Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

I had no idea there were such things.

Wife Carrying Championship????

http://www.sundayriver.com/Events/Main/Wife_Carrying_Championship.htmlAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    only in america?
    • CommentAuthorbluedog
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2008

that's awesome.that's when I reach for my revovler...
    Haha, I could so win that with this girl I know.

I put her in marriage sack.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    • CommentAuthorshepherd

new meaning to the term "Get Off My Back Bitch!!!"
    •  
      CommentAuthormur
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2008 edited

Chicago Karl:only in america?

hardly. from Wikipedia,

The sport was first introduced at Sonkajärvi, Finland.

Major wife-carrying competitions are held in Sonkajärvi, Finland (where the prize is the wife's weight in beer) Monona, Wisconsin, and Marquette, Michigan.
    ~(..,)~ (oYo) make whoopee not war (oYo) ~(..,)~
    wife's weight in beer.

That sounds MIGHTY TEMPTING.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthormur

Screw that. Make the women carry US. Far more entertaining.

I wonder how gay marriage might impact this competition?Think you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home.
    robsolete:Screw that. Make the women carry US. Far more entertaining.

make them carry us while we drink beer?
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

Last year's national champ is a NU cycling team member.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    I also like how there's a first fatty prize.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    Boston needs to have one of these. Copley or Christian Science fountain.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    sedition:Boston needs to have one of these. Copley or Christian Science fountain.

if this is directed at this forum, there aren't enough women to go around.

but i can only imagine the look on the christian scientists faces as a bunch of guys go running through their fountain with women strapped to their backs.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthorgregwhits

mrotown:Last year's national champ is a NU cycling team member.

yeah, friend of mine keith, he entered the race on a whim when NU hosted our ECCC mountain bike race @ sunday river. heres a video:

wife carrying.

turns out the beer was bud light, but they did get a bunch of money too. and there was bud light everywhere for the rest of the weekend. upslope from that was a fairly exciting dual slalom final as well.
    • CommentAuthorMcDonald

I wonder how gay marriage might impact this competition?

It says in that website's competition rules that the women can carry the men, if that's the way you want to do it.
    robsolete:I wonder how gay marriage might impact this competition?

They have their own version. Some of the radical fariees crowd was protesting the Gay Games a few years back. They had a Purse Toss, 50m Heel Race, and Sycronized Shopping tournaments. Hilarious.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    kilgore_trout:
    sedition:Boston needs to have one of these. Copley or Christian Science fountain.

if this is directed at this forum, there aren't enough women to go around.

but i can only imagine the look on the christian scientists faces as a bunch of guys go running through their fountain with women strapped to their backs.

You say that like you can't get girls who would be willing to volunteer. Maybe if you posted on Craigslist and were like "SEXY BIKE MESSENGER NEEDS SKINNY BABE FOR HOT GAMES"

I mean I thought all the chicks were wild for couriers.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    kilgore_trout:

make them carry us while we drink beer?

In armchairs.Think you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home.
    • CommentAuthorlos!

wait so your wife/signifigant other has to sniff your ass for the race? thats not very fair.ride fast drink hard
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

haha. it was pretty epic. people train year-round for the competition, the previous year's champs didn't show last year b/c they got hurt in "pre-season training".

keith and his gf julie decided to do it the night beforehand. and won in the closest final in NAWCC history.

they won 5x julie's weight in cash, 1x her weight in beer, and an invite to the world championships [which they fundraised for and i believe recently attended].

they were featured in time magazine. julie was kinda pissed b/c they overestimated her weight to give them extra cash & beer, and then published everywhere that she weighed 15 more lbs than she actually did.

i think the only rule is that it's a mixed gender couple. other than that, it's a muddy ridiculous shitshow! quite the sight to behold.
    • CommentAuthorlos!

this sounds like a blast. seriously. who couldnt use 1x their signifigant others weight in beer/whiskey/wine/snuffride fast drink hard
    ratattack:
    they were featured in time magazine. julie was kinda pissed b/c they overestimated her weight to give them extra cash & beer, and then published everywhere that she weighed 15 more lbs than she actually did.

only a woman would be pissed that her weight was estimated at 15lbs heavier even if it meant more money and beer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008

well, she didn't mind at the time.

but then it was published all over the damn place and she got a little sad about it.

keith admitted it made him feel like more of a man.
    ratattack:but then it was published all over the damn place and she got a little sad about it.

a nice incentive to lose 15 more pounds which most females should be attempting to do.
    kilgore_trout:
    a nice incentive to lose 15 more pounds which most females should be attempting to do.

pauseflip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    kilgore_trout:
    ratattack:but then it was published all over the damn place and she got a little sad about it.

But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2008

kilgore_trout:

Having your weight published 15lbs heavier... should inspire someone to lose weight?

Also, I like the extra "most females" part. Classy. I know you don't drink, so I'm totally blanking as to logical explanation for this response.dongpincher 1000
    • CommentAuthorChromeLugs
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2008

kilgore_trout:

Bravo!*

*I actually mean, "Booooo!"I prefer 49x16
    All girls are sluts. True story. I'm a man on the internet!But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    i always forget what this thread is about. truth.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2008

dear tristan:

you're right. all girls want to suck your dick. but not just because you ride a bike - you also have such a winning personality!

and gary:

i looked in the mirror this morning and realized that you're right also. but hey - why stop at just 15lbs? i've decided to have a full-fledged eating disorder to get that nagging extra weight off.

phew. what would girls do without the two of you around to be such dreamy bike dudes and set us in our place? thanks boys!
    yep. i'm a man. what i say is always right, especially about what women should do.
    ratattack:dear tristan:

you're right. all girls want to suck your dick. but not just because you ride a bike - you also have such a winning personality!

and gary:

i looked in the mirror this morning and realized that you're right also. but hey - why stop at just 15lbs? i've decided to have a full-fledged eating disorder to get that nagging extra weight off.

phew. what would girls do without the two of you around to be such dreamy bike dudes and set us in our place? thanks boys!

I really hope this doesn't go for all us guys.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    ratattack:dear tristan:

and gary:

Eating disorders are so like, 20th century Kate Moss. I suggest stapling your stomach or putting a lap band in, like Oprah or something. Maybe lipo? Gotta have that killer beach bod like all the stars!

As a man, it is my duty to put women in their place, like the kitchen, or perhaps on a stripper's pole, as it has been long established that women are but mere decoration and cannot handle complex thinking. When's the last time a woman did anything for science? Huh? Best thing women can do is discover radiation (totes lame!) and then die from irradiation. Marie Curie. Sounds like she should be back in the kitchen making me some CURRY.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    tristan if i ever need to know anything about roofies, i'm totally asking you first.flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    • CommentAuthormeetball
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2008 edited

octopus magic:
    kilgore_trout:

WIN.
    •  
      CommentAuthormur
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2008 edited

underwater cycling.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkaryatid
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2008

... like a scuba diver needs a bicycle!
    ^^Wow, that must be from the 24 hour race Greg & I did this weekend.
    -robot[all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

haha. i talked to greg yesterday.

he sounded very disoriented, and i gather it rained a little during the race.

are you doing great glen?

in light of being unable to find any other girls to race with me, i am now considering doing it solo.

this oughta be interesting...
    •  
      CommentAuthorgregwhits

it rained a little bit...
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

^the best part is you have the same pose/facial expression as the photo in the shop where you're holding up the medal. only you're coated in mud.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrobotbuilder
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2008 edited

^Derr. . .
    Greg is always disoriented.
    -bot[all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthormur
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008 edited

chr|s sedition:I had no idea there were such things.

Wife Carrying Championship????

http://www.sundayriver.com/Events/Main/Wife_Carrying_Championship.html

this Saturday.~(..,)~ (oYo) make whoopee not war (oYo) ~(..,)~