Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2010

Richard Neutra did the same thing to my undergrad college.
    http://www.bohlarchitects.com/Mellon_H/mellon.htm
    Among the many things those pictures don't show are the huge green steel shutters (over the windows of our labs) that didn't fucking work anymore, that the school didn't have the money to repair, and that the state wouldn't let them remove.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2010

andrews point (hoop pole cove)
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2010

one of my professors told me that the stata center gives it's employees vertigo. and yes, that it's leaky. i think it was a physics professor - in a lecture about how water always finds the shortest path down, he pointed out that builders are unfamiliar with round joints/walls and so it's not very well built and water gets in everywhere. also, the people who work there hung curtains to make 90* angles in order to lessen the sea-sickness.

however, it's still funny how the metal building on right looks like a robot peeking over the other building.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2010

the blue book
    • CommentAuthorSparky
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2010

I love my whiskey decanter so much I decided to take a picture of it...

StudioWeek5Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2010

off provincetown. female common eider:
    female common eider
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2010

So... just locked myself in the laundry mat for an hour and a half cause it closes at 10pm. i went in at 9:58... but I brought my TLR camera and 2 rolls of color film. I completely botched the first roll. had to open the camera. ::tear:: 2nd roll was okay. mostly shot at f8, 10-30seconds. didnt have a light meter. just guessed...

anyway.. where do I send 120mm color film (Ektar 100 for interested parties) to be processed in this area. I do my own B&W so i dunno what to do about color. I'm talking like the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, best places. Cause I do Hunts all the time. and its okay. Just wanna know where i SHOULD be going.EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2010

VectoredZev:So... just locked myself in the laundry mat for an hour and a half cause it closes at 10pm. i went in at 9:58... but I brought my TLR camera and 2 rolls of color film. I completely botched the first roll. had to open the camera. ::tear:: 2nd roll was okay. mostly shot at f8, 10-30seconds. didnt have a light meter. just guessed...

anyway.. where do I send 120mm color film (Ektar 100 for interested parties) to be processed in this area. I do my own B&W so i dunno what to do about color. I'm talking like the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, best places. Cause I do Hunts all the time. and its okay. Just wanna know where i SHOULD be going.

colortek, if you have the $$$RIDE METAL
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2010 edited

¿Cuánto cuesta? how much will it cost me?

wait. i looked it up. only $7.75 for C-41 120mm. how does that price compare. I'm gonna scan and probably print them myself (if i print analog, or digital even). ((btw, their website is terrible!)) I'm a noob, sorry for all the questions... Is there anything additional i should ask for?

btw. i shot most of it at 20-30 seconds. should i pull the processing some?EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...

Photo by Matt Teuten, not me. But the bottom bike is one of mine. www.matt2ten.com (so he doesn't give me shit)aka BikeNinja - Always wear protection.
    this forum has some serious talent....
    sorry i have been away for so long. just got back from vaca in san francisco!

hope those of you lucky enough to enjoy a break made good use of it!bowel shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2010

route 30

IMG_7081
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler

On the top of Monadnock (and the pyramid) Saturday around noon. Absolutely beautiful day. It was warm, but there was still snow on the trails that was melting and cascading down the trails.

•  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

^hahahaha! great! the bandanas are key.
    ^^needs more bandanasclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2010

fun with my film camera and my first roll of color film on it. First roll of color 120 ever.

3_20-27_012

ektar 100, 100 iso

3_20-27_010

~11pmEPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2010

70 and sunny!:
    70 and sunny. . .
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2010

late afternoon
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2010

bruno i think the color settings in your camera are a bit off.
    (white balance?)gone
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2010

painted turtle
    • CommentAuthorSparky
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2010

First scan from new scanner!

SamanthaGet a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live.
    • CommentAuthorjerome
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2010

Some of my final portfolio stuff... here's hoping I graduate!

©JeromeEno_Architecture_002

JeromeEno_Ad_007

JeromeEno_Ad_001

©JeromeEno_Architecture_003i didnt like my old username anymore so here's a new one.
    ^ the top one is iller than the illiad, son!Much like the earth's mantle, that sort of thing is beneath us.
    • CommentAuthorjerome
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2010

^ thanks!i didnt like my old username anymore so here's a new one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2010 edited

welcome

to

Nahant, MA

it's beautifulsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2010

^ i shot a wedding in that EXACT SAME SPOT yesterday....nice pics!RIDE METAL
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Yeah, good work, Sean!

Baumann: Stop being a bum and get at me.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF

+ more. this was just the first one i made.EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    Mick:
    welcome

to

Nahant, MA

it's beautiful

Nice, I think you'd enjoy the Oregon coast quite a bit.[all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2010 edited

white mountains: finally a nice trail after slogging through snow/snowmelt.

Photobucket

Photobucket

PhotobucketTroglodytarum is latin for troll
    robotbuilder:Nice, I think you'd enjoy the Oregon coast quite a bit.

i really want to move there when i'm older, any location recommendations?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2010

^^nice, howl.

that's all.
    Got some great shots of Alexi on the docks a couple weeks back. If you look closely at his glasses, it makes a miniature of the skyline.
    DSC_0198
    From NYC:
    RGBalloon
    I wish I could've gotten more skyline in that one.
    Get a grip.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    howl:white mountains: finally a nice trail after slogging through snow/snowmelt.

what peak is this? moosilauke by any chance?
    •  
      CommentAuthorthepeo
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2010 edited

^monadnock i believe

edit: wait, now im not sure - spoke too soon. monadnock has an extra lil section to it at the top like the photo, but the original says white mountains...http://www.grafikmag.com/index.php?m=GR&sub=GRdetail&id=430
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl

If memory serves, that's a section coming up to boott spur. Offers the option to turn and go up mt. washington ( and mingle with the auto road folks. bleh), go off towards mt. monroe, or get chased down the glen boulder trail by ominous clouds:

Photobucket Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasso

mmmm glen boulder trail, i have a pic of that i'll post when i get homeThere's always money in The Banana Stand
    tammypuppy

sooooooo adorbsi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    Mick:
    robotbuilder:Nice, I think you'd enjoy the Oregon coast quite a bit.

i really want to move there when i'm older, any location recommendations?

I don't at the moment. I'd be (almost) any place on the Oregon coast in a heartbeat if there were jobs to be had.

[:|][all your base are belong to us]
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010

• CommentAuthorjerome
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010

^ ace! i love that photo!i didnt like my old username anymore so here's a new one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2010

lusitania meadow
    img_2209
    Icebox cake from the potluck last week

img_2235
    Tristan and I rode to the only monument in the world (so I hear) to a chicken - in Adamsville, RI

This is the route (as best I remember it), starting at my grandmother's house. Riding on 88 is illegal, but we had no other way to cross the river.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthormauspad
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2010

"Destruction Brook Woods"? dayam floofy.
    DSC_2488

DSC_2465

DSC_2406

DSC_2429

DSC_9994

DSC_0022

idk i like shoot digital like i like dunno.
    2nd from the top is my new background

and where's the bottom one from???somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    glad you like it.
    it's the "opera house" on mission hill. it's pretty easy to get into.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=02120&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=56.768363,114.169922&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Boston,+Suffolk,+Massachusetts+02120&ll=42.333942,-71.099541&spn=0.00164,0.003484&z=19&layer=c&cbll=42.333905,-71.099434&panoid=IPec2uPy0xJ8KhYooPe0uw&cbp=12,189.48,,0,4.17
    awesome, thank yousomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    ^^Huh, that's the building I couldn't find a way into, though I did get into the one next to it.[all your base are belong to us]
    ^you can enter through the parking lot or building next door. years ago there was a knife boston party and i kicked the wall down at the end of the basement hallway connecting the 2 buildings.
    i wish i had my good camera then because the place was covered in awesome graffiti and headless saint statues. so awesome. the other building looked like it hadnt been touched since they shut that part of the school down.
    the boston "punx" threw an arm chair off the roof onto a car and ruined that spot for serious fun parties. there were over 300 people crawling around that place getting tetanus. My favorite thing there though was the chandelier the the punx also cut and dropped from the ceiling and the burnt piano.
    It's all gutted now though.

anyways. american bottom brackets... burn in hell.
    DSC_2592

DSC_2679