Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2008 edited

what tags do i use to post a picture?!? jeez this is embarrassing.MUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthor49teeth
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2008 edited

^ [img src="link goes here"] Replace the [] with <> i think...

Also, where do you guys recommend I go to get some film and a battery/s for my camera? It's a Minolta XG-1... bought it off ebay, not even sure if it works yet! muaha.
    • CommentAuthor.
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2008 edited

my detectives desk (era 1979)
    commercial: outside in, studio setup

1979 Detectives desk - commercial in studio work

[Edit] More work of mine lately:

Commercial Class Work Food Photography Commercial Class Work Texture

Commercial Class Work Reflective
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2008

don't anyone take outdoor pics? buncha city slickers!

; )
    • CommentAuthorslowski
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2008

here's to you brunop!

vt trip 017
    clouds in the valley

vt trip 050
    sun on my back

vt trip 022
    season finale

vt trip 031
    my barn

vt trip 060
    a rest stop on my way home.If at first you don't succeed... you fail.
    • CommentAuthorcorter
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2008 edited

outside:

•  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2008

^haha! nice duder! where's that second pic from?
    ok, this kinda involves photography and the internet, so one of you should know.

how do i download/save a picture from a site like this http://cyclocrossphoto.com/slideshow/20081116mercer8am/index.htm which uses a flash slideshow?

(don't worry, i'm not stealing anyone stuff or whiting out the watermarks. i give credit where credit is due)
    1. screen capture
    2. email website asking for higher-res copy along with an explanation why

both have worked for me in the pastPh'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    • CommentAuthor.
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2008

^^ if from a mac then use preview and grab.
    • CommentAuthor.
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2008 edited

today's work

•  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2008

kilgore_trout:ok, this kinda involves photography and the internet, so one of you should know.

how do i download/save a picture from a site like this http://cyclocrossphoto.com/slideshow/20081116mercer8am/index.htm which uses a flash slideshow?

(don't worry, i've morally rationalized this to myself to it's okay)
    dongpincher 1000
    ^ do a screenshot?But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFlashroute
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2008

Porcupine Islands
    Porcupine Islands 2

Pics from my honeymoonSeeds Sewn: Re-Cycling Hatter of Boston... Only at OPEN Bicycle
    This thread sucks, and so do all the pictures.Jockin' Mike D. to my dismay!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFlashroute
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2008 edited

?Seeds Sewn: Re-Cycling Hatter of Boston... Only at OPEN Bicycle
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2008

pay ip_p no mind.

he doesn't actually ride a bike. he just likes to come on here from time to time and heckle.
    Sprinkles
    My trip to Mt. Auburn Cemetery this afternoon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOhHeather
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2008

Flashroute, those pictures are crazy! What exactly is going on? water, sky? so hard to tell
    • CommentAuthorFix66
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2008

ericburgurz:^ [img src="link goes here"] Replace the [] with <> i think...

Also, where do you guys recommend I go to get some film and a battery/s for my camera? It's a Minolta XG-1... bought it off ebay, not even sure if it works yet! muaha.
    Calumet in cambridge, or e.p. lavines, 23 drydock ave. or anywhere except hunts.Less fashion, more thrashin.
    i'm dabbling in erotic art:

( . )( . )

(|)

8==================D

so, lemme know what you think.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    conor!:i'm dabbling in erotic art:

( . )( . )

(|)

8==================D

so, lemme know what you think.

Far too heteronormative. John Waters would not approve. Ron Jeremy, maybe.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    you are a liberal elite.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    conor!:you are a liberal elite.

Worse. I am an anarchist reactionary.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFlashroute
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2008

OhHeather:Flashroute, those pictures are crazy! What exactly is going on? water, sky? so hard to tell

OhHey, OhHeather, thanks!
    The pics are taken from the north east slope of Cadillac Mt. toward Frenchman's Bay and the Porcupine Islands at sunrise. The fog taht had settled in the bay was being blown over the islands and the sky was cloudy over head but clear on the horizon.Seeds Sewn: Re-Cycling Hatter of Boston... Only at OPEN Bicycle
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2008 edited

does anyone own a polaroid sx-70 that has not been modified to take 600 film that i can borrow? i used to, but sadly lost it in a break-up, and i have a need for one again.
    • CommentAuthor.

^ I have one, but left it in Canada
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

[sad face]
    •  
      CommentAuthortainted
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2008

• CommentAuthor.

I wish tammy could see these!!!

First. Working on Tammy's face:

Working tammys faceeee

Then a couple of hours (off and on) later:

tammy's face ... worked. Finals

Then 4-6 hours spent working on a knockoff Loretta Lux inspired image (www.lorettalux.de/) -- had to do it for my finals to show I can photoshop like a rad kid:

Loretta Lux Inspired (read description)
    • CommentAuthormauspad

tammy's so effing hot, frame that shit! and whoaaaa, i have the doe eyes my mom always wanted me to have! :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch

This is what i missed out on because i came to late right? good stuff kirstenEverybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    • CommentAuthor.
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2008 edited

the first shot of tammy was done on friday. The one of mauspad was done the very first headshot day that MOST couldn't make it to. Thanks you dan!

Its taking me about 2 hours a head. Sorry I probably won't have them all done soon. But next up is Karls & Alex face. I feel as if I need a rollover feature so you can all see why its taking 2 hours a head :x
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch

take a screen shot every 10-15 minutes thats what i did when i went to a career day and had to talk to over 100 kids.. never again...Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    • CommentAuthor.

Karl's headshot. Finals. Alex's headshot. Finals.
    • CommentAuthorFix66

^^^ yeah, i thought loretta lux before i even scrolled down to the part where you mentioned the reference, so your doin it right!Less fashion, more thrashin.
    sweet! you've successfully managed to cave karl and alex's skulls in
    • CommentAuthor.

^??? id like to see where it's caved?
    i think you're mixing up the thought of caved and side shadows. That or you need to correct your screen calibration, cause something seems distorted in "your" view

and ^^ thanks!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Fix66:^^^ yeah, i thought loretta lux before i even scrolled down to the part where you mentioned the reference, so your doin it right!

+1dongpincher 1000
    @ Kirsten

I wanna be in pictures again next time you need folks! :-D That was fun last time.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorFix66

^same...i wanna look as purty as all those folks!Less fashion, more thrashin.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjacobs

pete! gigantic:does anyone own a polaroid sx-70 that has not been modified to take 600 film that i can borrow? i used to, but sadly lost it in a break-up, and i have a need for one again.

unless you meant the other way, it's really easy to modify a 600 series camera to use sx-70/timezero film. it takes 2 minutes with some pliers and a $5 filter over the light meter (and thats really not even necessary, it's a polaroid..the filter is only really needed to shoot 600 film in a sx70 camera)
    thanks for the photoshoot kiki!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFlashroute
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2008

^wow... that is awesome, I like it a lot. Is the dog fake? If it is... nice job making it look real.

^^^^^^up K-c-cakes... I love the head shots. They look great. The side shadows on Alex's temples are just right and look very natural.Seeds Sewn: Re-Cycling Hatter of Boston... Only at OPEN Bicycle
    •  
      CommentAuthorFlashroute
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2008 edited

These are some climbing hold prototypes sculpted in foam before making a silicone mold and then casting them in resin. I took these shots as more of an artistic take on a not-so-artistic molding and casting process.

Holds 8.2 (Foam)
    Holds 2.1 (Foam)
    Holds 4.3 (Foam)
    Holds 7.2 (Foam)
    Holds 3.5 (Foam)Seeds Sewn: Re-Cycling Hatter of Boston... Only at OPEN Bicycle
    flashroute,
    that's a wolf.
    i really likez that photo a lot.
    i like how it makes me feeeeeeeeeeeeel

since you're making climbing holds, do you rock climb?
    bfgcg
    bostonfixedgearclimbingroup?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

jacobs:
    pete! gigantic:does anyone own a polaroid sx-70 that has not been modified to take 600 film that i can borrow? i used to, but sadly lost it in a break-up, and i have a need for one again.

unless you meant the other way, it's really easy to modify a 600 series camera to use sx-70/timezero film. it takes 2 minutes with some pliers and a $5 filter over the light meter (and thats really not even necessary, it's a polaroid..the filter is only really needed to shoot 600 film in a sx70 camera)

i'll keep this in mind, too bad my 600 was stolen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrobotbuilder

kirstencupcake:Karl's headshot. Finals. Alex's headshot. Finals.

Nice subtle use of digital editing. People often take it too far, but not in this case. Seeing these makes me bummed I missed the shoot.
    -Robot[all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthorjacobs
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2008

pete! gigantic:
    jacobs:

i'll keep this in mind, too bad my 600 was stolen.

any thrift store or yard sale should have a bunch. i think cvs still sells 600 series cameras for cheap too.