Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorOhHeather
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2008

For the longest time I've been wanting start a vegan dinner party group. It could be weekly, bi-weekly, even monthly, at a different person's place each time. I'm thinking potluck style since most of us are probably too busy to prepare an entire meal for 15 or however many people would show up. Each person plans ahead of time whether to bring an appetizer, dessert, whatever. Maybe a theme each week? Group ride afterwards? Idk, does anyone have any input/interest? I'd love to host the first one some time in September, as long as my roommates would be ok with it. This could be super fun! Anyone??

[Omnivores welcome too, as long as you bring veg food!]
    i was actually thinking the same thing, so i guess i'd be down.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar

Potlucks are the best. I'd definitely be interested in doing them whenever. I cook dinner each night anyways so I always have food to share.

I don't really know anybody on this forum yet, but it's always nice to meet new people, especially vegans and bike riders.
    • CommentAuthorpete

I'm down, and my house can host sometime too, and we have a crazy-awesome four square court at the end of our street that's lit at night. If you're looking at September, I'm open starting the second weekend of the month.
    I'm down with Vegan Bike Conspiracy meetings. Also would be neat to meet a few more people on here.

We can be like Freemasons, without the money or connections.

Should we do an e-mail list, or continue pissing off the omnis with our vegan spam?Think you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home.
    • CommentAuthorCole

i can supply all of the food ~_~. i am awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOhHeather

I like Vegan Bike Conspiracy. Can it be called that?! An e-mail list is a good idea. But I don't think this thread can really be hurting anyone either. But if everyone wants to post theirs in here we can get it together. Or whisper me if you don't want everyone to have it.

Does everyone have facebook? 'Cus it would be really easy to just make a facebook group for this.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

I'm vegan, but I don't socialize.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    Id be down for hosting the Vegan Bike Conspiracy every once in a while at my new apartment in September, lots of room.

my email is on my profile page.polo
    •  
      CommentAuthorOhHeather

Ok, there is now an official VBC facebook group . It's open, so join up. I'm compiling an e-mail list too for those of you who aren't on the facespace.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

we have vegan potlucks at my place fairly often, usually at least once a month.

we just had one, i should post up about them from now on.

ohHeather, i showed my roommate the vegan cog/chainring cake you posted and she was awestruck and said she needs to meet you. i would like to meet you as well. along with the rest of the people in this thread, b/c i don't think i know that many of you.

i'll let you guys know when we have the next one.
    OhHeather:Ok, there is now an official VBC facebook group .

...oh wow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008

gary, get out of this thread. you were a punk and didn't come to my potluck anyway!
    I didn't come to your potluck either. I'm so sad I had to work late instead. Next time!Word nerd
    •  
      CommentAuthorOhHeather

ratattack:ohHeather, i showed my roommate the vegan cog/chainring cake you posted and she was awestruck and said she needs to meet you. i would like to meet you as well. along with the rest of the people in this thread, b/c i don't think i know that many of you.
    Aw, thanks :] I've actually met you once before on a wednesday night ride. I showed up with Dana a few months ago on one of the many pleasure bay rides. I was the slowpoke on the fuji track. I'll definitely be going on more rides come September, as long as I have the time. But I'm excited to meet everyone too, and I'm sure you can tell how excited I am for vegan potlucks, since I don't know many vegans outside of here.

First dinner on September 6th at my (and Dana's and 3 other boys') apartment in Allston?? That's pretty far away, so I won't worry about details for a few weeks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

oh, awesome. i remember, you were awesome.

we'll probably have a potluck at my place before then so i'll be sure to post up here about it.

they're usually random mondays at 7, but due to a bunch of people with band practice/class we might reconsider mondays.
    guess what
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar

^ haha what is that from?
    i totally support deadpool (both in that picture, and as a comic book character)

ratattack:gary, get out of this thread. you were a punk and didn't come to my potluck anyway!

i was in this thread to laugh at the fact that a facebook group was spawned from it. and i didn't come to the potluck because i don't cook a single thing outside of plain meat with no other ingredients.
    • CommentAuthorCole

^ STRAIGHT EDGE means VEGAN dude, POSERR.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar

Cole:^ STRAIGHT EDGE means VEGAN dude, POSERR.

wait what?
    • CommentAuthorCole

forget it. i like food, any and all, meat and non meat, preferably salty.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

Cole:^ STRAIGHT EDGE means VEGAN dude, POSERR.

Street by street, block by block

I might be the last one in boston with the vegan straight edge.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    • CommentAuthorCole

nah there are plenty, they're all just 18 and edge life... like me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Cole:nah there are plenty, they're all just 18 and haven't turned 21 yet... like me.
    dongpincher 1000
    • CommentAuthorCole

^you got it ~_~
    i think we should let the vegans have their thread(s) back...
    • CommentAuthorvegaju

i cant wait to come back to go to your potlucks. ive decided i'm gonna be a professional vegan chef/pastry chef. well probly not but i want to. so this time i'll make some goooood shit,
    •  
      CommentAuthordrchae

I'd be totally up for something like this. I've been trying to be as veg as possible, but running out of ideas so this would be a great chance to pick up some new tips/ideas.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2008

mrotown:

Street by street, block by block

I might be the last one in boston with the vegan straight edge.

I am vegan straight edge!
    •  
      CommentAuthorOhHeather

vegaju, that's kind of what i want to do too! what i really want is to have a vegan bakery and make sick cakes. which is why it makes sense for me to be pursuing a bfa in fibers, right??? thanks college!

Nothing Nice is so full of win.Think you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home.
    • CommentAuthorvegaju

lets do it!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorOhHeather

right now!
    • CommentAuthorvegaju

when i get back to boston!! i'm still in chicago till i move back!! aug 18 i'll be back. we'll get that shit doneeee!
    ugh i miss chicago.
    :/
    • CommentAuthorgc

OhHeather: pursuing a bfa in fibers

like cotton and rayon?gone
    •  
      CommentAuthorCowboy

are vegan women allowed to drink man milk?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2008 edited

nobody/nothing decides what vegans are "allowed" to do.
    • CommentAuthorMcDonald

Zomar:
    mrotown:

I might be the last one in boston with the vegan straight edge.

I am vegan straight edge!

I am too!
    • CommentAuthorpete

We made vegan fucking apple-peanut butter-caramel pie last night, along with smoky BBQ maple syrup tempeh and mashed potatos with chickpea gravy. Vegan pie throwdown, anyone?
    I make an awesome tofu pot pie. Mmm.Word nerd
    •  
      CommentAuthorOhHeather

vegaju:when i get back to boston!! i'm still in chicago till i move back!! aug 18 i'll be back. we'll get that shit doneeee!

yeahhhhh girlllll

grahambear:
    OhHeather: pursuing a bfa in fibers

like cotton and rayon?
    haha yeah. it's not just like studying the properties of fabric though... its weaving, dyeing, knitting, papermaking, surface design, installations, etc etc
    OhHeather:installations

like light and plumbing?You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOhHeather

^ no, mostly HVAC
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2008

bu.

ump.

NOTICE:

vegan potluck, next monday, august 4th. 7pm. in allston-town.

whisper me for exact address/phone number/etc.

please bring food/drink. friends are also welcome.
    what if i have no friends, and bring no vegan food or drink? can i just have lots of leftovers for free?
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2008

get outta here, gary! you already declined my invitation!

and seriously, how hard is it to pick up some lemonade? or bread, or [if you really feel like going all out] a box of tofutti cuties?!

hmm, lactard? what. then.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOhHeather
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2008

i know it's still far away, but i'm thinking of a breakfast for dinner theme for sept. 6th.

NOM NOM NOM (no rabbits in the pancakes plz)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2008 edited

bump.

First potluck is tonight in Allston. Contact someone who knows for details?