Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2012 edited

^^ghost ship!!`

^and whoasomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2012

moon
    nice 'nop. i was biking down boylston and i saw the full moon rising perfectly centered over the road and rising between two buildings in the distance. totally bummed i didn't have a camera on mebowel shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2012 edited

/
    nice!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2012

red-tailed hawk

red-tailed hawk
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2012

Photobucket
    Photobucket

Summer and winter in the whites.Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2012

A few from the ride yesterday...

RIDE METAL
    • CommentAuthorroburrito

I'm jealous, I need to get my legs back.A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSaffs

^^
    Gorgeous. What camera? Yashica?
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN

yep, t4. awesome camera for shooting while riding, in and out of the jersey pocket with ease, weather/sweat proof, point n shoot, great colors and quality. love that little thing.RIDE METAL
    •  
      CommentAuthorSaffs

^ Great camera, I got the Contax T2. Same deal but the Contax feels heavier, less pull it out your pocket and take a shot. I need a T4 :)
    you two are perfect for each othersomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    I love that last shot... wish I could've come out to enjoy the fun.
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2012

thanks tim. that was the last shot on the roll, i tried to take another a little further down so you could see more of the uphill road on the other side but the camera had already gone into auto-rewind and well, its tricky changing film while descending on dirt. oh well, next time!RIDE METAL
    • CommentAuthorDoubleL

wow, yeah, that last shot is incredible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlenny

what kinda film did you use? the 1st shot of barn is lomo-esque. love the pop of green grass and red barn.
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN

these were all just regular old kodak max 400 (or whatever), the standard stuff you can buy almost anywhere. i did tweak the colors a bit in lightroom using some presets i bought a little while back as a base - http://visualsupply.co/ - highly recommended, saves me a lot of time in processing and is a great starting point for achieving a variety of different "film" looks with digital (or, in this case, digital from film) files.RIDE METAL
    •  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2012 edited

This is really more of a DQ post, but it's photo-specific enough I thought it might be better posted here.

Any suggestions on how to correct for perspective when taking photos of a building, without actually getting a perspective-correcting lens?

I usually just take a number of photos changing the angle of the shot a tiny bit each time, and hope one gets acceptably close, it's all for my own personal use anyway.

Anyway, por ejemplo:

DSCN1800
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2012 edited

lightroom has perspective correction now, there are a variety of ways to do it in photoshop and PS6 has a dedicated tool for it as well.
    its a pretty common question, I'm sure there are a number of good tutorials that you could google up.
    every technique will end up cropping in on your photo in some fashion though, so shoot wider rather than tighter if you anticipate straightening things out later.RIDE METAL
    a massive, fast moving storm front on the cape this weekend. glad the weather was clear for my bike ride back!
    bowel shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2012

friggin awesome!ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2012

duuuuuuuuuuuuude, that is a sick shot!RIDE METAL
    Lake Effect

where'd all the photographers go?bowel shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse
    • CommentAuthoringsy
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2013

Carson Beach...not sure if the boat is still there, think it came up during Sandy
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaolo
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2013

Here's another one.. I saw this along the Harbor Point harborwalk in Dorchester about a week after Sandy, while going to take a picture of the Red Line bridge for tag n brag.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggreggg
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2013 edited

Mount Greylock Hike

Mount Greylock about a quarter mile from the summit- 01/01/2013 - Nexus 4 Mobile Phone Camera

enjoy two cosmetics
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2013

Nice shots dudes!

Were you riding that snow greg? Fatbike?! Please say fatbike.

Heres one from this past week riding in VA...

RIDE METAL
    •  
      CommentAuthorggreggg
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2013

fatbike would've been a dream! I would've even settled for a saucer. This was all hiking, 16 miles round trip- 3 hours up 2 and a half down. Started at 1660' and made it up to 3491'enjoy two cosmetics
    ^^can't believe you shot that on a mobile phone greg...loving the tone inversion of the dark sky/light ground.

^some day I hope I can make it out to VA for some rides...looks like beautiful terrain eric. did you have a birthday on the first?

Phoenix Rising
    another shot from my sister's apartment. my niece olivia has been waking me up at six and I couldn't resist shooting a sunrise like that. they've only been living here for a year and half but I think they already take the view for granted. too bad they are looking for a house in the 'burbs.bowel shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse
    • CommentAuthorroburrito
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2013 edited

Tree growing over a u-lock on Beacon St in Somerville
    A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    The talent on BFG constantly amazes me. Pics posted in the last 7 days are astonishing.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2013

deus ex machina
    brunop:deus ex machina

New wallpaper.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    brunop:moon

Holy WTF. How did I miss this before. Fuck the new wallpaper, this is a contender for next tattoo.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2013

fort point channel
    I hope this doesn't post sideways.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    spoooooookyi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2013

L1017111

central square.
    Wavetable Diffraction
    large-scale diffraction off a breakwater in lake michigan. kinda regretting not shooting video for an animated gifbowel shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse
    fuck yeah fluid dynamicsDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2013

Sometimes I miss Chicago. Not often, but sometimes.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    I visited once and would love to go back sometime.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorben

Cool city, but a way different personality to the people than you find on the East Coast.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

My parents lived in Illinois for a few years for my dad's job. I was born there. They left the first chance they could, endless cornfields and rampant racism weren't really their style. I imagine Chicago is a little different than Urbana, though. The bike scene wasn't terribly friendly when I went out for the Sadie Hawkins race, though.
    • CommentAuthorroburrito

I went to college at Urbana-Champaign! Racism wasn't much of an issue, but the landscape is incredible boring. When your school has its own cornfields...A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    Chicago is an awesome city with some amazing architecture and on some level will always feel like home to me. Unfortunately the per-capita homicide rate has been on the rise and the last few years has been virtually on par with many of the worst US cities. As for southern Illinois, well, despite being a "northern state", its rural areas are just as frighteningly conservative as anywhere in the south.

I dunno if it's actually true or not but when I was attending UIUC I heard you could actually be expelled for trespassing on the experimental corn plot. It's the oldest in the country and they take agriculture pretty seriously there. When the undergraduate library was built, they had to put it all underground so it wouldn't shade the plot!bowel shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse
    Chicago Parks & Recbowel shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse
    • CommentAuthorroburrito
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2013

Not my photo but I love it

A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    ooo! ^YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK