Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

That rules. Less waste. I just had my friend's hugely statured dad who was all "I don't care if it's 3am if you hit a deer call me." We used to have band practice in the garage with deer hanging from the ceiling. CENTRAL PA 4LYFE.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    awesome.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2010

Vegan shoe store opens in CambridgeI have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2010

Too bad about it being on the wrong side of the river.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2010

^^that's awesome

also, i went to the new vegan fancy pants restaurant in teele square on tuesday
    uh. best fucking food i've ever had IN MY LIFE. totally worth the $$$$$$$$
    http://www.truebistroboston.com/Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

I went to true bistro tonight.
    The owners and staff have obviously never worked in the restaurant world before.
    Definitely not A game (my date was a long time waitress and kept pointing out rookie moves)
    The food was good, but all these fancy vegan spots (blossom etc) need to get it through their head that adding booze doesn't automatically make something top shelf. Some of us are crucial edgemen and aren't looking for the foul taste of wine in our meal.

It's still nice to have other options.
    Bummer that it's on the wrong side of the river though.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

damn, sean. you seem to be quite pimp with the ladies and the fancy vegan dates.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2010

well i thought our waitress did a great jobMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

Mine was so timid. She couldn't decide which table to approach so she just stood there endlessly vacilating. Also she needed to speak up.

Lauren, please read below.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

noted.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2010

Yo! I made too much vegan pumpkin bread pudding. Come get some. I live in JP. whisper for address or better yet e-mail since I m never on here anymore. cgilbe1[at]gmail.

I can also hook you up with vegan nachos and perhaps brown sugar/tobasco sweet potato fries too."You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2010

I WOULD EAT IT ALL IF I WERE IN TOWNI have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2011

on our way back to boston alex and i stopped in philly to eat some food and went to an asian restaurant called KINGDOM OF VEGETARIANS
    it was awesome
    all you can eat dim sum for $12 and more pages of menu than you know what to do with
    OH YEAMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

whoa where is that?
    I'm going to be there with another vegan this month.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

129 N 11th St # 1 (in chinatown)
    Philadelphia, PA 19107-2347
    (215) 413-2290

i don't think they have a web site but we went on new year's day and they were open until 10pm.

it's more like the vegan asian place in worcester than a grasshopper type place; your standard greasy chinese food, only all vegan.
    and they have fried bananas for desert! and really good sticky buns! and omg @ the sesame beef. and get the wonton soup! with like carrot-y ginger dumplings mmmmmmmmmmmm :DMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2011

Hey does anybody have a good recipe for homemade seitan? I just bought a bunch of vital wheat gluten that I want to turn into deliciousness. I found a ton online, but I'd prefer to hear what you all like. Thanks!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert

^ for sure try the one on fatfreevegan. It is BY FAR the easiest and best seitan recipe ever. just search for BBQ ribz. I just change the spice blend depending on what dish i want. E.g. in asian dishes I use ginger and garlic and sesame seed oil, bbq I use paprika, onion powder, etc."You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Sweet, thanks! How necessary is the nutritional yeast part. I've seen other recipes call for brewers yeast, but some call for nutritional instead. I've really only used nutritional yeast as a flavoring agent. Is it critical for texture, etc?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert

I always use it since it is so delicious. it shouldn't be expensive. You can buy large flake (= yummiest) nutritional yeast at harvest coop (central sq) in bulk (i.e. a scoop or two at a time) for really cheap."You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpbevins

mrotown:whoa where is that?
    I'm going to be there with another vegan this month.

If you need any advice on eating either amazingly or cheaply in philly, drop me a line.

I've been vegan for about 8 years, and I just moved back to boston after 4 years in philly.

whisper a message, and I'll give you my number if you'd like.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2011

I'm making some seitan-chickpea cutlets if anyone wants some."You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2011

Also, blueberry coffee cake."You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2011

I missed these posts until now. I will eat anything you make!I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2011

i wonder if your blueberry coffee cake is the same recipe that my roommate gave me. it's flipping wonderful! i think it's out of a vegan cookbook.

i can't wait to make blueberry coffee cake from blueberries fresh out of my garden.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert

Lauren, got mine off veg web, not very sweet but very low calorie and great with coffee in the AM! (Also, let's hang out soon!)

Oh I also made pumpkin pie coffee cake this morning too."You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

trail runs and/or bike rides are always welcome hangouts!
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2011

BikeRadar's article on cycling and vegetarianism has started quite the comment thread. It's the most replies I've ever seen to something they've posted.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2011

Blue state on comm ave now has vegan banana pancakes.
    Ryan is awesome.
    Go get them.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2011

Dave Zabriskie to attempt this year's TdF on an (almost entirely) vegan diet.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

LAAAAAAMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEE
    If you're going to eat fish do the rest of us a favor and stop using the wrong label for what you're doing.
    You're to blame for me having to explain at restaurants and family gathers that I don't eat fish.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

and by you I mean DZ and not Bene-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2011

I dunno. I think it would be reasonable to say say you "don't drink" even if you have a glass of wine for Shabbat dinner each week - if you acknowledge it. I wouldn't say you can blanket call your a teetotaler, but for all practical purposes you're not a drinker.

Describing his diet as vegan, while acknowledging that he is going to eat fish (but no other animal products) 2x a week to help with iron absorption, is really the best way to explain it. What else would you say? "He's a pescatarian who only eats fish on a regulated basis and otherwise abstains from consuming all other animal products"?

He's not vegan, but that sounds an awful lot like "a vegan diet that occasionally incorporates fish for nutritional value" to me.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2012

BRUNCH N BIKE SOON FOLKS?! I need more vegan brunches and cooking in my life."You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2012

J.P. Licks launches vegan line of flavorsI have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    so, i have a lb of nooch and need some good recipes. anyone?You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2012

ben:J.P. Licks launches vegan line of flavors

OH YEA
    Gilbert:BRUNCH N BIKE SOON FOLKS?! I need more vegan brunches and cooking in my life.

OH YEA
    conor!:so, i have a lb of nooch and need some good recipes. anyone?

OH YEA
    none are even remotely healthy, though.
    if i do say so myself, i make a mean macaroni and nooch cheese and nooch gravy

for the macaroni and nooch
    boil pasta until it's al dente, drain it and stuff
    in another pot saute your favorite kind of 'shrooms (i usually use baby bello's or the regular white kind), finely chopped, in lots of butter. you can do onion & shroom or just onion if you don't like shrooms.
    add salt & pepp
    once they've let their juices out and are a little browned add good veggie stock. deglaze the pan and then add like a ton of nooch. let it simmer until they're all familiar with each other and add the al dente pasta and cook for a couple minutes until the pasta is fully cooked & coated in the cheesy nooch sauce. then you're good!
    proportion wise, i'd use like 1/2 lb of pasta, about 2 cups of stock, 1/2 of a container of mushrooms and/or 1/2 an onion and seriously like, a cup of nooch.
    this is really good with chopped up broccoli or brussel sprouts cooked in the nooch sauce too

for nooch gravy
    pretty much start out the same way
    lots of butter + onions and/or mushrooms chopped up real tiny
    sautee until soft & a little browned with salt & pepp
    then add a tablespoon or two of flour
    sautee just to get the raw flour taste out
    add veggie stock and nooch
    simmer for like 10 minutes
    eat mad gravy

yesterday I made zucchini biscuits with nooch gravy and it was the shit!
    i noticed that our meal didn't have lots of protein, and we had leftover refried beans in the fridge
    so i threw like 1/2 of a cup into the nooch gravy and dissolved it in there and it was so good! nooch protein gravy!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Fun fact: Ounce for ounce, nutritional yeast (I refuse to say "nooch" like I refuse to say "fixie") has more protein than refried beans.

I put it on popcorn. And I sometimes throw it in my homemade chickpea patties.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    SNOOCH TO THE NOOCH!
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

nerdo:Fun fact: Ounce for ounce, nutritional yeast (I refuse to say "nooch" like I refuse to say "fixie") has more protein than refried beans.

i did not know that

all this talk about nooch is making me hungryMust be awful, being so fluffy.