he compares a sorrority to hitler, and himself to ralph lauren:

Half the people at Syracuse University look down on sororities. Now how about them making and wearing shirts that has both their name and my logo on it? Whether they sell them or not, I certainly don’t want to be associated with any of that. It tarnishes my brand. This may sound a bit extreme, but I’m sure Ralph Lauren would be upset if Hitler put the Polo logo on his troops uniforms. Even if he wasn’t selling them - I don’t think Ralph Lauren wants to be associated with that.

spec
    fucking
    tacular.

*golf clap*

•  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2009 edited

funny. i was good friends with jon contino when i lived on long island. the man is a god.MUFFDVR
    did anyone see that? no, good, no one saw that.
    Johnny Cupcakes goes to shows and robs kids with Wheeler
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

yikes.MUFFDVR
    Who gives a fuck? About any of this? Seriously, personal jabs are so last year. This thread is a perfect example of why the Boston bike scene sucks.

"So this one time two years ago this dude, who is clearly unable to change and mature did this-and-that. More importantly, this thing that happened is none of my fucking business and really isn't that big of a deal. Let's all talk shit about him because he's made success for himself." Fuck off.

Bikes? Anyone? Do people on this forum still ride those things?I prefer 49x16
    •  
      CommentAuthorkjelgaard

jesus christ are you people still taking about this stupid shithttp://www.fanfiction.net/s/800170/1/EVANGELION_NEXUS
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

this thread is a fucking year old..
    ChromeLugs:Who gives a fuck? About any of this? Seriously, personal jabs are so last year. This thread is a perfect example of why the Boston bike scene sucks.

"So this one time two years ago this dude, who is clearly unable to change and mature did this-and-that. More importantly, this thing that happened is none of my fucking business and really isn't that big of a deal. Let's all talk shit about him because he's made success for himself." Fuck off.

Bikes? Anyone? Do people on this forum still ride those things?

+1

Where are you Tristan? Homeboy Johnny Cupcakes wrote some assertive, straight-shooting posts here and you had nothing to say in response.

You had serious problems with Shepard Fairey, too, what's your problem with hard workers who do well for themselves?

And, yes, as Chrome Lugs said, "Bikes? Anyone?"
    • CommentAuthormeetball

I didn't start a new thread because there was already a thread about cupcakes.

I respect hard workers.

people who go after a group of fourteen dumb girls or however many it may have been because they (like every other greek society - societies I do not like, FWIW) pirated their blessed logo is fucking low. It makes it sound like a sorority girl made fun of his dick in college and he's still mad.

I mean come on, getting a list of things to make this better? Is he a goddamn grade school teacher? I don't buy his shit, I'm not even in his market, but god damn is that retarded to a hilarious extreme. Christ knows all designers make a couple of dumb moves but this is stupid to the point of hilarity. It seems like he was trying to make some kind of statement and it was stupid as fuck. I'm not a designer... when I see this, or when I see Fairey ripping people, I don't get mad because he's somehow stealing the spotlight from my own douchy Illustrator tracings, it's because I think it's a failure on a grander scheme... I can't remember the last time I paid more than $10 for a piece of clothing. I can't afford it, and I don't want to make it a part of my life budget.

Stupid sorority sluts who wear his logo are not affecting his goddamn market share. He has a shop on Newbury St. for christ's sake. I don't know what Tristan's deal is, I've never even met the guy, but JC seems like a straight retard on this, just whacking off and proving he can get some dumb college kids to follow him around to harass some females on a pretty thin pretext.

Dude needs to learn to pick his battles. This was not one he should have picked IMO. I don't even know anyone who wears his stuff, I'm just posting it since I know he has a store in the area and I think there are designers out there who are doing similar or better things and aren't downright psychotic about it.
    • CommentAuthormeetball
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2009 edited

also I was never aware that there ever was a boston bike scene. There are independent nerds nerding out on bikes who sometimes meet up. Otherwise it's people like me who like bikes as a tool, people who ride bikes in a competitive manner, and people who think that riding a bike buys them into some kind of scene where you go and hang out and talk about how much you like bikes and try to prove you're somehow competitive about it because... ?

some of the shit on here, you might as well decide you're best friends with some douchebag because they're wearing the same bracelet as you. Come fucking on ppl.
    wait...was ralph lauren even a brand during the hitler era?
    • CommentAuthorT_M
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2009

I hate you Hitler!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

kilgore_trout:wait...was ralph lauren even a brand during the hitler era?
    Hugo Boss was
    'dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Also, anyone who seriously connects shep. fairey and hard work is failing to understand design, "art", his charmed career, and where he makes his money.

As for jc, he's a huckster, and props on that, since it seems to be working for him.dongpincher 1000