Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2008

There's a new vegan joint in malden.
    Vej Naturals
    Very small place.
    Just a dude and his wife.
    It's directly across from the oak grove t stop, so you can ride the train very easily.
    I had the brunch today.
    It's nice to have more non-asian/indian vegan options around.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

http://www.vejnaturals.com/e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    • CommentAuthorMcDonald

And Fiore's in Jamaica Plain recently added a massive load of vegan things, ranging from a vegan lunchbox of assorted goods, pizzas, sandwiches, and tons of baked goods (cupcakes, cakes, peanut butter cups, etc.)
    • CommentAuthorMcDonald

And that Vej Naturals place looks good, I will be seeing myself to their Sunday brunch menu soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

I feel like i know far fewer vegans than I did 5 years ago and yet Boston is undergoing a vegan renaissance.
    Must be norms making a switch or something.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

The french toast is serious, but the southern breakfast is worth trying if you've never had that sort of thing. I prefered the southern breakfast at the sweet onion in VT, but vej naturals's was good.

If you have a friend with a car you really need to make the trek up to Concord NH for the cafe indigo brunch. The french toast is made from cinnamon swirl bread.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    • CommentAuthorMcDonald

Have Prius, will travel for vegan food.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2008

I heard about Vej Naturals a few weeks ago. Looks good to me.

Thanks for the heads up on Fiore's in JP, I've never heard of that place before. I'm always a fan of vegan pizza.
    • CommentAuthorpete

This wouldn't be a bad ride, either -- though I'm mildly concerned with riding back after eating, akin to biking back to Somerville after Grasshopper buffet...
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar

haha did you go to that last night pete? (this is Chris from rtboston btw, if you didn't deduct that yet)
    • CommentAuthorPugatch

it was sad when the vegan place in providence closed a few years ago theres a vegan brunch at this place on broadway on sundays only in providence but i forget the name of itThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    • CommentAuthorPugatch

i heard there is an all vegan ice cream place that just opened up by symphnyThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    it's called wheeler's. it was supposed to open in march or something. is it finally up and running?You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorMcDonald

Yep, it's up and running. You can check out their blog Click Here or Click Here to see a list of their 8 billion flavors.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

Pugatch is 49x18:it was sad when the vegan place in providence closed a few years ago theres a vegan brunch at this place on broadway on sundays only in providence but i forget the name of it

Melanie's Vegan Eden?

The food was really good, but the girl was a flake.
    It took forever for the food to be prepared and half the time I'd make the trek down there it'd be closed on a whim, contrary to the posted hours.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

conor!:it's called wheeler's. it was supposed to open in march or something. is it finally up and running?

Get ready for a massive disappointment.
    It's like a dentist office that serves ice cream.
    The Ice cream is insanely subpar.
    I got butter pecan and it had no pecans.

I'll take lizzy's 2 very solid toffuti flavors over wheelers 30 mediocre flavors.

I don't see them lasting.
    The location is awful.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    that's too bad, i've been waiting for this place for months.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorPugatch

yeah it sucked whenever melanies was closed. when her mom was running it towards the end the service was better. i miss their philly steak and cheese subs. used to take my grandparents there alot.Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    • CommentAuthorpete

mrotown:
    Get ready for a massive disappointment.
    It's like a dentist office that serves ice cream.
    The Ice cream is insanely subpar.

This. It's an awkward, sterile store, the ice cream is expensive, small, and at best, mediocre. It'd be worth it if any one of those three variables were different, but no luck. You're better off trying to find Temptation Ice Cream (from Chicago Soy Dairy). Made by rad folks, and it's awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

the harvest co-op in central has the best selection of tasty vegan ice creams, in my opinion.

i got the best butter pecan pint there, i very sadly forget who made it as i stupidly left it at HQ for maybe a day? and aaron had finished it all off by the time i got over there the following evening. it was amazing though, way better than tofutti's "better pecan" or purely decadent's "pecan praline".

rather than going to wheeler's, which i have yet to hear good about, we should organize an ice cream social where we all bring spoons, go ride around and get sweaty for a bit, and then go to harvest & pick out different flavors of vegan ice creams. then we head over to the docks and play musical ice cream pints.
    brialliant, please don't do it without me.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOhHeather
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2008

aw I like Wheeler's. It is pretty sterile and dentist's office-esque inside, but I have no complaints about the food. The ice cream is good, maybe not the best ever, but my super non-vegan boyfriend ate it, so that's saying something. I've liked everything that I've tried, except the mojito sorbet. He gave me and my friends a free cupcake that was wicked good. The cookie sandwiches are bangin too. It just seems like they need time to get everything together. They don't have everything that's listed on the board, and usually don't know until you ask for it. Wheeler is a really nice dude. I want this place to suceed so badly, but the location is awful. One thing that doesn't hurt their chances is the fact that no where in the shop does it say vegan. I think a lot of people wouldn't even go in if they knew it was. Even though it's expensive and I could easily buy a pint at Whole Foods for a dollar more than what you pay for a small at Wheeler's, I'll continue to support them just because I think what they're trying to do is awesome. I'd much rather buy from an all vegan place than a place like Herrell's that just has one or two vegan options.
    Hopefully they'll stay open long enough to get their shit together and make this place worth it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfluff

glad to hear the french toast is good. thats what i plan on eating soon
    • CommentAuthorPugatch

im digging the new key lime pie ice cream by soy delicious the blueberry cheesecake wasnt so goodThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2013

yo dogs word on the street (instagram) is that that Root joint opening up where Peace O'Pie was is going to be a vegan juice bar/burger joint/brunch hole. it's not pizza but the pics on istagram look totes ridic. FUCK YEA VEGAN MINI MALL* GIMME WAFFLES

we decided last night that 3 places in a row makes it a mini mall (it's just like. a mini. mall)Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

^there's a fazebook page for it that makes it look yummy too.
    looking forward to it.
    • CommentAuthorben

I'll miss the pizza, but I'll definitely frequent somewhere with lots of different types of food more often. So I like it!I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

I miss the pizza.

I welcome any vegan establishment in Boston
    It's pathetic how few options there are for a city with a younger supposedly liberal populatione-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

red lintel in watertown.
    go there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

brunop:red lintel in watertown.
    go there.

in my opinion this place is ho hum
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2013

i do miss the pizza (DAT BBQ PIZZA OMG) but i am hoping for yummy stuff from that Root place. right now deep ellum is the only place i can get a good, soy free veggie burger.
    although, i wish a place would open up with more seating (vegan chill spot!). there were like, 4 very small tables in peace o'pie. i guess what i'm saying is that i still miss the otherside :( beer, juice bar, really good food, vegan desserts, hang times. RIP my friend

speaking of vegan joints - what's up with the vegan/veggie food downtown?
    my company is moving to the waterfront (right next door to the ICA). i'm bummed, cuz i'm leaving Central which has tons of good veggie food
    wtf am i gunna eat for lunch*?! :(

*other than 163, like every single day. and my thaiMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

rock death:
    brunop:red lintel in watertown.
    go there.

in my opinion this place is ho hum

we should give it another shot ;)

i will admit it's hard to go to red lentil when the town diner is right across the street and soooo awesome!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

taco party is by the dmv once a weeke-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    dora:...my company is moving to the waterfront (right next door to ICP)...

my brain is being weird todayDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

163, everyday. Momogoose also has a spot behind IP, and they're delicious. It is too hard to get good and cheap veg food downtown :c

There's also Flour on Farnsworth, it's a bit pricey but closer and really yummy."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

@dora: i think what you really need to figure out is which places around boston have sickk vegan dishes. like 163: not a vegan place, but sickk veggie duck.

so guys, what are the best vegan dishes around boston?